Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    These parents that have commented don't have a single clue as to what has happened. I hope it doesn’t happen to your family/player because someone will come from PC or Tampa, or Atlanta to replace your “star” so just remember it’s about the club, not your kid. The reason for the comment from the coach is because it makes him sleep better at night. The Royal team got “Royally Screwed” all the way around. There are ways to develop players and still provide the club with highest level of competitive teams within the same age group. The training for the B team is mediocre at best when the training and coaching should be at its highest level because that is what the parents pay for and that is what the parents were told it would be at the beginning of the season. You can’t look for excuses not to train. You have to train to the highest level and let the chips fall where they may. The kids are not stupid, they understand what is going on and it has nothing to do with the parents. If you haven’t walked a mile in the shoes of a player or parent on this team you my friend, you have no clue what you are talking about.
    If you were misled before signing this year, it's time to look for a new club.

Comment

There must not be any real development on the "A" team, if they pin their best chance at winning state cup by raiding the "B" teams best players. The players on the "A" team should have been the best of the lot already.

Herein lies the most prevalent problem in American youth soccer- far too many coaches cannot develop players. Instead, they are recruiters. Whether trying to poach/recruit from other clubs or by raiding teams in their own club, the simple fact is that is the only way they can create a winning team.

If they were real coaches, they could take that athleticism and desire to play and forge players. Too many times, recruitment replaces development. Whether the coach cannot or is simply too lazy or short sighted to invest the time, is irrelevant.

For these coaches winning is the end all, rather than truly creating players to play this incredible game. They brag about all their coaching accomplishments and are quick to run their mouths about their titles and championships.

We have lots of players and teams that know how to win, but have no clue how to really play soccer.

Go to Europe or South America and play some high level club teams at u16 and up. After you've been mauled you'll have an appreciation of what real player development is.

Perhaps the parents on both the "A" and the "B" team at this club should reevalute at the end of the season and make a different choice for the future.

Comment

You are so right

That's what I have been saying all along. EA at his finest. Couldn't coach his way out of as paper bag. Sure knows how to go out and "RECRUIT". What kind of selfish scumbag does that to his own club, much less a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds. Says alot for PV as a whole, allowing this to happen. It's just plain sad.

There must not be any real development on the "A" team, if they pin their best chance at winning state cup by raiding the "B" teams best players. The players on the "A" team should have been the best of the lot already.

Herein lies the most prevalent problem in American youth soccer- far too many coaches cannot develop players. Instead, they are recruiters. Whether trying to poach/recruit from other clubs or by raiding teams in their own club, the simple fact is that is the only way they can create a winning team.

If they were real coaches, they could take that athleticism and desire to play and forge players. Too many times, recruitment replaces development. Whether the coach cannot or is simply too lazy or short sighted to invest the time, is irrelevant.

For these coaches winning is the end all, rather than truly creating players to play this incredible game. They brag about all their coaching accomplishments and are quick to run their mouths about their titles and championships.

We have lots of players and teams that know how to win, but have no clue how to really play soccer.

Go to Europe or South America and play some high level club teams at u16 and up. After you've been mauled you'll have an appreciation of what real player development is.

Perhaps the parents on both the "A" and the "B" team at this club should reevalute at the end of the season and make a different choice for the future.

Comment

none

Most are leaving and looking for other options. It's a shame. It could have been so much different. Especially after winning at Disney at Thanksgiving.

Comment

Wow....I consider you one lucky parent...when ever I ask my kid what the coach said, all I ever get is "I don't remember, just a bunch of stuff".
            HAHAHA - This is very true! Glad my kid isn't the only one.

Comment

Parents need to be involved in the team affairs; travelling, fees, coaching salary etc. Also, my husband coacges from the side lines unabashedly. It helps the boys. Please don't tell me other wise, I've hear it all.

Comment

Wow....I consider you one lucky parent...when ever I ask my kid what the coach said, all I ever get is "I don't remember, just a bunch of stuff".
                Welcome to ADD.

Comment

These parents that have commented don't have a single clue as to what has happened. I hope it doesn’t happen to your family/player because someone will come from PC or Tampa, or Atlanta to replace your “star” so just remember it’s about the club, not your kid. The reason for the comment from the coach is because it makes him sleep better at night. The Royal team got “Royally Screwed” all the way around. There are ways to develop players and still provide the club with highest level of competitive teams within the same age group. The training for the B team is mediocre at best when the training and coaching should be at its highest level because that is what the parents pay for and that is what the parents were told it would be at the beginning of the season. You can’t look for excuses not to train. You have to train to the highest level and let the chips fall where they may. The kids are not stupid, they understand what is going on and it has nothing to do with the parents. If you haven’t walked a mile in the shoes of a player or parent on this team you my friend, you have no clue what you are talking about.
                  Damn, get off your high-horse. A question was posed on this forum and was answered with the information that was given. Get a grip.

