Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Tophat trying to join ECNL still, why play GAL

So we hear Tophat is trying a last ditch effort on joining ECNL, they will accommodate traveling to meet last second requirements. What does that do to the league they just created.

Will they send their second team to GAL? and third to DPL

What kind of competition will my daughter get at GAL?

Where the hell is Prime coaching list?

Is playing for Jerome worth it just for practice if we win every game 5-0?

Where do you hear this ECNL rumor? I'd bet it is ECNL making a last ditch effort to get Tophat to move over. That would be huge for them.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So we hear Tophat is trying a last ditch effort on joining ECNL, they will accommodate traveling to meet last second requirements. What does that do to the league they just created.

Comment

Tophat creates GAL , i doubt they will put their top girls on any team other than GAL - they want GAL to be the league to go

Have a good weekend AH

Comment

Top hat has a petition on Change.org

Atlanta are politics are always entertaining

Comment

https://www.change.org/p/the-ecnl-bo...ptance-in-ecnl

Tophat's application to the ECNL was denied in late April due to the Southeast Conference being complete with 12 teams in each age group (11 Clubs). However, several other conferences have more than 12 teams in each age group. In fact, the ECNL continues to add new member clubs for the upcoming 2020/2021 season. As recent as May 12th the Northwest Conference added a new club which brings that conference to 23 teams in each age group. Decisions are still being made. Conferences are still evolving.
          The ECNL can expand the Southeast Conference to add Tophat!

According to the ECNL application for member clubs, Tophat exceeds the criteria. And having been a part of the ECNL up until this year, Tophat and their players are very familiar with the ECNL core values. Tophat innovates girls to be the best they can be. Tophat accepts diversity. Tophat creates many opportunities for all players. Tophat provides the best development they can so a player can reach excellence. #tophathasnoceiling
          The ECNL should want Tophat, a 'PLAYERS FIRST' Club!

Since April 15th, the ECNL has been focused on building the boys program. They continue to add clubs to conferences all over the nation.
          The boy's ECNL Southeastern Conference now has 19 teams per age group. Compared to the girl's ECNL Southeastern Conference with 12 teams per age group.

NASA (North Atlanta Soccer Association) and Tophat Soccer Club merged in 2016 becoming NTH NASA/Tophat.
          NASA is the boy's program. Tophat is the girl's program.
          NASA boys teams compete in the ECNL.

NTH NASA/Tophat is the only ECNL club in Georgia to not have both boys and girls ECNL.
          The ECNL should accept Tophat! The ECNL should want NASA's sisters!

The Players Story
          In March, life as we knew it, came to a screeching halt. Schools shut their doors, virtual learning rolled out, soccer stopped, ‘shelter in place’ went into effect, and the only social connection we could have is 6’ apart or over FaceTime. Life was on pause. Then US Soccer announces they were shutting down the Development Academy immediately. As we try to stay focused on our assignments, stay in shape for the minute we can get back on the fields, do our best to stay connected with our teammates amongst all the rumors of what will happen, April 15th sent us into a spiral that left us lost. Already in the midst of COVID19 and no one understanding what the future really holds, for so many of the players, the question mark with soccer just exasperated the feelings of anxiety and sadness. It is so confusing that US Soccer would just shut the doors and not provide or help put together a plan for the players and their clubs. But also just as confusing is why the ECNL would not want some of the most competitive clubs and their players in the ECNL.

Comment

I hope they get in. That way my daughter finally realizes shes wasting her time at weston. she goes to college in two years, i need her out of there

Comment

you are the parent, get her out of there! wussy

Comment

I let my kids make their own decisions too, but you have to think about their future and force a move to a more competitive system.

Comment

Where do you hear this ECNL rumor? I'd bet it is ECNL making a last ditch effort to get Tophat to move over. That would be huge for them.
                  Come on now, verse yourself in facts: Tophat frantically tried to get back into ECNL when they found out their DA house is burning down. Tophat had upperhand in the past and blew off ECNL for DA. My, my how things have changed.

Key points: 1. GAL and DPL are now living off of spinoff hopes as a result of the DA demise.
                  2. Tophat, being the giant club that it is, will eventually exit the GAL/DPL system.
                  3. Follow the breadcrumbs for a GAL/DPL forecast.

Comment

TopHats second team is GAL and third team is DPL already

Comment

TopHats second team is GAL and third team is DPL already
                      IF (and that is a big IF) they manage to get back into ECNL, it will be interesting to see if there is crossover within the club between the leagues. Presently, its frowned upon for a ECNL selection to intertwine its teams with GAL/DPL.

Comment

I have no inside information, but If Tophat was really trying to get back into ECNL I think they would have been able to negotiate a deal by now.

I think it would be in the best interest of ECNL to take back Tophat to deal a deathblow to GAL so I wonder if Tophat really reapplied. Something doesn't seem right.

Comment

I have no inside information, but If Tophat was really trying to get back into ECNL I think they would have been able to negotiate a deal by now.

I think it would be in the best interest of ECNL to take back Tophat to deal a deathblow to GAL so I wonder if Tophat really reapplied. Something doesn't seem right.
                          Yeah, it's real, and Tophat will not get into ECNL because of their baggage. This thread on the GA soccer forum gives all of the details. Hubris is Tophat's undoing.

https://gasoccerforum.com/thread/484...-on-change-org

Comment

Tophat is not getting back into ECNL for 20-21.

Comment

Tophat is not getting back into ECNL for 20-21.
                              ECNL knows they hold all the good cards. They'll let TopHat, NEFC and a few others they'd like to get squirm for 20/21. Spring of next year they'll deal the GA death knell by finally letting them in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X