Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How much money does JD make off all his FC Stars satellites?
    1.5 billion

Comment

There are plenty of parents responding to that email who are vehemently denying any coach approached them to follow coaches to Surf. My own kid's coach, one of the ones named in the email, basically hosted the regular weekly zoom meeting, said he was leaving, said he couldn't say anything else, and left the meeting. And we haven't heard a word from him since. This board was enough of a source to find out what happened and our team decided we would all follow him. So while there may indeed be a parent or two telling NEFC that they were solicited, there will be enough to say they weren't that any poaching charge won't stick.
      This is great, you followed the coach but didn’t know where he was going because he never said. You would have been screwed if moved to Surf CA, that would have been a long way to follow him.

Comment

Non compete agreements are essentially worthless to the employer in mass. Treat your employees and customers well and you wouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Non compete agreements are essentially worthless to the employer in mass. Treat your employees and customers well and you wouldn't have a problem.
          Right, cuz the employees are never in the wrong

Comment

Yeah, employees were treated badly getting full pay through the Pandemic while they planned their move to surf.

Comment

There are plenty of parents responding to that email who are vehemently denying any coach approached them to follow coaches to Surf. My own kid's coach, one of the ones named in the email, basically hosted the regular weekly zoom meeting, said he was leaving, said he couldn't say anything else, and left the meeting. And we haven't heard a word from him since. This board was enough of a source to find out what happened and our team decided we would all follow him. So while there may indeed be a parent or two telling NEFC that they were solicited, there will be enough to say they weren't that any poaching charge won't stick.
              I’m gonna call BS. I know, for a fact, that at least one of the coaches told his team in a meeting where he was going. He also had conversations with parents about moving. This was from a family with a player on the team.

My guess is Surf coaches are playing CYA right now so as to limit damage in any potential lawsuit

Comment

Subject: Violation of Coaches Employment Contracts

Hi NEFC families,

I write this letter to alert you -- the parents of one or more NEFC players -- to a developing situation that may affect you and your children.

NEFC has learned from various sources, including a number of NEFC parents, that several recently-resigned NEFC coaches may be trying to poach NEFC players for the benefit of another club. This kind of poaching is not only wrong, it violates the coaches' agreements with NEFC. We recently alerted those coaches of our concerns by means of the attached letters.

We are hopeful the coaches will abide by their agreements with us, including the non-poaching obligations those agreements establish. If the coaches elect not to, however, NEFC is prepared to file a lawsuit and seek damages and injunctive relief from them. This litigation will likely disrupt the upcoming season, including the seasons of any players who transfer to the other club because of the poaching.

Thank you for your continuing commitment to NEFC.

Regards,
                Brian Mazar - President, NEFC

Wow, panicked and pathetic. NEFC President threatening to use the court system to prevent children from playing soccer. But this is all about the kids right?

NEFC in a downward spiral...began when Hamblin left for Harvard...first the breakers partnership, then choosing Girls DA over Girls ECNL...then NB calling the ECNL "Mediocre" in a recorded zoom call. Backing the GAL which is copying the ECNL model but trying to convince parents that the GAL is superior to the ECNL with legitimately zero fact to back that up...San Diego Surf, California Thorns, FC Dallas, Real Colorado, Penn Fusion, Charlotte Soccer Academy, Real So Cal, NC Courage, United Futbol Academy, Dallas Texans just this year alone have all jumped into the ECNL but we are supposed to believe that GAL is better? How dumb do you think we are?

Funniest part was when the NEFC Boys ECNL announcement came out...

“Participating in the ECNL Boys is an exciting opportunity for our entire club,” commented NEFC Director of Coaching, Christian Battaglia. “We are committed to our mission of developing players in an elite environment. We embrace this opportunity to continue developing our players by exposing them to a fantastic group of ECNL clubs throughout the country. NEFC is looking forward to being a part of the ECNL platform for the 2020-2021 season.”

So the newly formed Boys ECNL is an "exciting opportunity", "elite environment", "Fantastic group of ECNL clubs"....and the Girls ECNL is "Mediocre" and not good enough for NEFC girls program....really well played NB...does anyone at NEFC actually speak to one another? Good for the boys but bad for the girls LOL.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next! And guess what if you don't like it and want to bring your child to a different club the president will email you and threaten to sue you!
                BooHoo to them. Like they haven’t done their share of “ poaching”. It will just come back to bite them in the arse. Can’t stand cry babies, that can dish it but can’t take it. This isn’t the premier league. It’s kids playing a kids game. These clubs need to get over themselves.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, employees were treated badly getting full pay through the Pandemic while they planned their move to surf.
                    NEFC got the forgivable government PPP loan, so this is a weak argument.

Comment

Agreed. Youth soccer coach is a fairly narrow title and employers can’t stop you from earning a livelihood. The employer would need to prove they were harmed (kinda hard for an established club like NEFC to do against an upstart) and be on the hook to prove these coaches stole players and they didn’t just voluntarily follow them to a new club. Lawsuit is just a scare tactic, but it sounds like NEFC are the ones scared.

Comment

NEFC got the forgivable government PPP loan, so this is a weak argument.
                        Did the staff still get paid, YES. So please explain how it’s a week argument? Doesn’t matter where the money came from NEFC still had to get it to pay the staff. So the point is correct the staff got paid.

Comment

I don't think this is a situation that makes ANYONE in the club soccer industry look good.

Comment

Agreed. Youth soccer coach is a fairly narrow title and employers can’t stop you from earning a livelihood. The employer would need to prove they were harmed (kinda hard for an established club like NEFC to do against an upstart) and be on the hook to prove these coaches stole players and they didn’t just voluntarily follow them to a new club. Lawsuit is just a scare tactic, but it sounds like NEFC are the ones scared.
                            Your right I think the only possible way NEFC can make a complaint is if the coaches are offering parents a discount at the new club. Or if the coaches use an email list of all the necf parents at the club to send out stuff about the new club.
                            Once parents are paid up they are free to leave. You can’t tell a person who is paying for a service where they can and can’t go.

I don’t think NEFC was complaining when they brought in the 2 coaches from scorpions years ago or even the other coach a few years ago. They started regions for these coaches. You don’t think those coaches “poached” players? So I don’t think you can say it was okay then wrong now.

Comment

Players can go wherever they want, but those coaches cannot coach them. Contracts matter even in MA.

Your right I think the only possible way NEFC can make a complaint is if the coaches are offering parents a discount at the new club. Or if the coaches use an email list of all the necf parents at the club to send out stuff about the new club.
                              Once parents are paid up they are free to leave. You can’t tell a person who is paying for a service where they can and can’t go.

I don’t think NEFC was complaining when they brought in the 2 coaches from scorpions years ago or even the other coach a few years ago. They started regions for these coaches. You don’t think those coaches “poached” players? So I don’t think you can say it was okay then wrong now.

Comment

I'm a parent and I've recently been receiving mailings from the new club even thought I've never signed up for info there. It isn't impossible that the new organization is using coaches' access to contacts.

That much is true.

I think the clubs really have to think carefully about what they offer, and why they think the families will be loyal to the club vs. loyal to their coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X