Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why are you dead against the advancement of these sports?
    Maybe the drought will bring out people. These are affordable family events.
    The WNBA has been around for what, 20 years? Yet even with the infinitely more popular sport of the basketball they still can't turn a profit and the games average about 6K in attendance. It's not happening any time soon. It's just reality, a combination of low interest in soccer and even lower interest in women's sports. Building off a small base is still a small base. Men's soccer is barely inching ahead.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-nwsl-wa...154409340.html

The WNT are killing their own case. Currently the WNT players continue to be paid despite not playing. So they don't want to play in upcoming tournament for their club teams. Continue to show how they hold themselves differently.

Jerks. They should think of their club teammates. They are lucky to hide behind the federation.

Would love to see ussf scrap the holdouts. People lost their jobs with nothing. They have jobs and are refusing.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-nwsl-wa...154409340.html

The WNT are killing their own case. Currently the WNT players continue to be paid despite not playing. So they don't want to play in upcoming tournament for their club teams. Continue to show how they hold themselves differently.

Jerks. They should think of their club teammates. They are lucky to hide behind the federation.

Would love to see ussf scrap the holdouts. People lost their jobs with nothing. They have jobs and are refusing.
        First, it seems you have a sexist view on this. Where’s your venom for MLS, MLB, NBA, NFL, etc? Those men’s leagues haven’t put forward concrete plans to resume and many of their players have voiced reservations when plans are floated. You do know that these men are still getting paid millions $ under their contracts even though they aren’t playing, which makes the $100k the NWSL women are getting look like nothing. Why only bash women?

Second, not sure how they are killing their own case or showing any sort of laziness based on the article. It says clearly that some of the older USWNT are concerned with being injured in this tournament format on artificial surfaces and not being able to play then in the Olympics. All it sounds like is that they prefer the Olympics to this tournament and it’s hard to blame them for worrying over missing that.

Finally, this whole thing shows how ass-backward soccer is in this country. Women carry the soccer torch here and are 10x more successful than the men internationally, but get the short end of the stick. Instead of supporting them and making a strong pro league (which unfortunately the NWSL isn’t); everything is run by US Soccer who controls their careers through national team participation. It’s like saying Michael Jordan and the rest of the NBA Dream Team should have their careers dictated to them by the US Olympic Committee rather than participation in the NBA. These women know their bread is buttered by US Soccer and that NWSL is just it’s pawn.

Comment

Finally, this whole thing shows how ass-backward soccer is in this country. Women carry the soccer torch here and are 10x more successful than the men internationally, but get the short end of the stick. Instead of supporting them and making a strong pro league (which unfortunately the NWSL isn’t); everything is run by US Soccer who controls their careers through national team participation. It’s like saying Michael Jordan and the rest of the NBA Dream Team should have their careers dictated to them by the US Olympic Committee rather than participation in the NBA. These women know their bread is buttered by US Soccer and that NWSL is just it’s pawn.
          How are they getting the short end of the stick?

Comment

First, it seems you have a sexist view on this. Where’s your venom for MLS, MLB, NBA, NFL, etc? Those men’s leagues haven’t put forward concrete plans to resume and many of their players have voiced reservations when plans are floated. You do know that these men are still getting paid millions $ under their contracts even though they aren’t playing, which makes the $100k the NWSL women are getting look like nothing. Why only bash women?

Second, not sure how they are killing their own case or showing any sort of laziness based on the article. It says clearly that some of the older USWNT are concerned with being injured in this tournament format on artificial surfaces and not being able to play then in the Olympics. All it sounds like is that they prefer the Olympics to this tournament and it’s hard to blame them for worrying over missing that.

No sexist view. I happen to be female and would like them to succeed. But when you give your other female teammates the bird because you are drawing a steady income and they are not, it does not give a good image.
            Conversely the other pro teams you reference are paying each player based on that player's contract and then some are getting the league minimum which is still a liveable amount.
            In the wnt's case and nwsl, most are getting tbe league minimum and some are not. So it kind of seems like those being paid are not interested in helping those that are not.
            I believe in the team chain being only as strong as its weakest link. Wnt seems to be just a lot of links no desire to be a strong chain.

