Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kill me if they need earpiece instructions from the coach.
    We need to stop idolizing college basketball coaches and their overwrought style.
    Soccer is a simple game...
    Well apparently they do according to parents. God forbid a coach raises their voice to reach across the field. Soccer is a simple game, a beautiful game. It is the helicopter parents of little snowflakes that ruin it.

Comment

Well apparently they do according to parents. God forbid a coach raises their voice to reach across the field. Soccer is a simple game, a beautiful game. It is the helicopter parents of little snowflakes that ruin it.
      When a coach screams at a player on the field and then says "why do you even bother playing" when they come off the field, it's not a helicoptor parent nor snowflake issue... it's a coaching issue.

Comment

When a coach screams at a player on the field and then says "why do you even bother playing" when they come off the field, it's not a helicoptor parent nor snowflake issue... it's a coaching issue.
        OK, that is totally different.

Comment

I think the ageand level need to be taken into account. Older kid on a high level team not giving a solid effort or not acting like it matters to them, that phrase is not over the line. Younger kids, rec league, or a kid just getting beat by a better player, that is way too harsh.

Comment

Sounds like this thread has veered off into S&M instead of SM
            Simple game needs no coach yelling instructions or whispering through an earpiece.
            Do your instruction at training.
            Players play. Let them do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Sounds like this thread has veered off into S&M instead of SM
              Simple game needs no coach yelling instructions or whispering through an earpiece.
              Do your instruction at training.
              Players play. Let them do so.
              This is a ridiculous post. I doubt the poster even believes that the instruction only happens in training. You get posts like these when people have an agenda. I

Comment

This is a ridiculous post. I doubt the poster even believes that the instruction only happens in training. You get posts like these when people have an agenda. I
                What don’t you understand?
                Poster is saying no yelling instructions across the pitch-let the kids play. Training is done at training. We mistake good coaching as constant instruction every second. An encouragement or a positional point out is fine occasionally.
                Some idiot was wishing for earpieces-they probably will lead to more concussions...

Comment

My gut feeling is that SM has hijacked this thread to make it about yelling and not about why he's anathema to many former players/parents.

If the OP is a real person with a real question, I'll briefly explain why SM has no business working with or being near children. If SM decides he doesn't like you, the parent or your daughter, he'll immediately do 2 things. He'll be super nice to you and appear to be all smiles, and then he will emotionally abuse your child in a very manipulative, but creative way. The common thing among us, and by "us" I mean the Kings or SUK exiles, is that we left because we think SM is an awful role model for children.

Comment

My gut feeling is that SM has hijacked this thread to make it about yelling and not about why he's anathema to many former players/parents.

If the OP is a real person with a real question, I'll briefly explain why SM has no business working with or being near children. If SM decides he doesn't like you, the parent or your daughter, he'll immediately do 2 things. He'll be super nice to you and appear to be all smiles, and then he will emotionally abuse your child in a very manipulative, but creative way. The common thing among us, and by "us" I mean the Kings or SUK exiles, is that we left because we think SM is an awful role model for children.
                    Thank you for the first-hand experience. I got the impression that the Kings and SUKs were loyal and would follow him anywhere.

Your take is a bit interesting to hear.

Thanks again.

Comment

When was the last time any of these coaches who yell constantly, joystick players, berate players whenever they make a mistate, etc. were up in Lancaster or elsewhere for a coaching course?

They don't go. Want to know why? At the higher levels(C+), training and games are attended by instructors and videos are submitted. That coaching behavior wouldn't be tolerated and they would be told to change or fail the course. It's also obvious none of these abusive coaches have any background in sports psychology. Playing out of fear of making a mistake and being yelled at is not how you achieve optimum potential

Comment

Bravo!! You nailed it on both parts.

SM is definitely on here.

SM abuses his authority among younger kids with the way he treats them. Probably one of reasons he failed drastically with U19 GDA team in fall, as they are old enough to see he is clueless and fall for his ****.

Comment

SM abuses his authority among younger kids with the way he treats them. Probably one of reasons he failed drastically with U19 GDA team in fall, as they are old enough to see he is clueless and fall for his ****.
                          He got the job because he brought players to Stars. No other reason.

Comment

Who is SM and where did he come from?

Comment

SM had a touch time at stars GDA mainly because he had to live with a non-soccer doc who playing politics instead of coaching.

Comment

SM had a touch time at stars GDA mainly because he had to live with a non-soccer doc who playing politics instead of coaching.
                                "Had" or "is having"? I have heard he is earmarked for GDA next year...is that no longer the case?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X