Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid doesn't play for Best, but small clubs like this are not likely to survive if they can't collect any deposits now for the fall.
    They get what they deserve by playing for a club called "Best FC". Worst name in youth soccer

Comment

They get what they deserve by playing for a club called "Best FC". Worst name in youth soccer
      Is that necessary? Do you feel good about yourself?

Comment

Clubs aren't going to give refunds. Get ready for them to start asking for payments for the Fall. Most people will probably pay because they will be afraid of losing the spot. Or there will be big promises and people will pay.

Comment

Clubs aren't going to give refunds. Get ready for them to start asking for payments for the Fall. Most people will probably pay because they will be afraid of losing the spot. Or there will be big promises and people will pay.
          I can tell you families with college recruiting aged players in ECNL right now will absolutely pay as there is more demand for those spots than available spots, especially with the demise of DA. Don’t put a deposit down or wait to register and you lose your spot to a SSS or NEFC girls guaranteed. This is my own view as a parent of a player in this situation and having talked with some other parents. Call it 55-60 spots per age group between 3 teams and 2 clubs. Everyone’s situation is not the same...

Comment

I have talked to our DOC and know that NEFC, Stars, Aztec's and GPS are NOT giving refunds. They will be first offering additional training and camps and then partial credits. It has also been talked about to cancel tryouts and keep last seasons team the same and make adjustments when games restart.

Thoughts?
            Boohoohooo.
            You’ve heard for years about clubs profit plans.
            Nobody’s fault but your own.
            Nobody’s got any money to pay back with.

Additional training?? Five day a week now? Plus games?
            Sounds like never-ending threads on overuse injuries.

Comment

There will be mass exodus if NEfc doesn’t give out refunds or credits

Comment

I can tell you families with college recruiting aged players in ECNL right now will absolutely pay as there is more demand for those spots than available spots, especially with the demise of DA. Don’t put a deposit down or wait to register and you lose your spot to a SSS or NEFC girls guaranteed. This is my own view as a parent of a player in this situation and having talked with some other parents. Call it 55-60 spots per age group between 3 teams and 2 clubs. Everyone’s situation is not the same...
                That makes a lot of sense for those 60 spots. It doesn't make sense for players at other clubs and especially players who are not on the top team.

Comment

There will be mass exodus if NEfc doesn’t give out refunds or credits
                  And where are they going to go??

Comment

BA just announced he’s giving 50% refunds to all Bolts families! WhT a guy!

Comment

We received this from my son's club BEST FC. No talk of refunds or credits. There is NO WAY I will be putting down a deposit till we have confidence teams will be playing this fall. Zoom is not an acceptable player training.

As in prior seasons, all current players will be offered a BEST FC roster spot for the 2020-2021 season. In order to receive a roster spot invitation, please go into your account and register for the “2020-2021 BEST FC Team Tryout”. Once registered, you will receive a player acceptance. There is no fee to register for tryouts.

· There will be no increase in team fees for next season.

· The initial deposit required to secure a roster spot will be lowered from $500 to $200.

· Families will have the option to pay the balance of player fees over an extended period of time.

· Families will have the option to pay the yearly fee in full and, in turn, will receive a $150 discount off of the yearly fee.
                      While I feel for the BEST FC owners, I’m both shocked and disappointed to see this email. Poorly played BEST FC.

Comment

While I feel for the BEST FC owners, I’m both shocked and disappointed to see this email. Poorly played BEST FC.
                        I suppose the alternative is that they don’t take any deposits, the club folds, and your kid can go back to town soccer or join the 4th team at NEFC or stars.

Comment

BA just announced he’s giving 50% refunds to all Bolts families! WhT a guy!
                          Lie .... ****ing lie

Comment

I suppose the alternative is that they don’t take any deposits, the club folds, and your kid can go back to town soccer or join the 4th team at NEFC or stars.
                            If you think these teams will fill up in June I can’t help you. And yes, small clubs may fold but they may fold after they take the deposits also. BEST isn’t a club that attracts the super wealthy like the bigger clubs. They cater to the middle class of the boroughs. And they do a great job.

Comment

If you think these teams will fill up in June I can’t help you. And yes, small clubs may fold but they may fold after they take the deposits also. BEST isn’t a club that attracts the super wealthy like the bigger clubs. They cater to the middle class of the boroughs. And they do a great job.
                              I’m not judging the job that this club does. My kid has friends from our town that play there. Just saying that they likely don’t have much cash in reserve, so if all of the parents decide they are not putting up a deposit, they will likely be looking for a new club when things resume.

Comment

Lie .... ****ing lie
                                Agreed, by my calculation he owes DA families 41%.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X