Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Academy will be great when the boys that are currently in the program force out the old school good old boy network and it becomes all about soccer.
    I'd agree that many of the old guard (Coaches, DOC's, admin) at these DA clubs should be flushed out and independently evaluated. That said, what still remains are the very best kids in the Southeast competing against each other with the few unicorns that decide the DA isn't a fit for them.

Comment

Do the Chargers even train? Judging by their results they're not training enough or the training sessions are pathetic.
      10/10/15 - Chargers 2, Capital Area Railhawks 1
      10/11/15 - Chargers 1, North Carolina Fusion 0

2015-2016 Chargers USSDA U17-18 season to date - 4 wins, 1 loss and no ties - only loss being to OC, a team with 3 wins, no losses and 3 ties.

Comment

right there is the problem with why we don't get better players by 20 something. everyone is posting scores and whos the best team, but go watch how they play and win the game. its sad you see zero development and soccer skill. DA needs to develop and paerents need to know that maybe losing does not mean someone is not developing on that team???

Comment

right there is the problem with why we don't get better players by 20 something. everyone is posting scores and whos the best team, but go watch how they play and win the game. its sad you see zero development and soccer skill. DA needs to develop and paerents need to know that maybe losing does not mean someone is not developing on that team???
          Excellent point. I would guess that the players and parents of the DA program get that it is all about development. Which is why I (at least) keep saying we are fine with our record. But there is that one guy out there who's son didn't make the team whose only responses are:
          DA Sucks, or
          Charges Suck, or
          **%##**

The DA program is working very well for our son, and we don't win every game. I guess I could go play for Sunrise or Lutz and claim superiority because we win a lot, but against who? Firm believer that the best quality soccer is played at the DA level. Not all are pretty games, but they are better than we would get elsewhere.

Comment

It is correct to note that development is not about winning, losing doesn't mean there is no development and it is the USSDA program which needs to develop.

As a huge fan of possession soccer, I believe the nationwide USSDA program curriculum encourages a game that is far too direct and, unless you are a coach who prefers that type of direct game, being required to follow that curriculum during training and games must be a hard pill to swallow.

Comment

It is correct to note that development is not about winning, losing doesn't mean there is no development and it is the USSDA program which needs to develop.

As a huge fan of possession soccer, I believe the nationwide USSDA program curriculum encourages a game that is far too direct and, unless you are a coach who prefers that type of direct game, being required to follow that curriculum during training and games must be a hard pill to swallow.
              U-19 DA product- vs Germany 8-1? No need to explain anything more than that ?

Comment

Excellent point. I would guess that the players and parents of the DA program get that it is all about development. Which is why I (at least) keep saying we are fine with our record. But there is that one guy out there who's son didn't make the team whose only responses are:
                DA Sucks, or
                Charges Suck, or
                **%##**

The DA program is working very well for our son, and we don't win every game. I guess I could go play for Sunrise or Lutz and claim superiority because we win a lot, but against who? Firm believer that the best quality soccer is played at the DA level. Not all are pretty games, but they are better than we would get elsewhere.
                This couldn't be further from the truth. DA is geographically limited, so not all the country's best players play DA. DA should needs to be results driven with a relegation system. This is how it is structured in every other country around the world. If any academy team in Germany, England, Italy and Spain does not consistently win, they don't question the players, they questions those in charge of the players. The issue is not having quality coaching at the club level and it is evident in DA. Clubs hand picking coaches instead of USSF placing them. DA is still just glorified club soccer.

Comment

This couldn't be further from the truth. DA is geographically limited, so not all the country's best players play DA. DA should needs to be results driven with a relegation system. This is how it is structured in every other country around the world. If any academy team in Germany, England, Italy and Spain does not consistently win, they don't question the players, they questions those in charge of the players. The issue is not having quality coaching at the club level and it is evident in DA. Clubs hand picking coaches instead of USSF placing them. DA is still just glorified club soccer.
                  If "not all of the country's best players play DA", then how is it that the national teams are made up of virtually all DA players? If there is some stud playing outside of the DA geography, I'm sure the scouts would find a way to get him compared to what they have available within the DA.

Comment

If "not all of the country's best players play DA", then how is it that the national teams are made up of virtually all DA players? If there is some stud playing outside of the DA geography, I'm sure the scouts would find a way to get him compared to what they have available within the DA.
                    You really believe you have such thing as "Super Scouts" and that too within DA?

Comment

10/10/15 - Chargers 2, Capital Area Railhawks 1
                      10/11/15 - Chargers 1, North Carolina Fusion 0

2015-2016 Chargers USSDA U17-18 season to date - 4 wins, 1 loss and no ties - only loss being to OC, a team with 3 wins, no losses and 3 ties.
                      WOW 4 wins....6 more and you tie all of last season....hahahaha....the bar is set so low at the Chargers....but I guess that is all you can ask for with Roberto, Mannino, and DiNoble running the show

Comment

WOW 4 wins....6 more and you tie all of last season....hahahaha....the bar is set so low at the Chargers....but I guess that is all you can ask for with Roberto, Mannino, and DiNoble running the show
                        Stupid troll is back, he can't stand that Chargers are doing well without his kid on the team

Comment

Easy question. Many players are added late and do not come through the academy system. Academy can take credit because the last club they played for was academy.

Comment

Get your facts right dumb*****, two more wins and they tie all of last year, or learn how to do simple math whichever works best. and then you'll say congrats you beat last year, and if they make the playoffs you'll say even a blind squirrel finds a nut, and your son still won't be there either way, enjoy your misery and sad obsession with hating the three guys you mentioned it's really taking you places in life

Comment

Jealous idiot.

Comment

Development and winning don't have to be mutually exclusive. Look at Kendall U18 team last year. They were a top 15 team in the league with one of the best 2-3 records for non-MLS teams and were named for best style of play in the East conference.

I think that the part of the problem is that US Soccer wants the DA teams to play possession soccer but then when those players move on to college or even MLS very few teams are actually playing that style - it's direct, fast and physical.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X