Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did the staff still get paid, YES. So please explain how it’s a week argument? Doesn’t matter where the money came from NEFC still had to get it to pay the staff. So the point is correct the staff got paid.
    Well if you want to go at it from that angle, like the coaches got paid through some largesse on NEFC's part, so how dare they bite the hand, then you don't know the details of PPP loans. Since some compensation information was leaked in the email, it's easy to see that by staying employed, NEFC kept coaches' take-home pay pretty low. The highest pay I saw divulged was something like $28K. Unemployment in RI, on the other hand, would have provided that guy close to $1,000 a week after taxes. But by staying on the NEFC payroll, NEFC can use 25% of that forgivable loan for operating expenses other than payroll. So ultimately, NEFC got more benefit out of the coaches being paid than the coaches did.

Comment

Just yet another day in club soccer

Comment

Well if you want to go at it from that angle, like the coaches got paid through some largesse on NEFC's part, so how dare they bite the hand, then you don't know the details of PPP loans. Since some compensation information was leaked in the email, it's easy to see that by staying employed, NEFC kept coaches' take-home pay pretty low. The highest pay I saw divulged was something like $28K. Unemployment in RI, on the other hand, would have provided that guy close to $1,000 a week after taxes. But by staying on the NEFC payroll, NEFC can use 25% of that forgivable loan for operating expenses other than payroll. So ultimately, NEFC got more benefit out of the coaches being paid than the coaches did.
        You can try and say it how ever you want. The point is the coaches got paid. That’s FACT. Argument over. Next.

Comment

Isn't NEFC a "non-profit?" But complaining that their profit is being harmed?

Comment

Since some compensation information was leaked in the email, it's easy to see that by staying employed, NEFC kept coaches' take-home pay pretty low. The highest pay I saw divulged was something like $28K. Unemployment in RI, on the other hand, would have provided that guy close to $1,000 a week after taxes.
            Is that all full-time employment? If some coaches are part-time, then wouldn't they have to quit/get laid off from their primary jobs to get unemployment?

Comment

Isn't NEFC a "non-profit?" But complaining that their profit is being harmed?
              As you surely know, non profits still have to pay the bills and, in the case of a soccer club, would probably like to have some reserves and even some growth.

Comment

This isn't one coach and one team. This was a team of coaches blowing up an entire region. Surf should settle out of court for these coaches to be released from their obligation. Otherwise, the coaches will be financially obliged to do so if poaching is proven. Business is business.

Comment

As you surely know, non profits still have to pay the bills and, in the case of a soccer club, would probably like to have some reserves and even some growth.
                  I like how the letter is shared here to slam NEFC...... I would bet that some of the other big clubs have done something very similar

It's about money and when its taken away the gloves come off

Comment

Funny how BM gets all pissed off when coaches leave NEFC and kids follow the coaches. He had no problem when AS left WUP, Recruited, emailed and called players and took them and coaches with him to create NEFC West. This is just one example, NEFC is built on coaches defecting other clubs and taking their kids. Well BM! Comes around goes around.

Comment

Didn't NEFC poach Scorpions teams many moons ago to jump start their ascent? Karma, I guess.

Comment

This stuff happens. Parents join clubs following coaches. They also leave clubs due to poor coaching. Clubs need to take better care of their coaches and they wouldn't be leaving with players. Clubs also need to fire coaches that are bad and causing problems for teams. Owners are responsible for the mess not the parents or the coaches. Parents will only be "loyal" to their club if the club provides quality coaches, lots of player development, competition, and communication. Coaches will only stay if they are valued and paid well. Wake up clubs!

Comment

NEFC has this as part of playbook - threaten parents/kids, because they think they can get away with it. Hypocrisy abounds - you want to bring your teams to my club welcome. You want to leave....we are going to threaten to sue, threaten the parents and essentially kids. This isn't NEFC specific - it's all clubs.

Comment

Didn't NEFC poach Scorpions teams many moons ago to jump start their ascent? Karma, I guess.
                            100%. Just about 10 years ago. Multiple Scorpions teams were decimated. Now that the tables are turned, NEFC has an issue with it.

Comment

Not sure if already said but NEFC would never have become the club it is with poaching players from Scorpions when BB and PM came over with 3.5 teams and when FI came over with 2. What goes around comes around BM. They deserve everything they get and more.

Comment

Guess I should have looked at the last message.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X