Orlando City MLS Academy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This came from parents who got selected not the south Florida mafia, they have been MIA since the Covid 19 shut down the season. Well Jr has been doing trainings at the local parks and posting all about it to feed that ego of his and to try and pick up the next CP or GR.
    #FireMN
    #FireAL

Comment

I want to explain why I disclose information I know about the OC academy.
      I watched this past Tuesday as leadership sat with a parent and told them how everything is fine, they look forward to their son playing this upcoming season and are happy with his play/development. They explain when the dad asked about playing up and training with the older team and how they would ensure he gets that training and will receive professionally level coaching to help him achieve his dream.
      This is great and normally you would feel proud of how we interact and treat our families and players.
      Not two minutes after this dad left out of the office smiling and I am sure feeling good about this meeting, the leadership start laughing and making fun of the dad, laughing how little this dad knows about soccer and then joking how they are not even sure if they were going to select and keep his son for next season. They even ridiculed the player and his dad personally instead of just making factual statements about talent or development. WHY? I understand as a coach you must evaluate the players and tough decisions are involved, but why lie or mislead the families and players. This could have been handled so much better. We as a club need and should be better than this.
      I want us to hold ourself to a higher standard and make our club prestigious and a organization that players gravitate to and even if not selected they would walk away understanding everything was done and handled as a professional club should.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I watched this past Tuesday as leadership sat with a parent and told them how everything is fine, they look forward to their son playing this upcoming season and are happy with his play/development. They explain when the dad asked about playing up and training with the older team and how they would ensure he gets that training and will receive professionally level coaching to help him achieve his dream.
        This is great and normally you would feel proud of how we interact and treat our families and players.
        Not two minutes after this dad left out of the office smiling and I am sure feeling good about this meeting, the leadership start laughing and making fun of the dad, laughing how little this dad knows about soccer and then joking how they are not even sure if they were going to select and keep his son for next season. They even ridiculed the player and his dad personally instead of just making factual statements about talent or development. WHY? I understand as a coach you must evaluate the players and tough decisions are involved, but why lie or mislead the families and players. This could have been handled so much better. We as a club need and should be better than this.
        I want us to hold ourself to a higher standard and make our club prestigious and a organization that players gravitate to and even if not selected they would walk away understanding everything was done and handled as a professional club should.
        WOW! Those this lack of professionalism/behavior run into ocys as well?

Comment

That's pretty standard practice and attitude for soccer clubs. These coaches would be cleaning our pools or mowing our lawns if we weren't funding their ideocracies.

Comment

Thank you AN. We know you are the only one over there with ethics at the moment. Get out while you can. Eventually LM and OP will pull the plug on those in charge over there and bring in their own people to run it properly. Another 2-3 year setback for OC ..........

Comment

We were told the roster is pretty much set, they will only keep two 05's from the current team, a defender and midfield player that came in mid-season. They have two 04 GK's ,one is from south florida along with us and three others. Should be a really solid side this season everyone.
              The midfielder is only getting on because of his brother making ocb. A good amount of current 05 players have been trying out other places the last few weeks including Ideasport.

Comment

How is the 2008 age group

How is the 2008 age group?

Comment

WOW! Those this lack of professionalism/behavior run into ocys as well?
                  Let me guess, MN,AL and JC. Same crab we had to put up with in Weston, just be honest and tell the player and parents. Most can actually handle it quite well and understand and expect that type of honesty so they can make or work on improvements discussed.

Comment

Let me guess, MN,AL and JC. Same crab we had to put up with in Weston, just be honest and tell the player and parents. Most can actually handle it quite well and understand and expect that type of honesty so they can make or work on improvements discussed.
                    So will this academy especially at the higher age groups be able to compete and win games this year?

Comment

So will this academy especially at the higher age groups be able to compete and win games this year?
                      In Florida yes. Outside the state no.

Comment

In Florida yes. Outside the state no.
                        I'm sure against teams from lots of states they would. Quality opponents from out of state more times then not, no.

Comment

I think they only have two age groups this year and I am unsure if they will be competitive. If you look at records for those two age groups last season, no they will not be. Of course they could turn over the roster and change that. So who knows.

Comment

I think they only have two age groups this year and I am unsure if they will be competitive. If you look at records for those two age groups last season, no they will not be. Of course they could turn over the roster and change that. So who knows.
                            I thought I heard they have new players from south florida on their roster for the upcoming year.

Comment

I thought I heard they have new players from south florida on their roster for the upcoming year.
                              They do, they added a handful from several other former DA clubs.

Comment

How are the purple kool aid drinkers this week? You guys good?
                                Was that positive supreme overlord?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X