Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FKK black has an 11 game winning streak going. Also plays in CDL "A" and NPL. Tell me what team would a kid need to play for to make the ACYS Super Y team?
    CDL is a joke of a league. Not worth the drive.

Comment

FKK black has an 11 game winning streak going. Also plays in CDL "A" and NPL. Tell me what team would a kid need to play for to make the ACYS Super Y team?
      FKK Black 00/01 hasn't won a game in the NPL.

Comment

Its all that great coaching!!!!! HaHa

Comment

The reality of Super Y is that most of the teams will be made up of players from that club; in this case, expect it to be predominantly ACYS teams with maybe a few stragglers thrown in from Maitland or FCA. On the girls side, not many Super Y clubs can field a team at all age groups so you may only have a group of 4-6 teams. Boys side you will see more. However, since no other club in the area is doing Super Y, you will be travelling to Miami, Jax and West Coast. Summer brings storms so expect lightning to cancel several practices and the worst...if you travel to Miami just to have a game canceled due to weather.

Now, some people like it and some people don't. So, just your personal preference. Super Y isn't as popular as it used to be.

Comment

unfortunately the FKK U14 is like a B team . Most U13 A teams can easily beat them; and the white team is totally rec.

Comment

The reality of Super Y is that most of the teams will be made up of players from that club; in this case, expect it to be predominantly ACYS teams with maybe a few stragglers thrown in from Maitland or FCA. On the girls side, not many Super Y clubs can field a team at all age groups so you may only have a group of 4-6 teams. Boys side you will see more. However, since no other club in the area is doing Super Y, you will be travelling to Miami, Jax and West Coast. Summer brings storms so expect lightning to cancel several practices and the worst...if you travel to Miami just to have a game canceled due to weather.

Now, some people like it and some people don't. So, just your personal preference. Super Y isn't as popular as it used to be.
              Orlando city still has super y so you will have someone local.

Comment

OCYS posted Super Y on their site.

Comment

I've been in the Orlando club scene for many years (this year at FCA), with several kids playing at a number of clubs. Super Y is a nice option for extra work over the Summer. Just be ready to travel. ACYS has been very good at their REC stuff for a really long time, but never really had a competitive side until they brought in some new guys and got serious about it a few years ago. Their website currently shows like 40 competitive teams, the Super Y program, a GK Academy, Striker School, and a solid looking group of coaches. I'm sure they can run a Super Y program, but just see it mainly for a chance to get some more work over the Summer.

Comment

I've been in the Orlando club scene for many years (this year at FCA), with several kids playing at a number of clubs. Super Y is a nice option for extra work over the Summer. Just be ready to travel. ACYS has been very good at their REC stuff for a really long time, but never really had a competitive side until they brought in some new guys and got serious about it a few years ago. Their website currently shows like 40 competitive teams, the Super Y program, a GK Academy, Striker School, and a solid looking group of coaches. I'm sure they can run a Super Y program, but just see it mainly for a chance to get some more work over the Summer.
                    Agreed. I know some people do not like to admit it but ACYS does have some very solid players, especially on the boys side. If my kid can train and play with some of those players this summer instead of summer soccer camps I think it would be money very well spent.

Comment

OCYS posted Super Y on their site.
                      Unless you are an already established player on one of the OC purple teams I wouldn't plan on making their Super Y teams as anything other than a "practice" player.

Comment

Agreed. I know some people do not like to admit it but ACYS does have some very solid players, especially on the boys side. If my kid can train and play with some of those players this summer instead of summer soccer camps I think it would be money very well spent.
                        Only on the younger age groups are the players solid.

Comment

Only on the younger age groups are the players solid.
                          And only on the boys side.

Comment

And only on the boys side.
                            I Agree. and only 2 or 3 teams

Comment

first night of tryouts bombed.

Comment

first night of tryouts bombed.
                                Poor turnout?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X