Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm from WFF and can confirm that this poster is correct. Will changed after June 1.

I can see the battle with TBU s. Setting up base on their back poarch, but I can honestly tell you most WFF families didn't even know this location was going on. Most thought LFC was a few select teams at the current locations that got to purchase the LFC uniforms early. Dopey, but you can see why since so many scrimmages between WFF and WFF LFC took place. LFC uniforms were at our two other locations a lot.

Best of luck and hopefully it works out. Tampa doesn't really need another club to water down the talent, but maybe it will grow into something special that will make it worth it.
    . Thanks for the respectful and honest comments:). I agree at the start of the season, we were told that we will be WFF but the whole club will be LFCA the following
    Year and instead of purchasing a new uniform next year, we were to start with them now. As the season went on ( and much stuff behind closed doors), it was determined that the club was not going to be all LFCA the following year. In a sense we are kind of in limbo right now being no where ( the lost child in a divorce). WFF does not support or recognize us and LFCA cannot yet fully take us in yet until June. Heck WFF has not even posted accomplishments for the u11 and u12 girls on their website. Or the u12 boys recent tournament win. They realize we no longer matter to the club. Us parents wrote our checks to WFF for league and team fees but don't know where the money goes exactly. We did receive support from LFCA in Texas and they are keen in expanding here in Florida. We liked the approach and season so far and would like to continue being LFCA.

Comment

. Thanks for the respectful and honest comments:). I agree at the start of the season, we were told that we will be WFF but the whole club will be LFCA the following
      Year and instead of purchasing a new uniform next year, we were to start with them now. As the season went on ( and much stuff behind closed doors), it was determined that the club was not going to be all LFCA the following year. In a sense we are kind of in limbo right now being no where ( the lost child in a divorce). WFF does not support or recognize us and LFCA cannot yet fully take us in yet until June. Heck WFF has not even posted accomplishments for the u11 and u12 girls on their website. Or the u12 boys recent tournament win. They realize we no longer matter to the club. Us parents wrote our checks to WFF for league and team fees but don't know where the money goes exactly. We did receive support from LFCA in Texas and they are keen in expanding here in Florida. We liked the approach and season so far and would like to continue being LFCA.
      What support did you get from TX? The fields are provided by WFF, the goals and equipment are provided and owned by WFF. Interested in hearing what support LFCA has given. If information hasn't been posted that is the fault of the Team Manager and Coach. They are required to send in picture and story to site director who sends to Webmaster.

Comment

What support did you get from TX? The fields are provided by WFF, the goals and equipment are provided and owned by WFF. Interested in hearing what support LFCA has given. If information hasn't been posted that is the fault of the Team Manager and Coach. They are required to send in picture and story to site director who sends to Webmaster.
        WFF board member, you just don't get it do you. None of these players will be any part of WFF next year. None want to part of your club, none are really part of your club now. the only part we are is for registration only. No mention anywhere we go play of WFF. We are Liverpool FCA and will remain Liverpool FCA next year. Nobody even really knows the WFF part, especially outside of Tampa and next year we won't have anything to do with you. You can't force people do to want you want just because you are WFF.

Comment

WFF board member, you just don't get it do you. None of these players will be any part of WFF next year. None want to part of your club, none are really part of your club now. the only part we are is for registration only. No mention anywhere we go play of WFF. We are Liverpool FCA and will remain Liverpool FCA next year. Nobody even really knows the WFF part, especially outside of Tampa and next year we won't have anything to do with you. You can't force people do to want you want just because you are WFF.
          WFF did not want to deal with a smaller up and coming club like LFCA here in Florida. They gad bigger things on their mind like merging with GTBFC. Too bad because they don't know what they are missing......

Comment

Sounds like you are very young teams and inexperienced parents. I admire your enthusiasm but don't think that you really get it. From what I understand LFCA came to WFF trying to expand their brand. They are not very successful in Texas. You should take the time to look up their teams. It can be found here if you can't figure it out for yourself. http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/e...?EventID=39881 They do not have DA or ECNL. There are 10-12 DA clubs in Texas and 10 or so ECNL clubs. Of the clubs that do not have a DA or ECNL, LFCA in Texas is not even in the Top 10 of the "other" clubs in North Texas. This basically puts them at 30 or below when you add in the South Texas clubs. As a comparison in Florida its the equivalent of maybe a Houston Dynamo. You got sucked into the Liverpool way and the branding and I am happy for you. You think you have success playing in USA Div II but you are in for a rude awakening. I hope you are happy and that your kids are but I promise you that within 3 years your eyes will be opened. You will look back and think it was such a minor thing. Keep your enthusiasm for soccer and educate yourself. Good luck to you

Comment

Liverpool FC in south Tampa is not too far from St. Pete and doing very well it's first season on the girls end. (Although the u11 and U12 boys weren't too shabby either)U11 girls semi finalists in region c cup and undefeated season. U12 girls region c champs and only two loses this season. The u13 girls were not too bad either. No info on got soccer about u9 and u10 girls but they also had a great season. Both u11 and u12 girls heading to Division II cup next weekend! U12 girls are moving up to 11 v 11 next season and need about 4 girls to round out the team.

