Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You see what I mean? Very few small clubs cease to exist in this current environment. It’s sad how all the big clubs are eating up the little guys. Welcome to America. Land of opportunity.
    If you’re promoting playing for a small, local club, shouldn’t you be happy to name one or more that you recommend?

Comment

The amount of bullsh*t being slung around is astounding. The sheer vindictiveness of various competing club staff members, to go out of their way to spread misinformation, with the obvious intent to deceive parents who stumble onto this board while just trying to do some research to make better informed decisions. A lot of this stuff is obvious, but there are probably some parents reading who don't realize what a cesspool this place is.
      Says a Surf employee

Comment

Says a Surf employee
        So what if it IS a Surf employee? Doesn't mean it's not true.

Comment

Did you throw in the bit about a meeting in an attic just to make is sound more conspiratorial?
          No, because I was told from the horse's mouth that that's where they met. Good try!

Comment

So what if it IS a Surf employee? Doesn't mean it's not true.
            Considering Surf employees have been slinging around a fair amount of their own bs, it is hard to say.

Comment

What is the selling point of Surf, that so ma y coaches and players would be willing to jump ship? No ECNL. No GA. No DPL. No NPL.

NEFC South girls were RI state champs or contenders in many age groups, national champs in at least one age group, and played NPL. Why would the families and coaches jump to a new club that isn’t in any of the top leagues? I’m obviously missing a key selling point of Surf. What is it?

Comment

Considering Surf employees have been slinging around a fair amount of their own bs, it is hard to say.
                Not saying you're wrong, maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention. But from the communications I've gotten from Surf (the RI affiliate), I've been told what the basic structure of the region is, how the teams will be set up (but that this setup might change after the first year), where practices/games will be, and that they could possibly be playing in NEP or EDP (but nothing definite yet). So nothing overly detailed, and unless they're outright lying about who's coaching and where the fields are, I don't feel like any of it could be called bs. Based on what I've been reading on this site, which is always questionable, the thing about them possibly playing in NEP sounds like it's probably not true. But I'm open to being enlightened on anything else they've been saying that's not true, or even questionably true.

Comment

NEP is not a "top" league and has a pathway to NPL based on who you know. NECSL/EDP/USYS Nat Conferences are a better path for many of these people Stop drinking the NEP koolaid.

Comment

Not saying you're wrong, maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention. But from the communications I've gotten from Surf (the RI affiliate), I've been told what the basic structure of the region is, how the teams will be set up (but that this setup might change after the first year), where practices/games will be, and that they could possibly be playing in NEP or EDP (but nothing definite yet). So nothing overly detailed, and unless they're outright lying about who's coaching and where the fields are, I don't feel like any of it could be called bs. Based on what I've been reading on this site, which is always questionable, the thing about them possibly playing in NEP sounds like it's probably not true. But I'm open to being enlightened on anything else they've been saying that's not true, or even questionably true.
                    Great sign me up.
                    Not sure what league we will be in it could be GA,ECNL, NPL, DPL, NEP, EDP or something we will make up and maybe we will have fields and Coaches. It will also cost between $2000-3500
                    Sounds like something I can’t turn down. Please give me contact info to their DOC and coaches as they haven’t posted it on their Website.
                    Can’t wait. I’m going to have all my daughters friends join as well.

Comment

Great sign me up.
                      Not sure what league we will be in it could be GA,ECNL, NPL, DPL, NEP, EDP or something we will make up and maybe we will have fields and Coaches. It will also cost between $2000-3500
                      Sounds like something I can’t turn down. Please give me contact info to their DOC and coaches as they haven’t posted it on their Website.
                      Can’t wait. I’m going to have all my daughters friends join as well.
                      Meh, at the ages I'm dealing with, those upper leagues aren't much of a concern. EDP may or may not be a step down from NEP, depending on who EDP has signed up for next year, and also depending on whether RI teams will go west to play the CT teams or north to play the more questionable teams up in MA/NH/VT. Coaches and fields are set though. If the league situation turns out to suck, as I said, I'm dealing with the younger ages, so there's an opportunity to reassess a year from now.

Comment

At least one Surf coach is telling players they will be competing in DPL next year. No idea if that’s true.

(For sake of full disclosure my daughter is at a different club where she is staying, we didn’t contact Surf, information came through a parent in our town).

Comment

At least one Surf coach is telling players they will be competing in DPL next year. No idea if that’s true.

(For sake of full disclosure my daughter is at a different club where she is staying, we didn’t contact Surf, information came through a parent in our town).
                          That is likely BS at least for now. Things are changing quickly so who knows who will be playing where next year, but as of now, Surf has not been announced as a DPL club for the Fall.

This time of year, coaches are salesmen trying to get families to sign for next year. The less scrupulous will say whatever they think the family needs to hear. Those of us with morals tell the truth and let parents make decisions based on facts.

Comment

That is likely BS at least for now. Things are changing quickly so who knows who will be playing where next year, but as of now, Surf has not been announced as a DPL club for the Fall.

This time of year, coaches are salesmen trying to get families to sign for next year. The less scrupulous will say whatever they think the family needs to hear. Those of us with morals tell the truth and let parents make decisions based on facts.
                            I had the same impression. Thought it odd that Surf would jump straight into DPL. Believe it says something about the integrity of the coach and club that they were promising DPL for next year which seems dubious at best.

Comment

I had the same impression. Thought it odd that Surf would jump straight into DPL. Believe it says something about the integrity of the coach and club that they were promising DPL for next year which seems dubious at best.
                              You’re forgetting one thing, the real surf owns/runs the whole DPL. Surf NE will squeeze in somehow

Comment

If you check the DPL webpage and look at the About page, that might give it away.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X