Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We thought it was free and may be it is for DA players because the funding is coming from the rec purple teams. Just do not take my word for it, but see the talent leaving those teams, year over year. Just see how their rankings are slipping year over year. That explains a lot!
    Kids are leaving DA also to play purple or leaving club

Comment

Kids are leaving DA also to play purple or leaving club
      Da is not for everyone, it is intense, they practice 4-5 days a week almost year round, they may not make the game day roster as there are more kids than roster spots. There is nothing wrong with purple, they are all good teams. The DA will prune until they get the better players that are committed to being there. Not every player wants that kind of schedule.

Comment

Da is not for everyone, it is intense, they practice 4-5 days a week almost year round, they may not make the game day roster as there are more kids than roster spots. There is nothing wrong with purple, they are all good teams. The DA will prune until they get the better players that are committed to being there. Not every player wants that kind of schedule.
        DA sucks

Comment

How many don't make game day roster? I thought da has playing requirements.

Comment

How many don't make game day roster? I thought da has playing requirements.
            Every player must start 25% of the games, and play that game for the majority of the game (I think it is 60% of the time).
            For each game, you can roster 18 players, but only 16 of those 18 can play. Total of 5 subs can be made for 3 substitution events.
            So, if you have 20 kids on your team, every game two players will be non-rostered. All that said, it is usually a non-issue because at any given time, at least two kids on every team are injured, sick, missed practice, or some other issue.

Comment

http://americansoccernow.com/article...uture-is-bleak

US is in no better than we were 8 years ago ....before DA

Comment

I think they are trying to fix the youth system. I heard the SOutheast scout M!chia has been replaced. I don't have true confirmation.has anyone been able to confirm this?

Comment

http://americansoccernow.com/article...uture-is-bleak

US is in no better than we were 8 years ago ....before DA
                  That is true. 8 yrs so the top DA players should be 23-25 yrs old. I bigger issues is the gap from 18-24 were do they play. How do they earn a living to make the commitment to train at the top level. In the USA there is no option. They go to college.

In the USA you have to weigh the trade-off play MLS at 40k a year for a maybe 1 or 2 years or go to college get degree that will last a life time.

Comment

Every player must start 25% of the games, and play that game for the majority of the game (I think it is 60% of the time).
                    For each game, you can roster 18 players, but only 16 of those 18 can play. Total of 5 subs can be made for 3 substitution events.
                    So, if you have 20 kids on your team, every game two players will be non-rostered. All that said, it is usually a non-issue because at any given time, at least two kids on every team are injured, sick, missed practice, or some other issue.
                    I have a kid in the DA. Look at all the rosters across the country. There are always a number of players fall way below the minimums and I have no idea why you would even waste your time. We have been on teams every year where there are a few kids that never see the game day roster and they are FT players.

Comment

That is true. 8 yrs so the top DA players should be 23-25 yrs old. I bigger issues is the gap from 18-24 were do they play. How do they earn a living to make the commitment to train at the top level. In the USA there is no option. They go to college.

In the USA you have to weigh the trade-off play MLS at 40k a year for a maybe 1 or 2 years or go to college get degree that will last a life time.
                      Or play MLS for 40k a year, and get your degree while playing and in the offseason and have it paid for by MLS club. Many of the NBA players who leave after a year in college still complete their degree while playing NBA, why can't MLS players

Comment

MLS is not ever on the same page

Or play MLS for 40k a year, and get your degree while playing and in the offseason and have it paid for by MLS club. Many of the NBA players who leave after a year in college still complete their degree while playing NBA, why can't MLS players
                        Why would the MLS club pay? The NBA or any other professional spots teams are not comparable.

Min Salary Rookies
                        NBA $ 623,000
                        NHL $ 525,000
                        MLB $ 507,500
                        NFL $ 435,000

MLS $ 36,500

Soccer is not even on the same page as the other major sports in the USA

Comment

Why would the MLS club pay? The NBA or any other professional spots teams are not comparable.

Min Salary Rookies
                          NBA $ 623,000
                          NHL $ 525,000
                          MLB $ 507,500
                          NFL $ 435,000

MLS $ 36,500

Soccer is not even on the same page as the other major sports in the USA
                          Fan support and kids playing say differently, salaries will eventually catch up.

Comment

Fan support and kids playing say differently, salaries will eventually catch up.
                            You're wrong...MLS is a single entity league designed to keep salaries low...in 1996 the starting salary was $25K in 20 years the league has grow by $11k for starting salaries....and that is with a TV deal...salaries will not be catching up for a long long long time

Comment

You're wrong...MLS is a single entity league designed to keep salaries low...in 1996 the starting salary was $25K in 20 years the league has grow by $11k for starting salaries....and that is with a TV deal...salaries will not be catching up for a long long long time
                              Wow that is 2.2% salary growth per year. Does that even keep up with inflation. Basically there has been ZERO salary growth.

as long as player control is with the MLS and not the Clubs nothing will change. The only ones that will get paid are league officials.

Comment

Wow that is 2.2% salary growth per year. Does that even keep up with inflation. Basically there has been ZERO salary growth.

as long as player control is with the MLS and not the Clubs nothing will change. The only ones that will get paid are league officials.
                                And, even with this low-pay-scale, some teams are struggling to remain solvent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X