Comment

And the 2020(21) Olympics, if they occur, are well over a year away.

Comment

No sexist view. I happen to be female and would like them to succeed. But when you give your other female teammates the bird because you are drawing a steady income and they are not, it does not give a good image.
                Conversely the other pro teams you reference are paying each player based on that player's contract and then some are getting the league minimum which is still a liveable amount.
                In the wnt's case and nwsl, most are getting tbe league minimum and some are not. So it kind of seems like those being paid are not interested in helping those that are not.
                I believe in the team chain being only as strong as its weakest link. Wnt seems to be just a lot of links no desire to be a strong chain.
                The article is a lot of hearsay. There is no quote by a USWNT saying they won’t play because they get a good (relative term) salary. The article sounds like it was written by a NWSL owner who wants to play divide and conquer by pitting USWNT players against non-USWNT players by making up stories.

If you believe in women’s soccer, then really you should be more critical of the NWSL owners and their twisted reliance on US Soccer to pay their stars salaries. These are multi-million or billionaires who can afford to promote and pay their own teams. Let them fish around in their change pockets and come up with their OWN $100k for ALL their players (or more) and then go tell US Soccer to f*ck off. That would be moving pro soccer in the right direction. But doing what they do now and treating 90% of their players (non-USWNT) to sh*t pay and then turning around and throwing shade at the USWNT that they don’t pay a dime to is just BS.

Comment

The article is a lot of hearsay. There is no quote by a USWNT saying they won’t play because they get a good (relative term) salary. The article sounds like it was written by a NWSL owner who wants to play divide and conquer by pitting USWNT players against non-USWNT players by making up stories.

If you believe in women’s soccer, then really you should be more critical of the NWSL owners and their twisted reliance on US Soccer to pay their stars salaries. These are multi-million or billionaires who can afford to promote and pay their own teams. Let them fish around in their change pockets and come up with their OWN $100k for ALL their players (or more) and then go tell US Soccer to f*ck off. That would be moving pro soccer in the right direction. But doing what they do now and treating 90% of their players (non-USWNT) to sh*t pay and then turning around and throwing shade at the USWNT that they don’t pay a dime to is just BS.
                  https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/05/26...nt-coronavirus

SI gets confirmation before printing. And no one disputing in their social media. Sometimes the silence tells the tale.

Comment

I am happy there are teams for NWSL. The wnt ladies should be as well. Otherwise they can go play overseas (not really now) and fade into oblivion in the states. NWSL keeps them relevant.

Comment

It is an honor to represent your country in any sport. Not the other way around.

Comment

I am happy there are teams for NWSL. The wnt ladies should be as well. Otherwise they can go play overseas (not really now) and fade into oblivion in the states. NWSL keeps them relevant.
                        Then why don’t you go play for them? $20k/yr and share an apartment with your teammates.

https://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/arti...ion-guidelines

Can do better at Starbucks...

Comment

Then why don’t you go play for them? $20k/yr and share an apartment with your teammates.

https://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/arti...ion-guidelines

Can do better at Starbucks...
                          Maybe they would rather play soccer than work at Starbucks

Comment

Maybe they would rather play soccer than work at Starbucks
                            Not the WNT's. NWSL is beneath them. I hope their clubs cut them.

Would rather go to battle with reliable teammates who work part time at Starbucks than a bunch of prima donnas.

Comment

Do you really think logic works on the liberals and feminazis?
                              Clearly not as much as conservative / the real nazi supporters!

Get over yourself! If you're married I feel bad for your wife being married to such a chauvinist. I'm glad that they have been losing their lawsuits but I respect them as human beings and females just like I respect my friends and family that vote Democrat even though I have voted Republican for a good 20 years.

Can't stand people like you that feel the need to inject politics into every response they make because your mind is incapable of having real meaningful thoughts or any real critique to hold an actual discussion. Pea brains can hold that much knowledge I suppose.

I hope the women don't get anything that they are looking for but I don't have to refer to them like you do because I'm a better person then that. You're not worth a spit off the bottom of my shoes with your response.

Comment

Beaten by a u14 boy’s team and they expect me to watch them. No thankS.

Pffft. The game is so slow and drab to watch.

Megan Rapinoe, vial creature.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X