Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Started losing their passion for the game a couple of years ago. Nothing new.
    Just think what the score would have been if they had played with passion!!!!

Comment

Troll
      I think you misspelled that word. It should have been spelled T R U T H.

Comment

To what extent does the showcase format of these tournaments affect the outcome? It's my understanding that the coaches try to play the entire roster fairly evenly in order to showcase all the players. Would you expect pretty much the same results if the starters played most of the game such as might be seen in a state cup final? Or would one expect the results to be different. Is the way a coach subs in these showcases crucial to the outcome? Is the low scoring due to frequent subs making it more difficult for the offense to get organinzed and cohesive?
        Can anyone with showcase experience comment?

Comment

Can anyone with showcase experience comment?
          Depends on the coach and the goals laid out up front.

If the goal is to win at all cost, then a "college showcase" isn't the forum.

If the goal is to expose your team to potential coaches, then every effort should be made to play all players as equally as possible. Winning should be an after thought.

Comment

Just think what the score would have been if they had played with passion!!!!
            What game are you talking about?

Comment

What game are you talking about?
              Scorps v Rovers! Observers say Scorps won 1-0 playing "without passion".

Comment

If the goal is to expose your team to potential coaches, then every effort should be made to play all players as equally as possible. Winning should be an after thought.
                Rovers winning must have been an "after thought".

Comment

Newss

I was at many games this past weekend at NEWSS and talked with the 'field marshall' at one of the sites (he is affiliated with a few 'senior' teams of Albertsson). He offered many of these comments below:

1. this was a warm-up tournament for the 'elite' teams headed to Texas this coming weekend for the Final Four Tournament at College Station. I saw a lot of UGLY soccer. It was obvious that the girls were coming off their HS season and had many of the bad habits that develop during that season.

2. each team appeared to play EVERYONE (equal play time for all - pretty much)

3. there weren't a lot of college coaches. Some assistants were there & the head coaches were at the Surf Cup in San Diego. Some regional head coaches and several from small Div 1 and Div 2/3 colleges.

4. The brackets were pretty close...almost every team had a loss. Third and 4th tie-breakers were used to determine finalists in one bracket.

5. Many of the girls appeard 'unmotivated' and tired. Especially on the final games on Sunday.

6. You Massachusetts people need to 'let it go'! This was simply a chance for many teams to get ready for Texas.

Comment

Rovers are somewhat unusual in that they have a large number of seniors (something like 6 or 8) on the team. Word on the street is that they will be playing D3 next year and some may not be playing at all (presumably by choice). At least one or two are uncommitted and are still hoping to be recruited. Quite the contrast to Scorps or United.
                    Quite the contrast to Scorpions and United?

Scorpions have 16 players yet to commit including at least 2 2010. Excluding the 2013 and 2012 on the United roster, there are 14 players yet to commit, all 2011, but then they only had 2 2010s to begin with. I wouldn't be too concerned about the Rovers 2010s as they are awaiting ed/ea on some very good schools.

Comment

Quite the contrast to Scorpions and United?

Scorpions have 16 players yet to commit including at least 2 2010. Excluding the 2013 and 2012 on the United roster, there are 14 players yet to commit, all 2011, but then they only had 2 2010s to begin with. I wouldn't be too concerned about the Rovers 2010s as they are awaiting ed/ea on some very good schools.
                      Not concerned about the 2010 Rovers. From what I've heard, they are an amazing group academically. However, look for the majority to end up at D3 schools and for several of them to not play in college (probably by choice?). Quiet a contrast to the two 2010 United players who will be going to Penn State and BC. You could argue about the relative academic merits of the schools but this is a soccer forum.

Comment

Not concerned about the 2010 Rovers. From what I've heard, they are an amazing group academically. However, look for the majority to end up at D3 schools and for several of them to not play in college (probably by choice?). Quiet a contrast to the two 2010 United players who will be going to Penn State and BC. You could argue about the relative academic merits of the schools but this is a soccer forum.

What academic merits concern you about BC? Idiotic statement!

Comment

Not every college is right for every player/student. Hoepfully that is what is being referred to.

Comment

What academic merits concern you about BC? Idiotic statement!
                            BC is ok academically but it aint no Ivy.

Comment

BC is ok academically but it aint no Ivy.
                              I know a lot of 'dumb' Ivy graduates. I know a lot of 'smart' Ivy grads. I also know a lot of 'dumb' BC grads and many 'smart' ones, too. Many at BC wouldn't go to an Ivy because the Ivy schools aren't a good fit for them.

This was another idiotic statement and I'm confident its author didn't attend an Ivy.

Comment

Funny how the most talented players didn't produce this weekend.

The most talented players did not need to be showcased this weekend. They have already made their commitments. Get it!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X