Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYSA Easy Road to SC for Region C and D

The dead horse needs some more beatings! And with that, why, oh why, does Region D get a 'Bye' and Region C gets the top two out of brackets of three; comparing Region A and Region B have to scrap it out amongst brackets of four to get the top two. Why didn't FYSA combine Region C and Region D?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The dead horse needs some more beatings! And with that, why, oh why, does Region D get a 'Bye' and Region C gets the top two out of brackets of three; comparing Region A and Region B have to scrap it out amongst brackets of four to get the top two. Why didn't FYSA combine Region C and Region D?
    Before posting this, did you bother to check all the other brackets? Nope! Each bracket has different numbers of tdams from each Region. Not the biggest FYSA fan, but they can't make every age group the same with vastly diff numbers. In my kid's bracket, every region had teams in round 1, no 'byes' to round 2...

Comment

Earl, Bubba and Mary Alice at FYSA all got together and thought they could tell everyone how much $$ they'd save families if Region A and Region B all had to play each other 1st "locally".
      Real Reason? Duh!
      C and D get to avoid A and B all together until the later rounds.

Geen -u-whine Gemiuses they are....

Comment

Before posting this, did you bother to check all the other brackets? Nope! Each bracket has different numbers of tdams from each Region. Not the biggest FYSA fan, but they can't make every age group the same with vastly diff numbers. In my kid's bracket, every region had teams in round 1, no 'byes' to round 2...
        Obviously I did not check every age bracket, but if your's had no issues, then why come here and post.....lucky you! However, I'm fairly sure every age bracket did give "Byes" to first round (seedings), and there were age brackets where the numbers were completely unbalanced between the Regions. Perhaps, a better solution would have been to combine Region C and Region D?

Comment

Obviously I did not check every age bracket, but if your's had no issues, then why come here and post.....lucky you! However, I'm fairly sure every age bracket did give "Byes" to first round (seedings), and there were age brackets where the numbers were completely unbalanced between the Regions. Perhaps, a better solution would have been to combine Region C and Region D?
          Oh, so to make it easier on you, teams from Naples would go to Tallahassee? As long as you're happy......

Comment

Oh, so to make it easier on you, teams from Naples would go to Tallahassee? As long as you're happy......
            What, are you all like U13? You should be offering thanks to FYSA for the current bracket system. It wasn't too long ago that there was no seeding (like maybe two years ago). And host regions were rotated! And EVERYBODY played first round! And groups were by RANDOM draw! And even if you were from Miami and ranked no 1 in the state you might have to play 1st round in Pensacola! Why the F are you all still complaining?

Comment

What, are you all like U13? You should be offering thanks to FYSA for the current bracket system. It wasn't too long ago that there was no seeding (like maybe two years ago). And host regions were rotated! And EVERYBODY played first round! And groups were by RANDOM draw! And even if you were from Miami and ranked no 1 in the state you might have to play 1st round in Pensacola! Why the F are you all still complaining?
              We are from Region C. The OP clearly didn't check any other brackets and is just whinning about their situation. I would love to go back to the way it was 2 years ago when all teams started from the same position. I can relate to the ecnl teams in that I wouldn't bother with SC either if I was them... They get no seeding and have to play from the beginning. And in our age group, Region A and D get the byes. No teams from those regions play in Round 1, including unseeded teams. All start at Rd 2. So yeah, we've already played 4 games and have driven hundreds of miles to do it and I"m not sure it is worth it.

Comment

We are from Region C. The OP clearly didn't check any other brackets and is just whinning about their situation. I would love to go back to the way it was 2 years ago when all teams started from the same position. I can relate to the ecnl teams in that I wouldn't bother with SC either if I was them... They get no seeding and have to play from the beginning. And in our age group, Region A and D get the byes. No teams from those regions play in Round 1, including unseeded teams. All start at Rd 2. So yeah, we've already played 4 games and have driven hundreds of miles to do it and I"m not sure it is worth it.
                Compared to A & B? C & D had it easy for Round #1. It's a fact.

Comment

Just about every significant Region A team got a first round bye. The ones that didn't were mostly fodder.

Region B looks like they may have gotten the worst end of the stick but worst case is that maybe one team doesn't advance that probably should have? - not that big of an issue.

Region C looks like all teams that realistically should advance did.

Region D really needs to be consolidated somehow or other.

Comment

Compared to A & B? C & D had it easy for Round #1. It's a fact.
                    maybe in your bracket, not in all of the brackets

How about you just show up where they tell you to and win your games! Make it far this year and you too could get seeded next year. Then, we won't have to put up with your constant whining!!!

Comment

Just about every significant Region A team got a first round bye. The ones that didn't were mostly fodder.

Region B looks like they may have gotten the worst end of the stick but worst case is that maybe one team doesn't advance that probably should have? - not that big of an issue.

Region C looks like all teams that realistically should advance did.

Region D really needs to be consolidated somehow or other.
                      what age? boys or girls?

Comment

i think that covers most ages for both boys and girls?

Comment

i think that covers most ages for both boys and girls?
                          no it doesn't, the poster obviously was talking about their group. not all groups had byes for certain regions. was curious which group, if you don't mind

Comment

what age? boys or girls?
                            Apprears that Girls Reg. A and B had it the worst

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X