Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Isn't Pre-ECNL the same thing as the U13 NPL?
    YES it is

Comment

not there best player at all. One seems to think that but they will be strong this year you watch and then you will others stepping up. Wake up its not about one player its a whole team but some dont see it that way and thats why there are issues
      Which team are you talking about?

Comment

You miss the entire point...Being prepared for the next level does NOT mean that a scholarship is needed. Over 50% of kids that play college soccer are not on scholarship. My goal for my kid is for her to go where she wants to go from an education standpoint. After that is decided, I would like her to be prepared to walk-on and be a contributing member of a college team by time she is a junior or a senior IF she so chooses. I firmly believe that soccer in college has many many positives...it teaches organization and efficiency in your classwork....it provides an immediate social network, and provides exercise among many other things. Playing ECNL greatly increases the chance at a scholarship because more and more colleges are specifically looking to ECNL teams(especially the successful ones). But let me make this clear...a scholarship is NOT the goal with our family.

Also, what you do not understand is that there were two CDL teams. WFP and the U12 team playing up. The WFP team will be playing NPL not the U12 team playing up. If you look here
        http://winter.cdleague.com/standings.aspx you will see that they finished 1st in CDL. They were registered under Strictly soccer(West Fla Flames). Like it or not Brandon/WFF is the best opportunity for kids in this area and all of Tampa on the girls side.
        You are incorrect. The Brandon U12 team that played up in U13 CDL with the crappy record this past season will be the U13 NPL team. The WFP will be the U14 NPL team. So I understand, it is you that does not. Sorry if you were mislead by your club.

Comment

You are incorrect. The Brandon U12 team that played up in U13 CDL with the crappy record this past season will be the U13 NPL team. The WFP will be the U14 NPL team. So I understand, it is you that does not. Sorry if you were mislead by your club.
          You clearly said in your last post "did you see the U13 CDL record for this past year" So please be clear next time. Also, given the discussion has all centered around ECNL and players paying on NPL when they dont dress its easy to understand why you are confused and confusing others...And my daughter starts on AN ECNL team.

Comment

You clearly said in your last post "did you see the U13 CDL record for this past year" So please be clear next time. Also, given the discussion has all centered around ECNL and players paying on NPL when they dont dress its easy to understand why you are confused and confusing others...And my daughter starts on AN ECNL team.
            Do you really think anyone would notice the WFP team that played under Strickly??

Comment

Do you really think anyone would notice the WFP team that played under Strickly??
              Actually, I think a ton of people would miss it which is why i corrected the poster. I merely said "what you dont understand...." and went on to explain that the WFP team was the NPL team and not the team with the crappy record...thats all...and i wasnt being mean

Comment

You miss the entire point...Being prepared for the next level does NOT mean that a scholarship is needed. Over 50% of kids that play college soccer are not on scholarship. My goal for my kid is for her to go where she wants to go from an education standpoint. After that is decided, I would like her to be prepared to walk-on and be a contributing member of a college team by time she is a junior or a senior IF she so chooses. I firmly believe that soccer in college has many many positives...it teaches organization and efficiency in your classwork....it provides an immediate social network, and provides exercise among many other things. Playing ECNL greatly increases the chance at a scholarship because more and more colleges are specifically looking to ECNL teams(especially the successful ones). But let me make this clear...a scholarship is NOT the goal with our family.

Also, what you do not understand is that there were two CDL teams. WFP and the U12 team playing up. The WFP team will be playing NPL not the U12 team playing up. If you look here
                http://winter.cdleague.com/standings.aspx you will see that they finished 1st in CDL. They were registered under Strictly soccer(West Fla Flames). Like it or not Brandon/WFF is the best opportunity for kids in this area and all of Tampa on the girls side.
                You keep telling yourself this, you talk about your goal for her. Bet she would prefer to play in games and not only train. You will see that in 2 years, she will be done with soccer. Don't put pressure on her because she has ruined your dreams. It is not her fault you are a failure.

Comment

Actually, I think a ton of people would miss it which is why i corrected the poster. I merely said "what you dont understand...." and went on to explain that the WFP team was the NPL team and not the team with the crappy record...thats all...and i wasnt being mean
                  This thread was started 2 weeks ago, regarding U13s for next season. So you are way off here, buddy.

Comment

You keep telling yourself this, you talk about your goal for her. Bet she would prefer to play in games and not only train. You will see that in 2 years, she will be done with soccer. Don't put pressure on her because she has ruined your dreams. It is not her fault you are a failure.
                    LOL...you are laughable....When you start to see that the arguement has been made and your cornered you turn to the old your a failure and a bad parent routine? HAHAHAHAHAHA On a side note, you have no clue what her preferences are and if you bet on it you would lose your money

Comment

LOL...you are laughable....When you start to see that the arguement has been made and your cornered you turn to the old your a failure and a bad parent routine? HAHAHAHAHAHA On a side note, you have no clue what her preferences are and if you bet on it you would lose your money
                      Neither do you Pops...

Comment

If posting this makes you feel better, have at it...

Comment

Neither do you Pops...
                          I'll tell you what...I will ask her after her next ECNL game. She will be on the field so I will have to wait until after the game to ask her. :) Good luck to you next season.

Comment

D r

So how is the ECNL thing shaping up. Is it true that there are 22-24 girls on the team? My daughter did not try out for ECNL (no she probably was not good enough...got that in before the jack arse) Not sure that I would want her on a 22 player team. I really do want to hear how it is working out. Also during the try out was there any players that were asked not to return, meaning that they did not make the cut or did they just add more players.

Comment

So how is the ECNL thing shaping up. Is it true that there are 22-24 girls on the team? My daughter did not try out for ECNL (no she probably was not good enough...got that in before the jack arse) Not sure that I would want her on a 22 player team. I really do want to hear how it is working out. Also during the try out was there any players that were asked not to return, meaning that they did not make the cut or did they just add more players.
                              There is no U13 team. If you are talking about the U14 team here is a link to the ECNL webpage for the team. http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....2500/TEAM.html

The U14 team is 4-1-1 and currently having significant injury issues. There has been 1 ACL tear, and 1 broken ankle. We have one bad sprained ankle and a bunch of nagging muscle pulls. Other then that the season is going well and the girls are playing well. We have 19 on the roster (3 goalies). Two goalies travel and the other plays NPL. We travel 18 kids and the one goalie that doesnt make the trip plays NPL. But yes going pretty well.

Comment

D r

Thanks,.....sorry for the injuries. Was this a true tryout where they turned players away or did they take the money from anyone willing to pay. Also I thought at the start of the season they were rostering 22+ players. How many are on the NPL team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X