Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are we thinking...

Even though it's about Lacrosse, we can sub soccer for it...

http://www.uslacrosse.org/multimedia...community.aspx

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

great idea

Comment

Love It!

Comment

Need this..

Comment

Most people will like what they read, and agree with it but in the end we will all be like lemmings and continue down the same path.

Its sad, although I love to watch my daughter play, and glad that she enjoys it so much but regret on my end that we ever got involved in it. If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to get into club soccer. I have met some nice people, but perhaps I just have bad luck but most of the people around it are not good people. Or it brings the worst out of them. One year it is parents causing disruption, or another it is a bad coach, or something. This is our 4th season and I have come across probably the worst people I have ever met in that short time than my entire life outside of youth soccer.

Comment

Most people will like what they read, and agree with it but in the end we will all be like lemmings and continue down the same path.

Its sad, although I love to watch my daughter play, and glad that she enjoys it so much but regret on my end that we ever got involved in it. If I could go back in time I would tell myself not to get into club soccer. I have met some nice people, but perhaps I just have bad luck but most of the people around it are not good people. Or it brings the worst out of them. One year it is parents causing disruption, or another it is a bad coach, or something. This is our 4th season and I have come across probably the worst people I have ever met in that short time than my entire life outside of youth soccer.
            Some people will disagree with this but I find it also to be true. I think the people are intrinsically good but the competition as you say brings out the worst in them. I have been involved for many years and have seen very devout religious families slowly erode as they elevate the game above all other concerns in their lives. This seems to happen. It is hard to not allow it to affect you. It is hard to just move your chair and sit apart from it, but that may be the only solution. I agree about the club soccer. I would suggest a child play at least 2 different sports that have different seasons each year and concentrate on school and other non-traditional sports.

Comment

Totally agree. There is a madness that is going on right now with no end in sight. The best thing I ever did was pull my daughter out of club soccer and now I (and my family) don't have to deal with the manic personalities.

Twenty years ago this just did not happen. Where has it all gone wrong?

Comment

Totally agree. There is a madness that is going on right now with no end in sight. The best thing I ever did was pull my daughter out of club soccer and now I (and my family) don't have to deal with the manic personalities.

Twenty years ago this just did not happen. Where has it all gone wrong?
                My take is that soccer is a good ****** for some very unstable adults, mostly passive aggressive to work out some mental issues on otherwise unsuspecting parents. You can see them coming a mile away... look for the loudest parent with the least talented kid. Or the one who thinks they are playing a season of Survivor and pit other parents against each other. They are pathetic, but they exist.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X