Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have to respect NS who fought for his team to stay together. Changing alliances but team is intact.
    And what does this accomplish for his team?

Comment

And what does this accomplish for his team?
      It helps to lock his players out of Ecnl. Great move!

Comment

It helps to lock his players out of Ecnl. Great move!
        BBA DA, OW DA, and Stars U15 DA are all in the top brackets of the showcase in San Diego.
        The thread about Stars is supposed to talk about DA not NPL so I'm confused why there is so much focus on the ECNL B team and NPL teams. Aren't most of the U15 DA players going to be on the ECNL A team?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;229307 . Aren't most of the U15 DA players going to be on the ECNL A team?[/QUOTE]

According to the other thread, only the Top 3

Comment

You don’t know the guy if you think he doesn’t care about developing kids or cares only about money.
            His kids, or all kids? When keep the entries to ECNL so close to the vest then? Why monopolize the entire market like the mafia?

Comment

His kids, or all kids? When keep the entries to ECNL so close to the vest then? Why monopolize the entire market like the mafia?
              Fair enough. His Kids. Stars Kids.

Not sure I any coaches would pass through the "all kids" filter

Comment

Fair enough. His Kids. Stars Kids.

Not sure I any coaches would pass through the "all kids" filter
                What I'm saying is it possible it's actually holding the game back? If you hoard players, put in multiple teams in the same division (calling them A and B, and allocating talent accordingly), but don't let anyone else in...how can that be good for the game?

Comment

What I'm saying is it possible it's actually holding the game back? If you hoard players, put in multiple teams in the same division (calling them A and B, and allocating talent accordingly), but don't let anyone else in...how can that be good for the game?
                  ECNL A or "East" team is their top talent. ECNL B or "West" team is what was the NPL.
                  They did not spread the good players. There is clearly a superior team but it has DA and ECNL players on it and a couple new players from other clubs.

Comment

ECNL A or "East" team is their top talent. ECNL B or "West" team is what was the NPL.
                    They did not spread the good players. There is clearly a superior team but it has DA and ECNL players on it and a couple new players from other clubs.
                    How many current DA players were cut and won’t be on the Ecnl east team next year?

Comment

what's good for the game....Are you serious?
                      What gave you the impression that any actor in this play is operating for anything but their own self interest?

Comment

What is so hard to understand? He messed up with DA and scrambled this year to salvage the wreck he created. ECNL East is will always be number one and ECNL West is quite simply the NPL team without the name. Next year watch out. There is only one apex and it doesn't include two ECNL teams.

Comment

You don’t know the guy if you think he doesn’t care about developing kids or cares only about money.
                          A good business model doesn't mean great overall development.

Comment

what's good for the game....Are you serious?
                            What gave you the impression that any actor in this play is operating for anything but their own self interest?
                            USSF is supposed to be looking at the "Good of the Game", but I agree self interest applies to parents, players, coaches, clubs, and even leagues. I feel USSF set out with good intentions, and wanted to "rescue" the US from the ECNL. Problem is they didn't have money, nor did the NWSL clubs, and they bet on NT pathway as differentiator. Parents remain the Payers, and parent self-interest is better served by ECNL which emphasizes college pathway.

Comment

What is so hard to understand? He messed up with DA and scrambled this year to salvage the wreck he created. ECNL East is will always be number one and ECNL West is quite simply the NPL team without the name. Next year watch out. There is only one apex and it doesn't include two ECNL teams.
                              He realized he "messed up" because he put teams in a competing league that went against his financial interests. The more they would push DA, the more financial impact it would have on his financial ECNL stake.

That's really what the decision to come out of DA comes down to. His wallet. It's also why the ECNL Mafia won't let anyone else in.

Comment

What a joke of a post. Wake up.

USSF is supposed to be looking at the "Good of the Game", but I agree self interest applies to parents, players, coaches, clubs, and even leagues. I feel USSF set out with good intentions, and wanted to "rescue" the US from the ECNL. Problem is they didn't have money, nor did the NWSL clubs, and they bet on NT pathway as differentiator. Parents remain the Payers, and parent self-interest is better served by ECNL which emphasizes college pathway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X