Ecnl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1504643]You are an idiot if you truly think it's really JFC people posting these things on TS.[/QUOTE

But is a JFC person calling other people lose and idiot. I guess that is typical. Thanks for upholding the image.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1504663]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You are an idiot if you truly think it's really JFC people posting these things on TS.[/QUOTE

But is a JFC person calling other people lose and idiot. I guess that is typical. Thanks for upholding the image.
      I don't ever make any claims or accusations about a club. I just read this site and laugh and throw out an occasional comment when I see a really bad post..like the one that made you look like an idiot. Sorry, I just call them like I see them.

Comment

Most of the trash talk on TS about ECNL is between parents. The interesting fact about ECNL is the premise is what I believe we all can believe in when it comes to league/club relations. Aside from the personal issues and lack of available ECNL clubs in many areas, the actual foundation of the league and the reasons for its formation ring true today as they did when it was formed in 2009. Here is a great interview which answers a lot of questions parents have about ECNL:

http://eliteclubsnationalleague.com/home/869456.html

Most clubs I know have their issues with FYSA. The central authority dictating operations to clubs has probably outlived its usefulness. Proof is in how FYSA is changing to adopt more of the approach that ECNL uses for player ID and National League play. In the end, I agree with most parents that there will always be some new and exciting league for clubs to affiliate. Remember when CDL was all the rage? I just like the approach of ECNL and their view towards clubs. I believe you can't compare a huge large city Superclub with a small town legacy club. Both can turn out quality players and win at the highest level. But how the club chooses to operate should be determined by the BOD and not the league.

Comment

Most of the trash talk on TS about ECNL is between parents. The interesting fact about ECNL is the premise is what I believe we all can believe in when it comes to league/club relations. Aside from the personal issues and lack of available ECNL clubs in many areas, the actual foundation of the league and the reasons for its formation ring true today as they did when it was formed in 2009. Here is a great interview which answers a lot of questions parents have about ECNL:

http://eliteclubsnationalleague.com/home/869456.html

Most clubs I know have their issues with FYSA. The central authority dictating operations to clubs has probably outlived its usefulness. Proof is in how FYSA is changing to adopt more of the approach that ECNL uses for player ID and National League play. In the end, I agree with most parents that there will always be some new and exciting league for clubs to affiliate. Remember when CDL was all the rage? I just like the approach of ECNL and their view towards clubs. I believe you can't compare a huge large city Superclub with a small town legacy club. Both can turn out quality players and win at the highest level. But how the club chooses to operate should be determined by the BOD and not the league.
          #Raisethegame #turnheads #beautifulambition #teamlovetuesdays #womencrushingwednesdays #getinthezone
          The ECNL is also totally led the way as something for young girls to embrace. They encourage girls to be strong women and to achieve their goals. They are VERY interactive with the girls in promoting them and encouraging them to be confident thru social media. It truly is what you want to see in a league. It is the total package

Comment

#Raisethegame #turnheads #beautifulambition #teamlovetuesdays #womencrushingwednesdays #getinthezone
            The ECNL is also totally led the way as something for young girls to embrace. They encourage girls to be strong women and to achieve their goals. They are VERY interactive with the girls in promoting them and encouraging them to be confident thru social media. It truly is what you want to see in a league. It is the total package
            ^^^^^ totally agree. The girls feel
            Connected to the league. No other league can claim that.

Comment

Yes all true -- problem is simple, they have created an environment where it is extremely difficult for Non-ECNL players to get the recognition of ECNL players and just because that club has ECNL doesn't mean its a better club for development and has better coaching.

I would argue in the Atlanta area, the best coaches are not at the ECNL clubs.

Comment

Yes all true -- problem is simple, they have created an environment where it is extremely difficult for Non-ECNL players to get the recognition of ECNL players and just because that club has ECNL doesn't mean its a better club for development and has better coaching.

I would argue in the Atlanta area, the best coaches are not at the ECNL clubs.
                ECNL parents and players behave very elitist. Personally would not mind if a few players and parents left club to go to ECNL. Good for their daughters and good for our team.

Comment

Yep -- false perception that ALL ecnl players are better players than all non-ecnl players.

Comment

Yep -- false perception that ALL ecnl players are better players than all non-ecnl players.
                    Not false perception.

ECNL > all leagues

Nobody talks about individual players.

Comment

ECNL parents and players behave very elitist. Personally would not mind if a few players and parents left club to go to ECNL. Good for their daughters and good for our team.
                      OK Welcome to GCF!!!!!

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks this or claims this. I do think that a natural byproduct of the ECNL makes it cheaper for colleges with small recruiting budgets to consolidate to a "most cost effective approach" by attending ECNL showcases and it has also become somewhat of a social event for college coaches to hang out and meet up. What it really means is that parents and players on NON ECNL teams need to be more proactive. Need to contact coaches and spend more money going to INDIVIDUAL ID camps and trying to get the college coaches to your games. I think it has increased the workload and cost for NON ECNL players but I do not think that any college coach will pass up or think that talent doesn't exist outside ECNL

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks this or claims this. I do think that a natural byproduct of the ECNL makes it cheaper for colleges with small recruiting budgets to consolidate to a "most cost effective approach" by attending ECNL showcases and it has also become somewhat of a social event for college coaches to hang out and meet up. What it really means is that parents and players on NON ECNL teams need to be more proactive. Need to contact coaches and spend more money going to INDIVIDUAL ID camps and trying to get the college coaches to your games. I think it has increased the workload and cost for NON ECNL players but I do not think that any college coach will pass up or think that talent doesn't exist outside ECNL
                          This is one of the most intelligent comments I have seen on this topic. Thanks for the well-reasoned post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X