X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292858]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

In my world, lowering fees and reducing stupid travel across the board wold allow more talent to get developed. Giving handouts out causes problems IMHO. Lots if not the majority of families fall in the middle anyway - they are not very low income but may have multiple players. The budget for soccer is fine but but it is not enough for the top level country club.

I respect where you are coming from however, there are Florida teams that routinely beat every other Florida team in their league or age bracket. When they do travel out of state, they get beat soundly. Traveling to other states and regions is the the litmus test for high level development. Otherwise you are big fish in a little pond. You think you are great but you are really just good and maybe mediocre.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292863]

I respect where you are coming from however, there are Florida teams that routinely beat every other Florida team in their league or age bracket. When they do travel out of state, they get beat soundly. Traveling to other states and regions is the the litmus test for high level development. Otherwise you are big fish in a little pond. You think you are great but you are really just good and maybe mediocre.
      It is kid soccer not the world cup. A knowledgeable soccer person could tell you are good but not great without having the team spend thousands on travelling all over creation. But the need to go out and there prove that person right has created a billion dollar industry.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292883]

It is kid soccer not the world cup. A knowledgeable soccer person could tell you are good but not great without having the team spend thousands on travelling all over creation. But the need to go out and there prove that person right has created a billion dollar industry.
        Then what happens when the kid steps on a bigger stage in their later teens and get crushed. Your point brings up some interesting discussion but unlike some of the other countries, there is not a club systems were kids come once or twice a year to earn a residency spot and leave home to chase their dream of soccer. Different mindset.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292895]

Then what happens when the kid steps on a bigger stage in their later teens and get crushed. Your point brings up some interesting discussion but unlike some of the other countries, there is not a club systems were kids come once or twice a year to earn a residency spot and leave home to chase their dream of soccer. Different mindset.
          World is full of teens that got crushed at residency programs and are discarded. But I assure you that these programs, which finance the development of their chosen players, are not investing their resources in travel as they teach them to play.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292899]

World is full of teens that got crushed at residency programs and are discarded. But I assure you that these programs, which finance the development of their chosen players, are not investing their resources in travel as they teach them to play.
            Look, countering to every comment on top a generalization of your contempt for the current system is not helpful nor does it further the discussion.

Please tell us in detail what you would do then?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292935]

Look, countering to every comment on top a generalization of your contempt for the current system is not helpful nor does it further the discussion.

Please tell us in detail what you would do then?
              Cut out so much of the needless and expensive travel. US soccer gda should have dispensed with much of the travel as they were the only organization that could have put a stop to it.
              Separates the talent into expensive leagues for the well off talent versus more affordable leagues for lower income talent and deprives the strong players from playing together.
              Discuss that specific solution.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292942]

Cut out so much of the needless and expensive travel. US soccer gda should have dispensed with much of the travel as they were the only organization that could have put a stop to it.
                Separates the talent into expensive leagues for the well off talent versus more affordable leagues for lower income talent and deprives the strong players from playing together.
                Discuss that specific solution.
                I think your narrative is over dramatized since at least for me, GDA has proven less costly than ECNL, NPL or RPL previously and no, I do not belong to an MLS club that pays my way. While MLS clubs families certainly have an advantage, Florida to me is more about semi corrupt clubs than the leagues they associate with.

Pointing a finger at GDA for being to costly and depriving access to strong players rings hollow. US youth soccer as a whole has those issue but if your kid is a strong player, then they eventually get noticed.

It is expensive to play any sport at a high level in the US. It is not a GDA phenomena and I don't have an answer for it so I make due with the hand I'm dealt.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292964]

I think your narrative is over dramatized since at least for me, GDA has proven less costly than ECNL, NPL or RPL previously and no, I do not belong to an MLS club that pays my way. While MLS clubs families certainly have an advantage, Florida to me is more about semi corrupt clubs than the leagues they associate with.

Pointing a finger at GDA for being to costly and depriving access to strong players rings hollow. US youth soccer as a whole has those issue but if your kid is a strong player, then they eventually get noticed.

It is expensive to play any sport at a high level in the US. It is not a GDA phenomena and I don't have an answer for it so I make due with the hand I'm dealt.
                  I did not say it was a GDA phenomena. I said I though they were in a unique position to combat it but they did not choose to do so.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292978]

I did not say it was a GDA phenomena. I said I though they were in a unique position to combat it but they did not choose to do so.
                    Yes you did. My bad on that part.

Comment

The SE is very weak, particularly the bottom half of teams-WFF, BU, UFA, USA, IMG.
                      The Pride are not even in GDA anymore.
                      By far & away the weakest conference in the country.
                      No wonder TH does not want to make the trip down to FL anymore.
                      That may be true about TH, but even more do not want to travel to the SE of the ECNL and that is why they send their second team there.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2292964]

If you think GDA is less expensive, you CV clearly are not headed to playoffs. 8 days in CA for 3 games, max of 4. Games are scheduled every other day. Ridiculous waste of time and money.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2293261]
                          If you think GDA is less expensive, you CV clearly are not headed to playoffs. 8 days in CA for 3 games, max of 4. Games are scheduled every other day. Ridiculous waste of time and money.

Ok Rec daddy. You win the woe is me award. Just keep telling your kid the cards are stacked against her so when she ends up like you, she won't lose sleep over it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2293261]
                            It is crazy. Way too expensive. And this for a league was talking about trying to be more affordable. Bad joke.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2293312]

It is crazy. Way too expensive. And this for a league was talking about trying to be more affordable. Bad joke.
                              I could consider the gda if it was not for those events. Too much missed school and too costly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2293312]

I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain this to you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X