Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will CV19 impact College Recruiting Going Forward?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will CV19 impact College Recruiting Going Forward?

I keep reading about sports programs being eliminated and budgets being slashed. Covid clearly will impact how recruiting will be going forward. What are your thoughts about how things will change?

My thoughts:

I think you’ll see more regional recruiting and less attendance at national showcases that require coaches to travel coast to coast.

Elimination of coaching staff. You’re going to see hiring freezes on support staff and multiple asst. coaches making it harder for smaller programs to recruit.

I expect colleges to run a lot lore ID camps to fundraise. I think ADs will require programs to do a lot more fundraising to keep low performing programs from being eliminated.

More emphasis on recruiting players with strong academics to offset lower athletic scholarship offers.

On the men's side, being full pay will become one of the things a coach factors into the desirability of a player.

Zoom meetings with recruits will continue. Fewer unofficial visits.

Comment

I think you’ll see the exact same thing as previous years in July and Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I think you’ll see the exact same thing as previous years in July and Aug.
        Not a chance in hell.

Comment

For D1, the NCAA is currently considering extending the "dead period" through July 31 (it's currently July 1) for 2021's, and also not allowing the 2022's to be contacted until January 1 next year, instead of this coming June 15. Hasn't been voted on yet, but it's likely coming.

Comment

The Class of 2021 is DOA

The Class of 2022 will be on life support

The Class of 2023 will at least be afforded the opportunity to plan ahead

Comment

For D1, the NCAA is currently considering extending the "dead period" through July 31 (it's currently July 1) for 2021's, and also not allowing the 2022's to be contacted until January 1 next year, instead of this coming June 15. Hasn't been voted on yet, but it's likely coming.
              This means D3, with their ability to contact players and the potential for financial aid, will absolutely clean up among the 21's and 22's.

Comment

It will all be back to normal as soon as the elections are over don’t you worry you bunch of sallies.

Comment

It will all be back to normal as soon as the elections are over don’t you worry you bunch of sallies.
                  Knuckle dragging mouth-breathers are so cute.

Comment

Isn’t the dead period already extended to July 31? I agree with the poster who mentioned fewer official visits. In fact, i think you’ll see a lot of self-pay unofficials. Lastly, any remaining D1 spots for 2021 will likely be full-pay to close out the roster and save $$ for next year’s class. If you’re going to pay full pay, players should be sure it’s the school they want to really be at. 2022s will be fine. Just delayed a bit. You’ll see a wave of commitments early Jan/Feb with them and later.

Comment

Announced today- Dead period for all D1 sports has been extended through July 31.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X