NSL clubs getting swallowed up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And those coming over will soon learn. The integrity of this league is exactly as advertised. Play the game, or look elsewhere. Steer clear of ‘ we only care about the development of our players’ message, sung loud and clear from SC....

Comment

NSL just announced partenship with Seacoast United?
      The way it reads is teams from NSL can play in NEP I think?
      So if these smaller clubs just waited it out they wouldn't have needed to merge with nep clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So if these smaller clubs just waited it out they wouldn't have needed to merge with nep clubs.
        There has to be a catch to this. I mean is it that the clubs can form NEP teams just like a town can create a travel team? I am sure all the higher level teams within each club will apply to join the NEP under he Seacoast Banner and will have to pay a higher fee. Just logistically it seems like a nightmare. Seacoast will now become the largest club in the northeast.

Comment

There has to be a catch to this. I mean is it that the clubs can form NEP teams just like a town can create a travel team? I am sure all the higher level teams within each club will apply to join the NEP under he Seacoast Banner and will have to pay a higher fee. Just logistically it seems like a nightmare. Seacoast will now become the largest club in the northeast.
          Brilliant move mate - no clue what it means long term but all the clubs that sold out to appease 1 or 2 teams must be kicking themselves.

Comment

Oh my, Seacoast cannot move any NSL team to NEP unless they change everything and are wearing a Seacoast Nike uniform. Let’s see what the NEP board thinks of this???

Comment

NEP board? That’s hilarious! The NEP is run by SC, who is a GPS Muppet/Puppet.

Comment

Oh my, Seacoast cannot move any NSL team to NEP unless they change everything and are wearing a Seacoast Nike uniform. Let’s see what the NEP board thinks of this???
                Seacoast may find that their new home is NSL. Do you think the other voting NEP members are going to go along with this?

Comment

NEP hasn’t had a vote in 2-3 years. Why bother when 2-3 clubs can dictate the direction of the league?

Comment

Seacoast may find that their new home is NSL. Do you think the other voting NEP members are going to go along with this?
                    What a waste of time this is. Seacoast have no power so how would they get nsl clubs in the nep. The nep might just control the league and the nsl be a 2nd tier league and then the big clubs just pick off the small clubs.

This type of deal for nsl spells trouble. The problem is this means nothing, other than nsl are using Seacoast for support. No new groups will get in the nep they just now might have no other option. Or everyone wears a Seacoast uniform 😂😂😂

Comment

I can see the “benefit” (real or perceived) from the smaller clubs connection with Seacoast. What is in it for Seacoast? Is it name recognition? Ability to possibly take top players for their top teams? Financial benefit somehow? Just curious. Seacoast has enough difficulty managing what they have now... how does adding these smaller club help them?

Comment

I can see the “benefit” (real or perceived) from the smaller clubs connection with Seacoast. What is in it for Seacoast? Is it name recognition? Ability to possibly take top players for their top teams? Financial benefit somehow? Just curious. Seacoast has enough difficulty managing what they have now... how does adding these smaller club help them?
                        I guess it would be that Seacoast gets the name recognition if one of these “teams” is successful within the NEP ranks. There are some high quality teams within the NSL so I guess they absorb those teams. I assume there is some financial gain to the whole thing for them as well I just don’t see how it really works. There are numerous examples of NSL clubs “buying in to” the NEP with individual teams just not sure how this works on such a large scale.

Comment

I guess it would be that Seacoast gets the name recognition if one of these “teams” is successful within the NEP ranks. There are some high quality teams within the NSL so I guess they absorb those teams. I assume there is some financial gain to the whole thing for them as well I just don’t see how it really works. There are numerous examples of NSL clubs “buying in to” the NEP with individual teams just not sure how this works on such a large scale.
                          Meeting on the 18th. Things will be explained there.

Comment

Why would the NSL want to provide any pathway away from itself?
                            The whole game of monopoly is what is wrong with club soccer.
                            It doesn’t happen in most other countries like the way we run things.
                            It’s all about $$

Comment

Synergy future?

Anyone hear what may be Synergy's future? We know they were partnered with GPS starting last year. Small but had a few very good teams. Another club swallowed up by GPS? Can anyone connected to situation confirm anything?

Comment

Anyone hear what may be Synergy's future? We know they were partnered with GPS starting last year. Small but had a few very good teams. Another club swallowed up by GPS? Can anyone connected to situation confirm anything?
                                All the players will scatter once the gps fees kick in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X