NEFC Southeast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That letter smacks of desperation. If I had a kid on one of their teams I would be searching for another club. This is the kind of stuff which is going to kill club soccer. The Players First badge should be revoked from NEFC as that doesn’t appear to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That letter smacks of desperation. If I had a kid on one of their teams I would be searching for another club. This is the kind of stuff which is going to kill club soccer. The Players First badge should be revoked from NEFC as that doesn’t appear to apply.
      Come on, it’s all about $$$. NEFC losing players which means losing $$$.
      NEFC coaches moving to surf for more $$$. How can it be about the kids when Surf will be playing in a less competitive leagues. These coaches are just using our kids for their own benefit which is again $$$$. Club soccer is a scam

Comment

Interesting. GPS tried that with Juventus coaches in court and lost. I wonder why NEFC thinks it would work in this case against Surf. Families can do what they want and have zero obligation to NEFC. This definitely seems like a last-ditch effort to save the region.

Bottom line it's the kids & families that choose to move and that will always be the argument in courts! Which is why they won't have a leg to stand on. It's the same for those stating similar threats coming out of Steel United towards their recent staff departures over to Seacoast. They can threaten fines and League suspensions blah blah blah but if/when it went to court,...it would be hard-pressed to say it wasn't the kid's or family's decision to move where the coaches do.

Comment

The responses from parents continue to trickle in, and none of them are positive. The term "class action" has been brought up, regarding the cheap refunds offered. If he sent this disgraceful, smarmy, tone-deaf email out, at 9:30 on a Saturday night, without running it by the board, I don't see him keeping his job. If the board was aware and approved, then families in other NEFC regions should start looking for alternatives. It's a bad enough look when you send something out that shows your true colors by sharing just how petty and vindictive you're choosing to be. But throwing in a threat at any player who decides to leave.... that's just disgusting.

Comment

This email demonstrates a remarkable lack of judgement and leadership. One might expect better coming from the former SVP of HR and Investor Relations (of all things) at Waters Corp.

Comment

Come on, it’s all about $$$. NEFC losing players which means losing $$$.
              NEFC coaches moving to surf for more $$$. How can it be about the kids when Surf will be playing in a less competitive leagues. These coaches are just using our kids for their own benefit which is again $$$$. Club soccer is a scam
              First of all, it isn't a less competitive league.

Second, player development is a lot more than league play. Thinking like this is what allows parents to be easily manipulated by misinformation. You should worry as much or more about the quality of coaching and training.

I'm sorry, but if you look like a sheep and you act like a sheep, then you will eventually turn out like every other sheep. Pull yourself together and actually think on your own for a minute. Geesh!

Comment

Second, player development is a lot more than league play. Thinking like this is what allows parents to be easily manipulated by misinformation. You should worry as much or more about the quality of coaching and training.

I'm sorry, but if you look like a sheep and you act like a sheep, then you will eventually turn out like every other sheep. Pull yourself together and actually think on your own for a minute. Geesh!
                So you’re one of the people that have followed the coaches to Surf. So you made your own mind up and you’re not a sheep for following the coaches?
                How do you know it’s quality coaching when you have never been coached by anyone else and you the SHEEP has now followed the same coach to surf?????
                And I’m pretty sure your Mrs looks like a sheep 🐑

Comment

I’ve had coaches recruit my player and pitch the benefits of numerous leagues over the years. If I had listened to them and not done my own research, my kid’s journey to play college soccer would have been derailed numerous times. Maple/NSL, NEP, NPL, EDP, DA, ECNL. Here is the reality: At U8/9, the league didn’t matter, just that the kid was playing, having fun, and learning. It wasn’t until U13 that we as a family started caring about the level of competition and still that wasn’t the biggest driver, coaching, teammates and convenience were. Here we are in High School and kid is ECNL and on track for recruitment, at least before covid19.

Nothing wrong with NEP at the younger ages. Be wary of long travel before high school, it isn’t necessary. Find a cosch who knkws the game and can teach it. One who isn’t just about the win early on. By U14 for girls and U15 for boys, if your kid needs the top competition and exposure, go for it. The top leagues for boys and girls are clear. It’s the middle that is a mess. None of this really matters if your kid is just going to play through high school and that’s it.

Comment

None of this really matters if your kid is just going to play through high school and that’s it.
                    Which contrary to how many talk on this board the majority of girls club players of HS age are only thinking of playing through HS and/or maybe DIII.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X