Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Legit...

Next time OPL might want to crank through their schedules faster, because it will provide less time to start picking apart what they have.

Basing my conclusions on popular sentiment that for HS winter league you cant really use past performance to justify rankings there is something that smells rotten.

If you look at %'s combining all ages, for boys OPC teams represent 55.4% of the registered teams (41/74) for girls OPC teams represent 46.1% (36/78)

If you look at premier level competition for boys OPC teams represent 60% of the premier league (41/74), for girls they represent 63.8% (23/36).

at the tender u15 age, an age where it is very difficult to predict how blended teams will play the gaps hold up, Boys 55% total age group, 63% premier. Girls 66.7% age group, 72% premier.

I'm sure for the fervent OPC'rs they will see this as validation, the troubling part however is we no nothing of these team's skills. They are being assigned based on DOC preference. This kind of blatant favoritism is frustrating, IF CLUBS DIDN'T HAVE MULTIPLE TEAMS AT MANY LEVELS, if they were expected to make and seed an A-team, B-tream etc...this would work much better.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Next time OPL might want to crank through their schedules faster, because it will provide less time to start picking apart what they have.

Basing my conclusions on popular sentiment that for HS winter league you cant really use past performance to justify rankings there is something that smells rotten.

If you look at %'s combining all ages, for boys OPC teams represent 55.4% of the registered teams (41/74) for girls OPC teams represent 46.1% (36/78)

If you look at premier level competition for boys OPC teams represent 60% of the premier league (41/74), for girls they represent 63.8% (23/36).

at the tender u15 age, an age where it is very difficult to predict how blended teams will play the gaps hold up, Boys 55% total age group, 63% premier. Girls 66.7% age group, 72% premier.

I'm sure for the fervent OPC'rs they will see this as validation, the troubling part however is we no nothing of these team's skills. They are being assigned based on DOC preference. This kind of blatant favoritism is frustrating, IF CLUBS DIDN'T HAVE MULTIPLE TEAMS AT MANY LEVELS, if they were expected to make and seed an A-team, B-tream etc...this would work much better.
    I would hope that most of the premier level teams are from the OPC clubs. They typically have the best teams as they are the biggest clubs.

Comment

See the scheduling thread. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

Comment

Or stay on here and complain but do nothing productive..........

I agree that most of the top teams will be from the big 8. That's how it's always been. You'll get a few good teams from random clubs but as a whole FC, THUSC, Eastside, Westside, and OSSA will be producing the best teams.

Comment

Or stay on here and complain but do nothing productive..........

I agree that most of the top teams will be from the big 8. That's how it's always been. You'll get a few good teams from random clubs but as a whole FC, THUSC, Eastside, Westside, and OSSA will be producing the best teams.
          Where would you put the Bend team?

Comment

Where would you put the Bend team?
            Depends on the age group. Bend produces some quality teams as well and are for the most part in premier when playing in the OPL.

Comment

I agree that you would expect to see a team from the big clubs in premier at most age levels. I am suspect when I see the number of multiple teams that are being fielded. Premier should not be diluted with any clubs second teams. If you don't have enough teams to make a group, maybe an exception, but by and large the current groups are larger than ideal.

Comment

Again, you must be a pleasure to live with. I'm sure you never have any comments complaints about any service providers you use. I would think you would struggle with any personal relationship. So seeking to avoid more exhibition of your dysfunctional character lets agree that everyone on here has a right to express their opinion, lets make what we have better, instead of drowning in "if you don't like it get out" created mediocrity.

Comment

Again, you must be a pleasure to live with. I'm sure you never have any comments complaints about any service providers you use. I would think you would struggle with any personal relationship. So seeking to avoid more exhibition of your dysfunctional character lets agree that everyone on here has a right to express their opinion, lets make what we have better, instead of drowning in "if you don't like it get out" created mediocrity.
                  I feel more powerful on here than I do at home.

Comment

I feel more powerful on here than I do at home.
                    probably so, since arguing with yourself in the mirror offers NO feedback

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X