Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN: Moderators

Is it possible to ban the IP addresses of those who bash clubs? Seems to me that this makes up the core of the negative posts, and it adds nothing to the forum - in fact, it significantly lowers the quality of the forum.

I'm tired of reading a good quality discussion only to have it stop dead because someone's personal agenda or axe falls on MPS, the Scorpions, the Bolts, or the Stars of MA.

Re: ATTN: Moderators

Originally posted by Nutmeg
    Is it possible to ban the IP addresses of those who bash clubs? Seems to me that this makes up the core of the negative posts, and it adds nothing to the forum - in fact, it significantly lowers the quality of the forum.

I'm tired of reading a good quality discussion only to have it stop dead because someone's personal agenda or axe falls on MPS, the Scorpions, the Bolts, or the Stars of MA.
    It may only be a couple of people. Because they post as guests it seems like alot but I think it is just a handful.

Comment

And who should define "bashing???

Comment

Obviously there is quite a lot of club promotion on this list which could be interpreted as "bashing" and much of it is. Some of the FO comments are also personal "bashing" which are much lower in IMO. Lots of muck in this group but many useful comments and information also. Grow a thicker skin or skip over the posts you don't like but let's stop the censorship talk.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with positive promotion of your club.

But there's no reason for the club bashing.

Comment

What's "club bashing" then? If an uniformed MPS supporter claims that Bolts will have a hard time replacing coaches (as commented last week) and therefore MPS will be just as good is that "bashing" or just a silly comment that should be ignored? Very subjective IMO so let's give the censorship crap a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              What's "club bashing" then? If an uniformed MPS supporter claims that Bolts will have a hard time replacing coaches (as commented last week) and therefore MPS will be just as good is that "bashing" or just a silly comment that should be ignored? Very subjective IMO so let's give the censorship crap a rest.
              Censorship crap? Uninformed MPS supporter?

Thanks for making my point.....

Comment

Your point being... that people that disagree with you should be censored? Yes, that's a point but not a very good one.

Comment

Your point being... that people that disagree with you should be censored? Yes, that's a point but not a very good one.
                  No, the point being that an MPS supporter must somehow be misinformed. That's the sort of thing that should not be tolerated.

Comment

But it's factually incorrect, ergo the MPS support is uninformed--that is a fact. Bolts have been inundated with applications for DOC and others. So by your censorship standards, correctly stating that someone is uninformed when they are indeed uninformed is "club bashing" and should be censored! You've proven my point: take the Nazi stuff someplace else.

Comment

But it's factually incorrect, ergo the MPS support is uninformed--that is a fact. Bolts have been inundated with applications for DOC and others. So by your censorship standards, correctly stating that someone is uninformed when they are indeed uninformed is "club bashing" and should be censored! You've proven my point: take the Nazi stuff someplace else.
                      *sigh*
                      :(

Comment

Unfortunately there are 2 problems I see with this

1. There is not enough Asprin or $$ for someone to make a job of monitoring this forum (discussion just seemed like the wrong word for 1/2 of what I read)

2.) Which is the bigger on most ISP?Broadband/FIOS... providers only give stativ IP addresses to Business level clients (these IP addresses are alaways the same) Consumer level subscribers get dynamic IP addresses which means you may be this address at one login but different at your next login depending on the e-traffic. Thus maming it impossible to block via IP.

possible solution
                        The only thing that could be done is to make it a login only post access. Which means you have to have an account and be logged in to reply or post to the forum. You could still read the forum unlogged in but no posting.

This way you can ID the inappropriate commentors.
                        Mind you having a difference of opinion is not inappropriate but it's all in how one says it.

Comment

I agree. Several forums I view will not allow posting unless registered and logged in with registered name. You can still be anon but you have to log in to post. You can read to your hearts content but you can't post. Maybe an idea however I feel the moderators are going to leave this status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by ForwardMom
                            I agree. Several forums I view will not allow posting unless registered and logged in with registered name. You can still be anon but you have to log in to post. You can read to your hearts content but you can't post. Maybe an idea however I feel the moderators are going to leave this status quo.
                            So why are you not registered?

Comment

Originally posted by Curiositykitty

Unfortunately there are 2 problems I see with this

1. There is not enough Asprin or $$ for someone to make a job of monitoring this forum (discussion just seemed like the wrong word for 1/2 of what I read)

2.) Which is the bigger on most ISP?Broadband/FIOS... providers only give stativ IP addresses to Business level clients (these IP addresses are alaways the same) Consumer level subscribers get dynamic IP addresses which means you may be this address at one login but different at your next login depending on the e-traffic. Thus maming it impossible to block via IP.

possible solution
                              The only thing that could be done is to make it a login only post access. Which means you have to have an account and be logged in to reply or post to the forum. You could still read the forum unlogged in but no posting.

This way you can ID the inappropriate commentors.
                              Mind you having a difference of opinion is not inappropriate but it's all in how one says it.
                              So why are you not registered?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X