Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sammy has to be an assistant...he is too inexperienced and not good enough to be the head man
    SC is not going to be a DA coach. He is coaching a few purple pro teams

Comment

SC is not going to be a DA coach. He is coaching a few purple pro teams
      http://www.orlandocitysc.com/club/pro-academy

Comment

SC status with OC

I hear he's coaching both U13 Pro academy and asst to DP on U18 DA. OC just haven't updated DA roster and website.

does this seem to position SC to follow OC group of '02-'03's to handle U14 DA in 2016-17?

GB handling u14 DA this year plus U11's. positioning him to handle U12 DA next year?

who took over u14 DA at CLW?

Comment

I hear he's coaching both U13 Pro academy and asst to DP on U18 DA. OC just haven't updated DA roster and website.

does this seem to position SC to follow OC group of '02-'03's to handle U14 DA in 2016-17?

GB handling u14 DA this year plus U11's. positioning him to handle U12 DA next year?

I think that's about right. He'll earn his way this season and hopefully get his own DA squad in the near future. Great career move for him. How can GB manage a DA and club team? Won't there be conflicts everywhere?

Comment

NB is the 14 DA coach

Comment

NB is the 14 DA coach
              NB or GB or nobody ?

Comment

I think that's about right. He'll earn his way this season and hopefully get his own DA squad in the near future. Great career move for him. How can GB manage a DA and club team? Won't there be conflicts everywhere?
                This is how smart OC is. They get rid of a UEFA A licensed accomplished coach and hire some as clown who lost more games at the DA level than most soccer coaches can count.
                Way to go OC.

Comment

This is how smart OC is. They get rid of a UEFA A licensed accomplished coach and hire some as clown who lost more games at the DA level than most soccer coaches can count.
                  Way to go OC.
                  ML was quality. Plus his credentials were outstanding . I think he has already caught on with another Academy in the state .

Comment

ML was quality. Plus his credentials were outstanding . I think he has already caught on with another Academy in the state .
                    My kid is an 2001 on the DA team this year and I was a little bummed out that ML was removed. However, I don't know what some of these people are talking about as GB is now the lead coach for the 14s this year.

I'm also hearing that ML is now coaching the 14DA at JFC.

Comment

winning isn't everything when developing players

Way to go OC.
                      Don't have first hand knowledge of SC tenure at CLW DA, but developing players in U14 DA requires some sacrifice of results to allow style of play and for players to problem solve and make mistakes doing so.

That's why they don't have a league table or playoffs at U14.

SC must have some credibility/reputation with US Soccer, which evaluates USSDA clubs and performance, or else OC would not have taken him on.

Lots of potential in OC USSDA -- only going to get better in terms of number of nat team call ups, homegrown contracts, and big time ncaa scholarships.

Comment

Don't have first hand knowledge of SC tenure at CLW DA, but developing players in U14 DA requires some sacrifice of results to allow style of play and for players to problem solve and make mistakes doing so.

SC must have some credibility/reputation with US Soccer, which evaluates USSDA clubs and performance, or else OC would not have taken him on.

Lots of potential in OC USSDA -- only going to get better in terms of number of nat team call ups, homegrown contracts, and big time ncaa scholarships.
                        This years OC team seems very weak . GB is a puppet master but will get whats coming to him. ML is quality and was booted because he didnt play GB's games .

Comment

ML was there one year too long, he was very negative last year and after playing for the 16s, jn is a professional coach. Apparently having English licensing doesn't automatically make you a good coach.

Comment

SC earned the opportunity in part based on what he did with that CLW team the second half of the season. OC staff had a chance to see the improvement via head/head match-ups. SC has an easygoing personality that will fit in well with the other OC / DA staff. Whether he can coach up the OC kids....time will tell.

Comment

SC earned the opportunity in part based on what he did with that CLW team the second half of the season. OC staff had a chance to see the improvement via head/head match-ups. SC has an easygoing personality that will fit in well with the other OC / DA staff. Whether he can coach up the OC kids....time will tell.
                              He's only an assistant. He'll be fine. Good addition.

Comment

ML was there one year too long, he was very negative last year and after playing for the 16s, jn is a professional coach. Apparently having English licensing doesn't automatically make you a good coach.
                                ML was probably only there since GB had another year before he could coach DA. And wasn't his son also on the team last year ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X