Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Going to go back to Town Travel, I suppose.
    My kid made the CFC team, but this price point is out of my league.
    Good luck to her whatever you decide.

Comment

How many kids from Bridgeport are on the CFC United teams again? Oh, right...….only for blonde ponytails, with mom hanging in the Range Rover in the parking - with the engine running of course!
      Youth soccer is an elitist sport for the affluent.

Comment

Good luck to her whatever you decide.
        My D won't be happy, but we will wait a few more years in Travel and see how this plays out.

Comment

My D won't be happy, but we will wait a few more years in Travel and see how this plays out.
          Why are you having her tryout for a club then? The prices are available (previous for sure) before tryouts. This is a parent problem, unless you know you're making the move. Good luck in the future, but don't do another tryout unless you're ready. It's tougher on the kid when they know they can play. Don't do what the other parents are doing just because her friends are doing it, but you can't make the commitment. It is very pricey and time consuming for the kid and parents.

Comment

She is going to OW and probably play U14 GDA next season.
            Sorry, only coaches kids can play up at OW and the 06 team is already set for that.

Comment

Youth soccer is an elitist sport for the affluent.
              With your attitude it most definitely is.

For the talented kids that their heads down and work hard, the sport represents opportunity and a lot of it. Great players that can’t afford club soccer play for free. Great soccer players that are good students pay very little to attend top schools

Stop complaining and find someone that can advocate for your kid

Comment

For the talented kids that their heads down and work hard, the sport represents opportunity and a lot of it. Great players that can’t afford club soccer play for free. Great soccer players that are good students pay very little to attend top schools

Oh yes. All that opportunity for those Bridgeport and Hartford kids. I guess i missed that part. Please stop with the idealism.

Comment

Oh yes. All that opportunity for those Bridgeport and Hartford kids. I guess i missed that part. Please stop with the idealism.
                  Youth soccer clubs are businesses. They focus on customers who can pay their bills.

Comment

Sorry, only coaches kids can play up at OW and the 06 team is already set for that.
                    Playing up is over rated. just get them in the right league with the right comp and let them play.

Comment

There aren't many great players in CT ,only in the minds of parents

Comment

How many kids from Bridgeport are on the CFC United teams again? Oh, right...….only for blonde ponytails, with mom hanging in the Range Rover in the parking - with the engine running of course!
                        Cfc moms are soft serve

Comment

You are right, we should have girls soccer affirmative action and mandate the racial composition of the team. Fees for soccer training should be paid for by taxing Fairfield county parents. Sounds very democratic.

Comment

Question Man Responds

Yes. But it is not smart to take players primarily from one branch for ECNL teams.

But isn't it possible that the bulk of the strongest players came from that branch?

Is this about achieving branch equity or aggregating the best players, regardless of branch, onto the United roster?

Comment

Question Man Responds

Another group of really stupid parents. ECNL II. Grab your balls and cough. Cough Cough. Money grab team. Poor man's ecnl. Suckers

So what should those players who are not fully developed enough to make the ECNL roster but too strong for their town clubs supposed to do? Quit the game? What exactly is your issue with a "B" team in a competitive model that offers no less than four levels of play across its structure?

Comment

You are right, we should have girls soccer affirmative action and mandate the racial composition of the team. Fees for soccer training should be paid for by taxing Fairfield county parents. Sounds very democratic.
                                none of this was suggested, was it? not the op, but s/he's right to point out that (at CFC United anyway) the roster is predominantly made up of affluent white kids (mine included). which means a whole bunch of kids who might be great players are left behind b/c they're priced out. good luck to the single parent working a job that needs to get their daughter to bethany 3x a week. or to travel to MD for an entire weekend in March to play 2 games. it's a huge commitment of time and money to play on these teams. that's a barrier to entry for a huge group of people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X