Comment

Sounds like you are very young teams and inexperienced parents. I admire your enthusiasm but don't think that you really get it. From what I understand LFCA came to WFF trying to expand their brand. They are not very successful in Texas. You should take the time to look up their teams. It can be found here if you can't figure it out for yourself. http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/e...?EventID=39881 They do not have DA or ECNL. There are 10-12 DA clubs in Texas and 10 or so ECNL clubs. Of the clubs that do not have a DA or ECNL, LFCA in Texas is not even in the Top 10 of the "other" clubs in North Texas. This basically puts them at 30 or below when you add in the South Texas clubs. As a comparison in Florida its the equivalent of maybe a Houston Dynamo. You got sucked into the Liverpool way and the branding and I am happy for you. You think you have success playing in USA Div II but you are in for a rude awakening. I hope you are happy and that your kids are but I promise you that within 3 years your eyes will be opened. You will look back and think it was such a minor thing. Keep your enthusiasm for soccer and educate yourself. Good luck to you
                From what I understand, the rankinga are for the boys. On the girls side, they are doing very well!

Comment

Liverpool FC in south Tampa is not too far from St. Pete and doing very well it's first season on the girls end. (Although the u11 and U12 boys weren't too shabby either)U11 girls semi finalists in region c cup and undefeated season. U12 girls region c champs and only two loses this season. The u13 girls were not too bad either. No info on got soccer about u9 and u10 girls but they also had a great season. Both u11 and u12 girls heading to Division II cup next weekend! U12 girls are moving up to 11 v 11 next season and need about 4 girls to round out the team.
                  I watched the U10 (rising U11) girls team play and they are very good too. A lot of good young players there

Comment

I watched the U10 (rising U11) girls team play and they are very good too. A lot of good young players there
                    definitely a future there!

Comment

now what I heard, BL wasn't suppose to make the announcement that he did with regards to LFCA. That everything was his doing and one of the reasons he was let go. LFCA was suppose to be a trial thing, see how it worked etc..... the cost for the program is pretty steep and what our coach said is that he had access to LFCA's online training, nothing else. I was also told that "nominal" fee was $100/player and that was going to be spread out over all the campuses. for one campus to keep LFCA, your looking at what, $300-$400/player, extra, unless they have a smaller program for smaller clubs.

the only costs that I could find on their web sight was for the Reds Academy. Right now at WFF the academy, at least last year, was $500 + team fees + uniform for 10 months. LFC's is $95/month + uniform and says it is year round. doesn't say anything about team fees.

Under LFC your coach has certain things that he must do, for example, player evaluations. Your coach is required to give you 2 per year and should be sending out the 2nd ones right about now or at least working on them.

Outside of having an existing good coach and team, what are you seeing that is different with the training? Is it worth the extra cost?
                      excluding uniform, the league and team fees cost us $1300 for our u12 son. That us a ten month season. Not too bad in my opinion.

Comment

O geesh! So obviously answering your own posts. C'mon already. No one bothered to post for 5 days, now all of a sudden, there's several people singing the praises? At midnight on a Sunday? Ummm, no. No one's buying this rubbish!

Comment

O geesh! So obviously answering your own posts. C'mon already. No one bothered to post for 5 days, now all of a sudden, there's several people singing the praises? At midnight on a Sunday? Ummm, no. No one's buying this rubbish!
                          Call it rubbish if you want, but in their first year they did extremely well both in initial numbers getting players on the field and performance. For people in both the St Pete and Tampa area they offer quality licensed coaching, no daddy coaches, fill-in or otherwise. The training is geared toward the player's development in a way that kids enjoy. In our first season there we have not come across any of the grumbling or complaining that is often the case elsewhere. I know if your kid was not happy there they would have no problem granting you your release and not keep your kid hostage like that club in St Petersburg is doing.
                          I really encourage people take your kid to at least one tryout, and you will see for yourself.

Comment

no thanks, LP mom. Wouldn't try out there if it was next door to my house. wouldn't want to have to deal with folks who talk to themselves on soccer websites! Trying to make it look like many people, but so shallow we can tell immediately it's one person. so concerned no one will tryout there, you resort to answering your own pollyana posts with more fluff and stuff. LOL!

Comment

no thanks, LP mom. Wouldn't try out there if it was next door to my house. wouldn't want to have to deal with folks who talk to themselves on soccer websites! !
                              As you read and type the above on a soccer website.

Comment

As you read and type the above on a soccer website.
                                At least I'm not the one pretending to be several people! When you do this, do you pretend to talk in different accents? Ba ha ha, that would be hilarious!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X