Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There was a game today for the U12G Div A 11v11 CDL Cup Series Tournament between Strictly Soccer and WFF West. With Strictly winning this game 4-0, I am wondering if this is the WFF 11v11 team that other posters have ranked, in their opinion, as #2, behind TBU? I see WFF has an East and a West. Any help? Is their East squad much better than their West squad?
    Yeah, East is the team is the one mainly ranked or talked about on here.

Comment

Yeah, East is the team is the one mainly ranked or talked about on here.
      I was mistaken in my prior post about Strictly's U12G game...looks like they did play the WFF East (not West) and the score was 3-0...but as someone noted, it may have been the U11G playing up? Can anyone confirm which team we really played? How do you ever know if you are playing a true U12G team, like apples to apples. U11G playing up, U12G playing up, but other U12G playing U12. Am I to assume then that WFF plays their teams 'up' a year, or is this only done for teams with exceptional talent?

Comment

Girls 02/03

WFF East plays their top team up an age group. Yesterday's game was there U11 team, the same one that you played in the regular CDL season

Comment

PDA 01/02 v Ponte Vedra 02/03 (2-1)
          Tallahassee 01/02 v JYS 02/03 (1-1)
          Creeks Black 02/03 v JYS 02/02 (1-0)
          Ponte Vedra 02/03 v Golden Isles 01/02 (3-0)
          Clay 01/02 v Ponte Vedra 02/03 (0-0)
          Golden Isles 01/02 v GSA 02/03 (rescheduled)
          JFC Elite 02/03 v GSA 02/03 (2-2)
          WFF 02/03 v Boca 0203 (3-0)
          JFC Elite 02/03 v Weston (5-1)
          WFF 02/03 v Ocala u13s (2-1)

NPL (edited)
          TBU has to have a 8-0 win to take NPL title
          If TBU has 7-1 win, they'll tie JFC for the title.
          If TBU has anything less than 7 goals for, or more than 1 goal against, they'll end up in second.
          Unless of course, if they tie or lose they stay in third.

Florida Cup
          WFF moves on in Florida Cup, likely as the 3rd seed in the semis.
          JFC Elite 02/03 play JFC Storm 01/02 to see who advances. (or maybe they've already played?) Expect Storm to move on.
          Last edited by Hazelnuts; 04-27-2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

TBUS wind they finish second. If they win by 7 they tie for first. If they win by 8 they finish in first.

Comment

TBUS wind they finish second. If they win by 7 they tie for first. If they win by 8 they finish in first.
              Fixed it. My bad, mistaked it as W-T-L instead of W-L-T.

Comment

TBU will not win that game by 7 goals..period.

Comment

I would not even mark it down as a guaranteed win for TBU just yet..much less a seven goal victory.

Comment

I would not even mark it down as a guaranteed win for TBU just yet..much less a seven goal victory.
                    I dont think any one is thinking TBU will have a 8-0 or 9-1 and up victory. I expect TBU to win over the Chargers but I wont be surprised if they draw or lose. I also think this supports that JFC TBU and WFF are all about the same talent. Ill throw PV and Davie in there too since prior posters have grouped them together.

Comment

I dont think any one is thinking TBU will have a 8-0 or 9-1 and up victory. I expect TBU to win over the Chargers but I wont be surprised if they draw or lose. I also think this supports that JFC TBU and WFF are all about the same talent. Ill throw PV and Davie in there too since prior posters have grouped them together.
                      WFF same talent as TBU??

Results so far this year

TBU 2 - 0 WFF - NPL
                      TBU 0 - 0 WFF - 1st round in Region C
                      TBU 2 - 0 WFF - Finals Region C
                      TBU 1 - 0 WFF - Finals A/C Division II Cup
                      TBU 1 - 0 WFF - Finals ACDC Tournament
                      TBU 2 - 1 WFF - Finals CDL Showcase

oh yeah i will give the 4 - 0 WFF vistory in meaningless CDL !! way to go

Comment

Not a WFF person, but looking at those results & the won/loss records of similar opponents played, yes, I would say the talent level is very close between both teams.
                        Other than the Flames 4-0 win in January, I don't see any blowouts from either side.

Comment

WFF same talent as TBU??

Results so far this year

TBU 2 - 0 WFF - NPL
                          TBU 0 - 0 WFF - 1st round in Region C
                          TBU 2 - 0 WFF - Finals Region C
                          TBU 1 - 0 WFF - Finals A/C Division II Cup
                          TBU 1 - 0 WFF - Finals ACDC Tournament
                          TBU 2 - 1 WFF - Finals CDL Showcase

oh yeah i will give the 4 - 0 WFF vistory in meaningless CDL !! way to go
                          That's funny that you left the 4-0 win off of your above list because it doesn't fit your case. It's still a very convincing win.

Yes, TBU and WFF are very, very similar.
                          They both play the same lower division teams.
                          WFF has 65 goals for the year with 26 against in 32 games. They're averaging 2 goals a game.
                          TBU has 60 goals for the year with 24 against in 31 games. They're averaging 1.8 goals a game.
                          I think TBU gets in WFFs head and the better team doesn't always win.
                          When is TBU and WFF going to play outside of the CDL? Such weak competition.

Comment

Who won the last game between TBU and WFF?

Comment

That's funny that you left the 4-0 win off of your above list because it doesn't fit your case. It's still a very convincing win.

Yes, TBU and WFF are very, very similar.
                              They both play the same lower division teams.
                              WFF has 65 goals for the year with 26 against in 32 games. They're averaging 2 goals a game.
                              TBU has 60 goals for the year with 24 against in 31 games. They're averaging 1.8 goals a game.
                              I think TBU gets in WFFs head and the better team doesn't always win.
                              When is TBU and WFF going to play outside of the CDL? Such weak competition.
                              TBU and WFF are the most over-rated teams in the discussion. They join D2 every chance they get, and cheer as if they just won the World Cup. Neither team has played many real challenges - and both teams have several examples of nearly losing to D3 teams. Look at their CDL record, and their Region C record - they played D2 / D3 teams, and have several games that are very close against these poor opponents.

Their excuse? They are playing up so it is all even. BS. Any team that is truly vying to be in the top 10 in the state should be able to easily dispatch a D3 team from the year up.

Two way over-rated teams.

Comment

Top 02/03 girls

Yes one of those D2 teams they beat was Fishhawk's U13 first team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X