Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the dilution is referring to the leagues. Some great players in DA. Some great players in ECNL. Some crappy teams in DA. Some crappy teams in ECNL. With the addition of more teams, I’m not sure DA has done us favors unless they relegate the bottom dwellers, but that will take time.
    LISC and Empire still in and they're adding Albertson and Seacoast? Now the region will be even more distorted. How is playing those four clubs good for the few good ones? Because top clubs have left and there are so few decent clubs left there is no way USSF relegates any club any time soon. USSF is choosing quantity over quality

Comment

This is silly. The strongest players in our club played high school and then DA. I’m not saying high school is so great, but it’s not as though they fell behind.
      Op here and I agree. I was merely disagreeing with the post claiming players never had year round training before. There might not be club driven training but some players didn't play high school and trained elsewhere in the fall. Most always played high school.

Comment

LISC and Empire still in and they're adding Albertson and Seacoast? Now the region will be even more distorted. How is playing those four clubs good for the few good ones? Because top clubs have left and there are so few decent clubs left there is no way USSF relegates any club any time soon. USSF is choosing quantity over quality
        4 awful clubs

Comment

4 awful clubs
          And there were only 2 lousy ones before!

Comment

Yes, basically the stars ecnl B team is the old NPL team.
            What I think people are not getting is that it varies from age to age at Stars. At U14,16,17 the DA programs were on par with the NPL and ECNL kept the top talent. At U15 the DA team was a lot better than their ECNL team. ECNL B teams are now the second team at Stars and NPL is the third. I also agree with the poster that stated DA will have four very weak teams and that ECNL region will probably only have 1-2 weak teams.

Comment

What I think people are not getting is that it varies from age to age at Stars. At U14,16,17 the DA programs were on par with the NPL and ECNL kept the top talent. At U15 the DA team was a lot better than their ECNL team. ECNL B teams are now the second team at Stars and NPL is the third. I also agree with the poster that stated DA will have four very weak teams and that ECNL region will probably only have 1-2 weak teams.
              I also agree that you know nothing. Wait until it plays out next year. I will not ruin the surprise.

Comment

I also agree that you know nothing. Wait until it plays out next year. I will not ruin the surprise.
                Have fun paying all that money to go play Albertson or LISC or Empire. At least with Seacoast you can sleep in your own bed prior to a blowout game.

Comment

Have fun paying all that money to go play Albertson or LISC or Empire. At least with Seacoast you can sleep in your own bed prior to a blowout game.
                  Have fun playing second tier. And HS kickball😜

Comment

Have fun playing second tier. And HS kickball😜
                    In the NE ECNL isn't 2nd tier. Kids are much happier too not having to give up HS for 8-1 games against Albertson. If you ware out in CA and are a top player, do GDA. If you want GDA here and aren't in the top three clubs, don't bother. There are ECNL clubs just as good if not better than the multiple GDA dogs, and you can enjoy HS if you want, or simply run cross country in the fall. You'll still end up at a great college too.

Comment

In the NE ECNL isn't 2nd tier. Kids are much happier too not having to give up HS for 8-1 games against Albertson. If you ware out in CA and are a top player, do GDA. If you want GDA here and aren't in the top three clubs, don't bother. There are ECNL clubs just as good if not better than the multiple GDA dogs, and you can enjoy HS if you want, or simply run cross country in the fall. You'll still end up at a great college too.
                      Really? ECNL NE has two teams: stars and PDA. Well used to. Now only PDA.

Comment

As I said have fun🤡

Comment

You make it sound so easy to just go into ECNL. First, you have to want to travel to where they are often - so that takes out 1/3 of the state and most areas north for most people. Second, it's not like the old boys club is letting anyone in. ECNL is self-serving for their members, it's like the mafia. They will try to grab all the players and not let anyone else in. When Stars realized they had a GA team that was competing against their own financial interests, they shut it down.

Make no mistake...if ECNL was open for all and if there wasn't a financial stake in it...there would be more GDA participation from Stars and others.

Comment

You make it sound so easy to just go into ECNL. First, you have to want to travel to where they are often - so that takes out 1/3 of the state and most areas north for most people. Second, it's not like the old boys club is letting anyone in. ECNL is self-serving for their members, it's like the mafia. They will try to grab all the players and not let anyone else in. When Stars realized they had a GA team that was competing against their own financial interests, they shut it down.

Make no mistake...if ECNL was open for all and if there wasn't a financial stake in it...there would be more GDA participation from Stars and others.
                            lol if you don't think GDA clubs and USSF aren't doing the same things you're fooling yourself. Pick your poison.

Comment

lol if you don't think GDA clubs and USSF aren't doing the same things you're fooling yourself. Pick your poison.
                              Well...ECNL was first for girls and only after they shut out did they pursue GDA.

And, there is a slight difference. USSoccer doesn't claim ownership in the clubs, only running of the league. The same can't be said for ECNL.

Comment

Well...ECNL was first for girls and only after they shut out did they pursue GDA.

And, there is a slight difference. USSoccer doesn't claim ownership in the clubs, only running of the league. The same can't be said for ECNL.
                                USSF made a big mistake not doing a girls league when or shortly after they started BDA. That left the door wide open for ECNL to establish itself, even essentially copying the BDA structure. USSF didn't even entertain the thought of GDA gain until the WNT started lawsuits over unequal treatment relative to the men's team. The publicity over that was terrible

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X