•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From the East Lake website

http://eastlakesoccer.countmein.com/...rgerUpdate.pdf

Merger Update – East Lake Soccer Association / Palm Harbor Nighthawks Soccer Club
    09 April 2010

Working groups continue to meet and overall the merger remains on track. As the process continues the guiding principles are to:

• adopt “best practices” to build a strong foundation for our future
    • reduce costs where possible
    • maintain the reasonable fees our members are accustomed to
    • minimize disruption to existing teams, players and coaches

This sounds more like an alliance than a merger. No change in the BOD members or the number. I understand going slow but this has little effect except to take the admin burden away from DV and let BK handle the administrative side and DV the coaching side and maybe to reduce some costs (uniforms??, in-house rec??? but not sure where else).

I could have saved you folks a ton of work. It’s called working together for the kids and not the club dues. Here is how it works.

East Lake - we have 8 kids for U14 and no team
    Palm Harbor - send them here and we will send our U17s there.

Some how 10 minutes of cell phone time have to be cheaper than the efforts you have expanded for what "minimal change".

I guess provincial thinking would not allow them to work together without a 500 member BOD and a formal agreement for who handles the paperwork.
    When HCU was formed was there "minimal disruption?"

I would think you'd want a big impact, which would mean big changes.

Comment

Online BS Translator

Takeover Update

Our bloated and enormous boards continue to meet at Panera and charge our snacks to the club. As the drama continues we are trying to find some principles to:

1. Adopt a major league teams training materials to ensure BK's financial future
      2. Pretend to care about your costs
      3. Continue to screw our members as they have become accustomed
      4. Minimize disruption to exiting teams, coaches and anyone who gives a crap about soccer

Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, Pluto is a dog, but *** is an administrative DOC!?!?!?
      Answer: A liitle desk nerd who can't play but still likes to wear shorts to work.

VOTE NO APRIL 22ND AT PALM HARBOR.

Comment

Takeover Update

Our bloated and enormous boards continue to meet at Panera and charge our snacks to the club. As the drama continues we are trying to find some principles to:

1. Adopt a major league teams training materials to ensure BK's financial future
        2. Pretend to care about your costs
        3. Continue to screw our members as they have become accustomed
        4. Minimize disruption to exiting teams, coaches and anyone who gives a crap about soccer

Mickey is a mouse, Donald is a duck, Pluto is a dog, but *** is an administrative DOC!?!?!?
        Answer: A liitle desk nerd who can't play but still likes to wear shorts to work.

VOTE NO APRIL 22ND AT PALM HARBOR.
        Actually, an administrative DOC is the person who thinks he is smarter than the DOC but can't actually play soccer. Or teach it. Or earn a real living but already moved here. Or conduct business with any competency. But hey, as the ***hole above stated, he has a family so let's pay him for doing nothing.

Comment

This BOD needs a CE"NO" for leadership!

Vote no on the merger april 22nd! Save your team! Save our club!

Comment

Actually, an administrative DOC is the person who thinks he is smarter than the DOC but can't actually play soccer. Or teach it. Or earn a real living but already moved here. Or conduct business with any competency. But hey, as the ***hole above stated, he has a family so let's pay him for doing nothing.
            Maybe we should give him for adoption?

Comment

Good Lord

We knew the Good Lord created Lunatics; now we know where to find them. Keep posting, don't stop now you've only got one week. After this week I think you'll need to find another club to bash, good luck.

Comment

We knew the Good Lord created Lunatics; now we know where to find them. Keep posting, don't stop now you've only got one week. After this week I think you'll need to find another club to bash, good luck.
                Oh good and sweet little Christian soul who is better than all of us, why do you indulge in reading this thread if it hurts so much? Please, whip out your checkbook and write us a check for 43K to restore our faith.

If not, go find some sheep somewhere else to pity. The meek shall inherit the Earth, but Nighthawks aren't meek and we aren't giving up our club to a shady, greedy, dishonest twerp who gleans his living by making false promises and destroying the fruit of our labor to make a fast buck.

