Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lets start with.... I have no kids in FSPL or R3PL, Mine is on a NPL team and that is a whole different can of worms and opinions for another time.

R3PL weaker than FSPL, Opinion???

Lets look at some facts...

R3PL....

12 teams
    All ranked (Gotsoccer) at or higher than 7...
    in order of current standings from the web site (Fact)
    1...... Ranked 4 from GA
    2...... Ranked 5 from Fla
    3...... Ranked 4 from FLA
    4...... Ranked 7 from NC
    5...... Ranked 4 from NC
    6...... Ranked 4 from TN
    7...... Ranked 4 SC
    8...... Ranked ? GA
    9...... Ranked 2 TN
    10..... Ranked 1 AL
    11..... Ranked 3 AL
    12..... Ranked 2 SC

I have other things to do today so I will summarize FSPL by their Gotsoccer ranking...

28.5 Average Ranking from GotSoccer

Even if you drop out #86 ranked it is average of 23 Gotsoccer rank...

Facts tell me your Opinion has some holes and deficiencies....

What you forgot to mention is that this is the 2nd Div in RPL3, and for that reason I agree somewhat that the competition level is pretty much the same. D1 in RPL3 however has higher quality teams, minus TBU. I think they are somewhere in the middle of the 2 div, not to the level of D1, but better then the D2 teams.

D1 RPL3 STANDINGS & REG RANKS

1- UFA #4 REG 3
    2- GSA #1 REG 3
    3- CASL #55 REG 3
    4- ALP #11 REG 3
    5- RUSH #18 REG 3
    6- TBU #8 REG 3
    7- SCUMP #26 REG 3
    8- TENN- #39 REG 3

Comment

Top 10:

1. TBU
      2. FL Rush
      3. Team BOCA
      4. WFF
      5. Davie
      6. Brevard
      7. Sunrise
      8. FL Elite
      9. Coral Gables
      10. OCYS Purple 1

Comment

everyone knows that gotsoccer ranking mean squat.
        True But it is the only squat to use other then feelings and opinions? I think also that any team in Gotsoccer in top 10 or 20 is most likely a solid or good team, any team in the 30 - 40 -50 or lower is probably not as good? But any team on any day can win.

Comment

Top 10:

1. TBU
          2. FL Rush
          3. Team BOCA
          4. WFF
          5. Davie
          6. Brevard
          7. Sunrise
          8. FL Elite
          9. Coral Gables
          10. OCYS Purple 1
          How are the new rules for Birth year going to effect said above teams? Whos loosing who and what positions are going to become vacant that the coach will need to fill next tryouts

Comment

What you forgot to mention is that this is the 2nd Div in RPL3, and for that reason I agree somewhat that the competition level is pretty much the same. D1 in RPL3 however has higher quality teams, minus TBU. I think they are somewhere in the middle of the 2 div, not to the level of D1, but better then the D2 teams.

D1 RPL3 STANDINGS & REG RANKS

1- UFA #4 REG 3
            2- GSA #1 REG 3
            3- CASL #55 REG 3
            4- ALP #11 REG 3
            5- RUSH #18 REG 3
            6- TBU #8 REG 3
            7- SCUMP #26 REG 3
            8- TENN- #39 REG 3

No argument from me. My list was all State rankings and the link I used for R3PL was titled Division one. http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=15 and the one you site is http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=15

Point still was original poster said FSPL was stronger and R3PL was weaker .... so using you rankings for Region 3 and not state...... Region 3 rankings from either division R3PL and now using Region 3 rankings for FSPL the large gap is still there. Just using the available facts (Questionable Gotsoccer)

Bottom line is the top 1-10 ranked teams win a lot.... the next 11-40 in the rankings can knock each other off on any given day or weekend. so to say one league is better than another really does not matter. it comes down to W & L's in state / regional / national championships, all the rest is chest pounding.

Comment

example...

last year, my son played on a top 20 state of florida team. his team entered disney junior showcase, beat two top 5 out of state teams from Alabama and Georgia. A similar florida ranked team played lower level florida based team and beat them. that team got significant number of points from those games in that event over my sons team. point is, you could move 5 south florida teams playing in FSPL to RPL and they would beat teams from AL, GA, NC and SC routinely.

Those in the game know. the ONLY advantage to RPL is hopefully the college coaches in those states come out and scout the visiting florida teams. beyond that, the quality of play is less than 75% of the FSPL teams currently.

Comment

last year, my son played on a top 20 state of florida team. his team entered disney junior showcase, beat two top 5 out of state teams from Alabama and Georgia. A similar florida ranked team played lower level florida based team and beat them. that team got significant number of points from those games in that event over my sons team. point is, you could move 5 south florida teams playing in FSPL to RPL and they would beat teams from AL, GA, NC and SC routinely.

Those in the game know. the ONLY advantage to RPL is hopefully the college coaches in those states come out and scout the visiting florida teams. beyond that, the quality of play is less than 75% of the FSPL teams currently.
                You are seriously misinformed.

For sure, the top teams in AL and SC are mediocre, GA and NC ,however, has very strong teams. I'll agree that the top couple of teams in FSPL could compete in RPL, after that it is not close. And the bottom of FSPL is dreadful.

Remind me, how did t he teams in FSPL do in state cup. Pinecrest made the semis, lost there best player, and now have nothing. The rest did nothing. They'll have there chance again. Until then, realize that FSPL is looking up at RPL.

Comment

You are seriously misinformed.

For sure, the top teams in AL and SC are mediocre, GA and NC ,however, has very strong teams. I'll agree that the top couple of teams in FSPL could compete in RPL, after that it is not close. And the bottom of FSPL is dreadful.

Remind me, how did t he teams in FSPL do in state cup. Pinecrest made the semis, lost there best player, and now have nothing. The rest did nothing. They'll have there chance again. Until then, realize that FSPL is looking up at RPL.
                  i'd much rather be playiing FSPL than RPL at this age. better teams and less travel. sure, if we get to a place where we can go play RPL in 17-18 years of age when college coaches are paying closer attention, sure but at u15 its not necessary. good point on pinecrest, lots of teams with a go to player for all the the scoring power or because they are skilled, bigger and faster than theirs peers. college coaches no this to which is why those early players usually fade out because club coaches drive them into the ground at an early age and they lose motivation to go the distance.

Comment

Sunrise #1

Sunrise #1!

Comment

#1 Really lol

What by pocketing points while everyone else is on break in a BS tourney?

And nice win over a tough Alaska team yayyyyyyyyy

Comment

#1 Really lol

What by pocketing points while everyone else is on break in a BS tourney?

And nice win over a tough Alaska team yayyyyyyyyy
                        jealous poppi? Jajajaja

Comment

No need my friend... S. Fla. is all talk and can never bring it on the field when in counts lol

The numbers speak for themselves Chica

Comment

jealous poppi? Jajajaja
                            OCYS 3 Sunrise 0
                            Sunrise 0 ACYS 3

Comment

OCYS 3 Sunrise 0
                              Sunrise 0 ACYS 3
                              I would say either Sunrise had a LOT of guest players, or the competition sucked in whatever tournament they played in. Looks like the #1 rank is a fraud.

Comment

OCYS 3 Sunrise 0
                                Sunrise 0 ACYS 3
                                Losing to Ocys and acys = losing to mediocre teams. That being said, sunrise is a joke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X