Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needham girls HS Soccer/ How did Coach T keep his job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needham girls HS Soccer/ How did Coach T keep his job?

With all that happened last year with the hazing, how did Coach T(ool) keep his job. Either he has something on someone in the admin. or by firing him they would have had to admit something happened and faced sanctions. I guess out in Needham you just stick your head in the sand and expose you better half. Anyone know or can guess the real reason?

I'm not from Needham and my kids have all graduated high school now, but having followed the saga of the hazing incident last year it was much ado about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      With all that happened last year with the hazing, how did Coach T(ool) keep his job. Either he has something on someone in the admin. or by firing him they would have had to admit something happened and faced sanctions. I guess out in Needham you just stick your head in the sand and expose you better half. Anyone know or can guess the real reason?

Maybe because the guy did nothing wrong. A coach is responsible for SOME of his players behavior but not ALL. Please try to understand the difference. It is really not that subtle.

BTW - You don't get fired per se when you don't come back the following year. You are offered another contract or not offered a contract. Coaches are not bonafide employees.

Comment

Maybe because the guy did nothing wrong. A coach is responsible for SOME of his players behavior but not ALL. Please try to understand the difference. It is really not that subtle.

BTW - You don't get fired per se when you don't come back the following year. You are offered another contract or not offered a contract. Coaches are not bonafide employees.
        I agree coaches are responsible for SOME behavior of their players. In this case, his failure to report the hazing incident until a couple of days AFTER he learned about it was his responsibility and his alone. Crappy role model. I don't know how he was rehired.

Comment

Much ado about nothing.

This topic was beatened to death last year and obviously someone still wants to go at it again this year.

What has been said has been said. Please do not bore us all with more of the same.

Comment

I agree coaches are responsible for SOME behavior of their players. In this case, his failure to report the hazing incident until a couple of days AFTER he learned about it was his responsibility and his alone. Crappy role model. I don't know how he was rehired.
            It was his responsibility to find out what happened before reporting it. Not a contractual responsibility but one clearly laid out in MIAA regs. He complied with them. There is no issue here. He did nothing wrong. As far as hazing goes? This was really a low level incident. Maybe a 2 on a scale of 1-10.

Comment

It was his responsibility to find out what happened before reporting it. Not a contractual responsibility but one clearly laid out in MIAA regs. He complied with them. There is no issue here. He did nothing wrong. As far as hazing goes? This was really a low level incident. Maybe a 2 on a scale of 1-10.
              Garbage. He tried to cover it up and figured if he did/said nothing it would all blow over. When parents of the kids who were hazed complained, he had no choice but to come forward. He's NEVER publicly addressed the issue.

Comment

Maybe coaching ability trumped other factors??

Comment

This horse has already been beaten to a bloody pulp.
                  Are people really going to rehash this again?

Comment

Our girls team is already gathering dog collars and leashes for their in school psych the day of the needham game. Can't wait to see what the student body that goes to the game come up with. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

Our girls team is already gathering dog collars and leashes for their in school psych the day of the needham game. Can't wait to see what the student body that goes to the game come up with. Should be fun to watch.
                      This reminds me of the pancake breakfast incident. Took years for that school to live that one down.

Comment

Garbage. He tried to cover it up and figured if he did/said nothing it would all blow over. When parents of the kids who were hazed complained, he had no choice but to come forward. He's NEVER publicly addressed the issue.
                        A good manager gets BOTH sides to a story before they address it. Otherwise it is rumour and hearsay. Given the involvement of parents that is necessary.

Comment

A good manager gets BOTH sides to a story before they address it. Otherwise it is rumour and hearsay. Given the involvement of parents that is necessary.
                          Too bad he was more concerned with protecting his daughter and then his own reputation than doing the right thing about reporting the incident when he should have.

Comment

Didn't he have a family member involved?

Comment

This horse has already been beaten to a bloody pulp.
                              Are people really going to rehash this again?
                              Um da yes I think so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X