Comment

Parents need to be involved in the team affairs; travelling, fees, coaching salary etc. Also, my husband coacges from the side lines unabashedly. It helps the boys. Please don't tell me other wise, I've hear it all.
                    This is probably the worst post in histroy! nothing hurts players more then a parent attempting to coach. players need to be creative and don't need parents screaming instructions. what if dad is screaming pass and the kid wants to dribble the space. all you do is confuse the player and stop creativeity on the pitch. even good coaches don't instruct a player when the ball is at their feet. let the kid play and just enjoy

Comment

This is probably the worst post in histroy! nothing hurts players more then a parent attempting to coach. players need to be creative and don't need parents screaming instructions. what if dad is screaming pass and the kid wants to dribble the space. all you do is confuse the player and stop creativeity on the pitch. even good coaches don't instruct a player when the ball is at their feet. let the kid play and just enjoy
                      Dude, that was obviously a troll post. Don't get so easily distracted.

Comment

First of all the kid should listen to the coach about soccer as the parents usually do not know anything. But what the club did to the B team is bush league. These are not professional teams where there is money invloved in winning and the pro team calls upa minor leaguer. These are kids yet they found it more important that the A team win at the expense of the B team. Our club has borrowed a few players from the B team but only when we had a thin squad due to injuries and only when it did not affect the B team in manner what so ever. Our A team has even lent the B team players when they have needed them. That is what a true club will do.

I would suggest that the parents of the B team all get together and find a club that you like and take your entire squad over there as a team as your current club does not care about you.

Comment

Most are leaving and looking for other options. It's a shame. It could have been so much different. Especially after winning at Disney at Thanksgiving.
                          It seems like the coach is on overload with too much on his plate. He doesn't have time to talk to the players or parents. It is just sad that there is no team spirit, motivational talks, teaching, discussions, or camaraderie. This is a group of wonderful 14 year old girls who want to be the best they can be. You also have to develop the girls to make the club look good.

Comment

Originally posted by noles1 View Post
                            I just wanted to throw this out there to see if I'm crazy or if I'm right. My daughter played in the state cup this weekend. The night before, the coach called for a players only meeting with the coach. There has been drama with the team being raided by the A team at the deadline of roster freeze. They took all of the goal scorers off the team and took them on the A team. In the meeting, the head coach told the girls to not listen to their parents in regards to the team and their prospects at state cup. Am I crazy for being angry that the caoch said to the girls to "NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTs"? I mean you can put that in any context or fill in thE blank with anything and it seems pretty disturbing that a coach would say that. I'm thinking of pulling my kid from the team because of this. It's hard enough to raise a teenager, but to have your kids soccer coach to telll them to not listen to their parents? It seems hard to get over this comment. What do you think?
                            The player need to listen ONLY went the coach is coaching.Did the B team have a full roster (18) if they did it a good thin because all the players get more play time remember the best coach is PLAYING.

Comment

Originally posted by noles1 View Post
                              I just wanted to throw this out there to see if I'm crazy or if I'm right. My daughter played in the state cup this weekend. The night before, the coach called for a players only meeting with the coach. There has been drama with the team being raided by the A team at the deadline of roster freeze. They took all of the goal scorers off the team and took them on the A team. In the meeting, the head coach told the girls to not listen to their parents in regards to the team and their prospects at state cup. Am I crazy for being angry that the caoch said to the girls to "NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTs"? I mean you can put that in any context or fill in thE blank with anything and it seems pretty disturbing that a coach would say that. I'm thinking of pulling my kid from the team because of this. It's hard enough to raise a teenager, but to have your kids soccer coach to telll them to not listen to their parents? It seems hard to get over this comment. What do you think?

The coach is doing a Good job!. He is the coach! trust him. And please don't coach from the side lines

Comment

I would suggest that the parents of the B team all get together and find a club that you like and take your entire squad over there as a team as your current club does not care about you.
                                Unfortunately, that is probably not a realistic option.

What could and should have been something great has now been forever ruined. Two true State Cup contenders would be great. However, it appears that the overriding ego of the "A" team coach to wreck the "B" team is not only okay with the club, but worse, considered part of the normal course of how a club should operate. (Let's say we have two State Cup teams and then cripple the "B" team at roster freeze so the "A" team has a better chance to advance. All you "B" team parents better shut up because, after all, your daughter's still get to play State Cup. Of course, since you are on a State Cup team we must charge you the appropriate fees.)

What is really disgusting is that while the club touts development, instead you seem to get the raiding of the "B" team for the sole purpose of winning.

Shouldn't the "A" team players already be the top players? You also have to consider that if the "B" team players were of such quality to make a major impact, and better than the "A" team players who must have sat the bench, maybe the "A" team coach should be fired.

On it's face one could say that he/she obviously is doing a really poor job, if the "B" team attackers are better than the ones he/she has been training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X