Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sports in phase 2?

There is no guarantee that Youth Sports allowed with some restrictions in Phase 2 will actually include contact sports like soccer... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maine is not open. Educate yourself. 14 day quarantine required all summer.

Most people are NOT traveling this summer. Those kids that are grinders will be happy to stay home and play soccer while Mia and Chad hang out at some trashy campground in NH. Have fun.
      Maine changed their quarantine order to a suggestion. Maine is open, come on up.

Comment

It's nice that you'll be on vacation, so you don't want anyone else to hopefully play.
        We're dealing with leagues that take all summer to put a fall schedule together with fields they are positive will be open. How will they create a modified summer schedule when every town could handle this differently.

What games would actually be played anyway?

Comment

Showcases sorry you are not in the loop

Comment

The coronavirus will be doing a press conference tomorrow to outline its multi-phased approach to ratcheting up infections and death. Phase One is wait for stupid humans to re-open.

Comment

What qualifies as a "practice?" If the policy doesn't spell that out, then you could easily say "this end of the field is a practice and that end of the field is another practice" and split the team into a group at each end. Not quite the full team practice, but they'd still all be present.
              I’m assuming this means 10 players per field. Unless a club owns its own fields, where will they practice? What schools will even allow clubs to use their fields and accept all
              The liability that goes along with it? If schools are closed, their fields are most likely closed too?

Comment

Practices less than 10 people in June. Tournaments with limited fans and 6 feet apart in July. Labor Day tournaments on as scheduled. High School soccer on as scheduled!
                I heard nothing about schools or school sports. I’ve spoken to AD and district MD and they are saying remote learning this fall remains likely. I guess tome will tell.

Comment

Best case scenario: “Some activities” for youth sports are allowed to resume.

Phases last AT LEAST 3 weeks.

Best case scenario: Games with restrictions are allowed starting June 29th.

What games would those be? People will be on vacation in Maine or NH where citizens are allowed to roam free, unencumbered by Massachusetts’ phase system.

Keep in mind that any upward fluctuation of any of their Covid measurements pushes Phase 3 out even further. My guess is that games won’t resume until Labor Day.
                  Maine and NH requiring 2 week quarantine for out of state visitors. How is that working?

Comment

Scrap spring/summer and just start up in the fall. Your clubs should have made plans for this and if they haven't its likely because they can't afford a refund/rebate. Will you really get your moneys worth trying to get something together for a season in July and August. WHY????
                    Move on and focus on a fall season.

Comment

So think return to practice will be no contact. Everyone keeps six feet apart with no sharing of equipment. Parents or non players/coaches stay in their cars. Masks will be optional. Temperature checking isn’t going to happen it’s just going to be up to the parents to send their kid or not. Again this doesn’t mean anything if fields can’t open.

Comment

Showcases sorry you are not in the loop
                        Multistate travel is not a good idea right now. Local games, maybe some local small tournaments but that's it.

Comment

Scrap spring/summer and just start up in the fall. Your clubs should have made plans for this and if they haven't its likely because they can't afford a refund/rebate. Will you really get your moneys worth trying to get something together for a season in July and August. WHY????
                          Move on and focus on a fall season.
                          Start pre season earlier than usual, like beginning of August, but I agree trying to salvage anything else is futile. It's also subject to change, which if that happens just makes it worse. Cut bait now, plan for August.

Comment

I’m assuming this means 10 players per field. Unless a club owns its own fields, where will they practice? What schools will even allow clubs to use their fields and accept all
                            The liability that goes along with it? If schools are closed, their fields are most likely closed too?
                            Incorrect. The guidance says 25 people per playing surface, including players and coaches. No games or tournaments and limited spectators during phase 2. I don’t know about your kid, but my kid would def go to just practices starting on 6/8.

Comment

The coronavirus will be doing a press conference tomorrow to outline its multi-phased approach to ratcheting up infections and death. Phase One is wait for stupid humans to re-open.
                              Oh no! Let's hide...!

Comment

Start pre season earlier than usual, like beginning of August, but I agree trying to salvage anything else is futile. It's also subject to change, which if that happens just makes it worse. Cut bait now, plan for August.
                                Totally agree. Start early August.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X