Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed, but certainly the few teams from region D benefit this year in state cup.
    Hello? where have you all been? this has been going on in SC and Region Cup for years! Was never right; just not so many people were aware... social media... even things like TS, put more info into the hands of parents, who otherwise would not know. Yes FYSA, we are all on to you!

Comment

How would you break the 6 regions down?
      Mostly by population with a eye on containing or minimizing the travel distance. So not a gerrymandered layout. So you would have more regions around dense population areas and large ones when the population thins out. I know that travel distances are big problem for those region D people and it hurts the turnout from what we hear. I suspect with 6 it would look something like two in south south florida, two for tampa St pete and part of orlando. One for the rest of Orlando. One for Jacksonville to Pensacola.

Comment

Mostly by population with a eye on containing or minimizing the travel distance. So not a gerrymandered layout. So you would have more regions around dense population areas and large ones when the population thins out. I know that travel distances are big problem for those region D people and it hurts the turnout from what we hear. I suspect with 6 it would look something like two in south south florida, two for tampa St pete and part of orlando. One for the rest of Orlando. One for Jacksonville to Pensacola.

Region D is not a factor at any age group that I know of. And I know of age groups ranging from U1-U125.

Comment

Region D is not a factor at any age group that I know of. And I know of age groups ranging from U1-U125.
          Well your youth soccer knowledge is probably about as strong as your grammar, logic, and statistical skills.

In summer camps in central FL and the bay area, I end up training roughly a dozen region D kids every summer. They have a range of talent that seems to match what I see from the rest of the state. What they don't have are the numbers. Roughly speaking, they seem to have about 1/3 the clubs that the other regions have. They also have a geography problem that makes them less likely to show well in central Florida. Then they have the same FYSA / US club issues that we have everywhere.

They put up decent results that seem about in line with what you would expect from a region that has 1/3 the players of the other regions. I hear this region D line from parents too. Last year we had a team at Presidents cup that lost to a region D team and many of the parents were complaining about how bad we were and that we need to make coaching changes and all sorts of crazy crap. Our team has a lot of talent and they are a well trained and coached team that won the region! They were consumed with the loss to the region D team and that seemed like the whole of their argument. I heard nothing about the teams we beat to get there that I heard about the entire fall.

Go look at the Presidents cup results from last year. Region D has success, probably about half to a third as much as the other 3 regions, about what I would expect with my 5th grade math hat on.

Comment

Well your youth soccer knowledge is probably about as strong as your grammar, logic, and statistical skills.

In summer camps in central FL and the bay area, I end up training roughly a dozen region D kids every summer. They have a range of talent that seems to match what I see from the rest of the state. What they don't have are the numbers. Roughly speaking, they seem to have about 1/3 the clubs that the other regions have. They also have a geography problem that makes them less likely to show well in central Florida. Then they have the same FYSA / US club issues that we have everywhere.

They put up decent results that seem about in line with what you would expect from a region that has 1/3 the players of the other regions. I hear this region D line from parents too. Last year we had a team at Presidents cup that lost to a region D team and many of the parents were complaining about how bad we were and that we need to make coaching changes and all sorts of crazy crap. Our team has a lot of talent and they are a well trained and coached team that won the region! They were consumed with the loss to the region D team and that seemed like the whole of their argument. I heard nothing about the teams we beat to get there that I heard about the entire fall.

Go look at the Presidents cup results from last year. Region D has success, probably about half to a third as much as the other 3 regions, about what I would expect with my 5th grade math hat on.
            No one is questioning there may be teams with talent, but rather the Region D teams do not have the risk of getting knocked out in a first round of State Cup because they get an automatic to the second round. Similar ranked teams deserve equal risk of losses, injuries, and even the experience gained in a first round.

Comment

No one is questioning there may be teams with talent, but rather the Region D teams do not have the risk of getting knocked out in a first round of State Cup because they get an automatic to the second round. Similar ranked teams deserve equal risk of losses, injuries, and even the experience gained in a first round.
              I think that response was for the u1 to u125 troll, not the original topic.

Comment

That sounds like a good break down. What is happening now with state cup is not a good break down, and does give region D an advantage!

Comment

They should ban region D

Comment

They should ban region D
                    Never happen.

FYSA favorite 2 words:

Mo Money

Comment

Yep...we have some good programs up here, but just not as many people. Hard to put a team together too. Our ratio of good coaches to kids might be higher than down south.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X