•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We thought maybe he died of Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      $70K and 4 kids? That's not middle class in Eastern Massachusetts. Before worrying about soccer, I suggest you invest in a vasectomy or tell your wife to keep her legs shut.
      I’m not sure where you read the poster lived in Eastern Massachusetts.

Comment

I’m not sure where you read the poster lived in Eastern Massachusetts.
        The OP does live in Eastern Mass and his wife or ex-wife is a psychiatrist. He actually makes well less than 70K.

But, playing along, 70K with four kids, is at best at the low end of lower middle class anywhere in the state. And why isn't the wife working?

You know a post/thread is a fake when the OP refuses to answer basic, easy questions.

Comment

My 11 year old daughter plays in the premiership of NEP. She plays futsal in the winter. She is a straight A student. She is a starter on her team and very skilled, juggling over 5,000 and practicing foot skills every day. Her goals are to play high school and college soccer. We had plans to take her to some ECNL trainings over the spring, but with everything going on that did not happen. She will stay with her current NEP team for next year. My question is- we are an middle class family, my wife stays home and I make about $70,000. Does my daughter need to play ECNL to be recruited? We live in a location that would make it very difficult to get to any of the ECNL clubs. We have 3 other children. With my income and her grades I imagine she would receive some financial aid. Thank you for your time reading this.
          Ok, I’ll bite assuming you aren’t a troll. With your income and 4 kids, best advice is to focus on academics rather than athletics to get college aid. You probably have a 100% chance of success going that route if her grades and your financial situation are the same in 6+ years whereas athletics is a total crap shoot. Contrary to everything you’ll hear here, there are NO full soccer scholarships and athletic scholarships are only year-to-year vs. many scholastic scholarships that are for all 4 years. Whether she wants to/is good enough to play ECNL and you want to shell out some serious $ and time driving her to distant practices is a totally different question and totally up to you, but not one you should be in a hurry to answer in 5/6th grade. Best advice - don’t get sucked in given your situation.

Comment

Ok, I’ll bite assuming you aren’t a troll. With your income and 4 kids, best advice is to focus on academics rather than athletics to get college aid. You probably have a 100% chance of success going that route if her grades and your financial situation are the same in 6+ years whereas athletics is a total crap shoot. Contrary to everything you’ll hear here, there are NO full soccer scholarships and athletic scholarships are only year-to-year vs. many scholastic scholarships that are for all 4 years. Whether she wants to/is good enough to play ECNL and you want to shell out some serious $ and time driving her to distant practices is a totally different question and totally up to you, but not one you should be in a hurry to answer in 5/6th grade. Best advice - don’t get sucked in given your situation.
            While rare, I disagree that there are "NO Full scholarships" for girls. Mine had 2 full offers. P5 guaranteed for 4 years. Not alone on her team in that situation. I do agree it's not a dependable strategy, but don't put something in ALL CAPS simply because it wasn't your truth.

Comment

While rare, I disagree that there are "NO Full scholarships" for girls. Mine had 2 full offers. P5 guaranteed for 4 years. Not alone on her team in that situation. I do agree it's not a dependable strategy, but don't put something in ALL CAPS simply because it wasn't your truth.
              Of course you did. Please link the NLI offers so we can all see.

Comment

???? You can't link the NLI offers. They are between the family, of player/player, club coaches and school adm/coaches. I know others similarly situated as far as multiple full offers including p5.

Not the norm but not out of the question either.

Comment

What do you recommend, BTNT?
                  There you are? I thought you were blocked. Haven't used your standard phrase in quite some time.

Comment

Not any more...

Comment

There you are? I thought you were blocked. Haven't used your standard phrase in quite some time.
                      Never blocked. Just don't call out when the person isn't here.

Comment

We thought maybe he died of Covid.
                        No such luck

Comment

Not any more...
                          What does this mean? Schools don't give full rides anymore to current or future recruits? I know current in various leagues. I can't speak to recruits although I have been told they are supposed to receive when NLI's are executed.

Comment

OP, what have you learned so far?

Got any video you can share of your amazing kid?

She's not a twin is she?

Would she love to go to Duke, or does your 11 year old have her heart set on a NESCAC?

Comment

Um... she's still a junior. so yes, there is risk to all juniors ('21s) that offers may be retracted. In her case, she chose another school anyway, so not worried

Comment

OP, what have you learned so far?

Got any video you can share of your amazing kid?

She's not a twin is she?

Would she love to go to Duke, or does your 11 year old have her heart set on a NESCAC?
                                Not Duke. They never win.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X