X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Kids, NCAA extends Dead Period AGAIN

Hot off the presses:
    NCAA extends dead period through end of July which means NO ID Clinics, NO camps, NO coaches allowed to do any in person meeting or recruiting on or off campus. Just screws the kids if you ask me.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hot off the presses:
    NCAA extends dead period through end of July which means NO ID Clinics, NO camps, NO coaches allowed to do any in person meeting or recruiting on or off campus. Just screws the kids if you ask me.
    Who asked you?

Comment

My kid is already committed.

Comment

Hot off the presses:
        I agree. I think allowing in person meetings with social distancing would be ok. I get no camps or ID clinics at this point, but by the time they are allowed, college teams will be starting to get back and the coaches will be focusing on them.

Comment

Face to face and no campus visits only doosh.Sorry your kid was passed by sometimes parents think their kids are the greatest when in reality they are park rec caliber.

Comment

Face to face and no campus visits only doosh.Sorry your kid was passed by sometimes parents think their kids are the greatest when in reality they are park rec caliber.
            Feel better about yourself now? Clearly insecure about your player . . . Anyone who posts, only to belittle someone's kid is always deeply insecure. If you really have a world beater, you have no need for this, Paul H. excepted.

Comment

Ignoring the doosh and implications of parent delusion. What are your interpretations of the update? Are calls allowed? Video calls? email Correspondence?

Comment

Ignoring the doosh and implications of parent delusion. What are your interpretations of the update? Are calls allowed? Video calls? email Correspondence?
                yes,
                yes, and yes
                text too.

follow on IG too.
                it sucks for the Kids AND the coaches. kids have to work harder now to get and keep attention of coaches. the ones that want it already know

Comment

I agree. I think allowing in person meetings with social distancing would be ok. I get no camps or ID clinics at this point, but by the time they are allowed, college teams will be starting to get back and the coaches will be focusing on them.
                  If it’s safe for teams to be having practices (true for some states like Georgia already), then why isn’t it safe for ID camps? Either it’s safe or it’s not. Is everyone going to move to Utah so they can play soccer? What percentage of Utah is Mormons? Christians and Church of Soccer fanatics might take over Utah just to play soccer.

Comment

If it’s safe for teams to be having practices (true for some states like Georgia already), then why isn’t it safe for ID camps? Either it’s safe or it’s not. Is everyone going to move to Utah so they can play soccer? What percentage of Utah is Mormons? Christians and Church of Soccer fanatics might take over Utah just to play soccer.
                    It’s not the camp part, it’s the ID part.

Comment

Just wait, you think the 2021's have it bad, they are talking not contact with 2022's until January, no calls, texts, emails which would have been coming up on June 15. The 2022's are truly going to be a lost class if it happens. No games to be watched and no discussions and answering questions... thanks NCAA.

Comment

Just wait, you think the 2021's have it bad, they are talking not contact with 2022's until January, no calls, texts, emails which would have been coming up on June 15. The 2022's are truly going to be a lost class if it happens. No games to be watched and no discussions and answering questions... thanks NCAA.
                        Take a deep breath. The 22's will be fine. They'll have games to be scouted. The 21's lost the spring, showcases, summer visits and camps, and most likely will miss most of the fall.

Comment

Where are you seeing this?

Comment

Take a deep breath. The 22's will be fine. They'll have games to be scouted. The 21's lost the spring, showcases, summer visits and camps, and most likely will miss most of the fall.
                            Truly the worst situation for the 2021s.

Comment

Truly the worst situation for the 2021s.
                              plenty of D3 schools with roster spots. Choose the school and not the program!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X