You want to see some biblical-level wrath? Try to screw with this merger vote. BK is a plague upon soccer and we will survive him. The question remains, will his career survive us because he is about to stay too late at the party and get exposed.

Comment

My thoughts on the merger go like this...I think the merger of these two clubs is a great idea. There are far too many clubs in the area in my opinion, and this is a move in the right direction. The biggest complaint I am hearing, actually the only complaint is about the DOC from PH. My suggestion would be this...vote on the merger with this guy involved, or without this guy. How hard can that be? If he is what everyone says he is, then vote him out. Demand that they put an ammendment on the ballot to include the guy, our move forward without the guy. There is much more at stake for these two clubs down the road than to have the vote turned down for one person, whether it be this guy, or anyone else.

Comment

Oh good and sweet little Christian soul who is better than all of us, why do you indulge in reading this thread if it hurts so much? Please, whip out your checkbook and write us a check for 43K to restore our faith.

If not, go find some sheep somewhere else to pity. The meek shall inherit the Earth, but Nighthawks aren't meek and we aren't giving up our club to a shady, greedy, dishonest twerp who gleans his living by making false promises and destroying the fruit of our labor to make a fast buck.

You want to see some biblical-level wrath? Try to screw with this merger vote. BK is a plague upon soccer and we will survive him. The question remains, will his career survive us because he is about to stay too late at the party and get exposed.
                    Worded like someone who has wasted over 1/2 their life online. Sad.

Comment

I hope that once this merger passes that all of the losers keep their promise and go to another club. The sad thing is that nobody wants their kid. If these clubs don't merge than there is a good chance that their fat little kid still would not have a team. Because if they don't merge they won't have enough players to field enough division 3 teams.

Remember you promise to leave if there is a merger.

Comment

I hope that once this merger passes that all of the losers keep their promise and go to another club. The sad thing is that nobody wants their kid. If these clubs don't merge than there is a good chance that their fat little kid still would not have a team. Because if they don't merge they won't have enough players to field enough division 3 teams.

Remember you promise to leave if there is a merger.
                        The merger is a good idea to have more Div 3 teams.
                        Good job PH, instead of fixing our club by having a good development program with quality players, and coaches working together, with a logical curriculum, you prefer merging with a club that is worst than us with no quality players and with no curriculum in place.
                        Fix our Club first and then think about merging.

Comment

The merger is a good idea to have more Div 3 teams.
                          Good job PH, instead of fixing our club by having a good development program with quality players, and coaches working together, with a logical curriculum, you prefer merging with a club that is worst than us with no quality players and with no curriculum in place.
                          Fix our Club first and then think about merging.
                          Signed HCU and Clearwater....who want your players and your $$$'s. You think you are paying alot now, leave and go to one of those clubs.

Comment

My thoughts on the merger go like this...I think the merger of these two clubs is a great idea. There are far too many clubs in the area in my opinion, and this is a move in the right direction. The biggest complaint I am hearing, actually the only complaint is about the DOC from PH. My suggestion would be this...vote on the merger with this guy involved, or without this guy. How hard can that be? If he is what everyone says he is, then vote him out. Demand that they put an ammendment on the ballot to include the guy, our move forward without the guy. There is much more at stake for these two clubs down the road than to have the vote turned down for one person, whether it be this guy, or anyone else.
                            At least getting rid of the little turd would show the 2 boards are capable of some positive change. It would go a good way toward changing my vote from a "no" to a "yes". The problem is going to be how fast can they do it. The merger vote is only 7 days away. They have set an impossible timeline.

Comment

Heard he had a 2 year contract..He is not going anywhere soon.

Comment

Signed HCU and Clearwater....who want your players and your $$$'s. You think you are paying alot now, leave and go to one of those clubs.
                                HCU and Clearwater have the same problems as PH, they're just bigger clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X