Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryouts being advertised

I had an email from a club advertising their tryouts for June. Some clubs really are ran by complete idiots SMH

Mass city sent out tryouts dates for early June. No way the spring season starts before June

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Mass city sent out tryouts dates for early June. No way the spring season starts before June
      Wouldn't the tryouts be for the Fall season? Assume Spring rosters are set?

Comment

Wouldn't the tryouts be for the Fall season? Assume Spring rosters are set?
        Clearly the tryouts are for next year. But having them before the "spring" season happens is like having tryouts in March

Comment

Clearly the tryouts are for next year. But having them before the "spring" season happens is like having tryouts in March
          In a typical scenario, I would agree with you. This is far from a typical scenario, though.

Considering there likely won't be a spring season, the planning for Fall should be underway.

Comment

Could be worse: http://www.pdasoccer.org/pda-north-b...l-tryouts-2020

Comment

Jeeezus....

Sounds like when I didn't make my freshman baseball team as we held tryouts in the gym...playing wiffleball. Coach says" those who played in XYZ league, I am familiar with you. Those coming from the TVW league, I will be making my assessments based on what I've seen in the last two days."

I wished I practiced hitting that Bugs Bunny curveball better....

Comment

In a typical scenario, I would agree with you. This is far from a typical scenario, though.

Considering there likely won't be a spring season, the planning for Fall should be underway.
                Some areas might not be able to have June tryouts - maybe have to be done closer to when school starts. or just later in the summer since it's doubtful many will be taking summer vacations or to to sleepaway camps this

Comment

Some areas might not be able to have June tryouts - maybe have to be done closer to when school starts. or just later in the summer since it's doubtful many will be taking summer vacations or to to sleepaway camps this
                  Right. So, what's the harm in getting it on the calendar two months away. Can always move it if we aren't out and about.

Trying to figure out where today's ire is coming from in the original post. I mean...I get some people just wake up and find something to be bothered about, but this one seems a stretch.

Comment

Girls will do much better with the virtual tryouts since they can use the right filters and edit better ;)

Comment

Good luck with those June tryouts CJ...not happening

Comment

No School, No June tryouts... nice try CJ

Comment

If my kids played for a club posting tryout info I would be asking them what next years fees are. I would also want to know what the plan is for the spring since they can apparently see into the future. Good luck with Smash, I mean, Mass City.

Comment

If my kids played for a club posting tryout info I would be asking them what next years fees are. I would also want to know what the plan is for the spring since they can apparently see into the future. Good luck with Smash, I mean, Mass City.
                            Did they seriously advertise and start the tryout registration? They can't be serious? What refunds or credits are they giving out for the spring?

Comment

When are tryouts this year???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X