Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll be honest too, FESA will not survive long term. I am willing to bet it is gone within 5 years and SB will be long forgotten because he has no legacy any where.
    I could be wrong but I rarely am. I think Bubb knows this is his last chance to fix the competitive clubs especially on the girls side. Dean Blain is a legit coach but the main question is can he survive with Bubb? Bubb can not afford another wash out and he knows it. Bubb failures to date on the girls side can be summed up two ways:

1) he relied too much on Mike Pickett (and his sidekick BS) and his private school recruiting scheme to poach top talent and stack strong teams at FESA; this got them so far but fizzled out. 2) The development and talent ID at younger ages under Scotty/Alberto is horrid as the reindeer games prevail. Yes. They can stack teams and win on the baby fields but so could really anybody with the talent pool at FESA. Once they move onto to real ECNL competition full sided on full fields, you see the lack of development and losing commences. If Bubb was smart, he would limit Scotty/Alberto influence to U10 and under and get some serious coaching up to U12 from there to get them ready.

The other thing you may notice or not IF Bubb is serious is whether Bubb is willing to demote 2-3 players from all ECNL girls teams to keep competition real and reward up and comers who deserve their opportunity. That is when you will know if he has the guts to deal with whining parents and is serious about winning or more focused on the same-old chase of money, politics, and reindeer games.

Comment

I could be wrong but I rarely am. I think Bubb knows this is his last chance to fix the competitive clubs especially on the girls side. Dean Blain is a legit coach but the main question is can he survive with Bubb? Bubb can not afford another wash out and he knows it. Bubb failures to date on the girls side can be summed up two ways:

1) he relied too much on Mike Pickett (and his sidekick BS) and his private school recruiting scheme to poach top talent and stack strong teams at FESA; this got them so far but fizzled out. 2) The development and talent ID at younger ages under Scotty/Alberto is horrid as the reindeer games prevail. Yes. They can stack teams and win on the baby fields but so could really anybody with the talent pool at FESA. Once they move onto to real ECNL competition full sided on full fields, you see the lack of development and losing commences. If Bubb was smart, he would limit Scotty/Alberto influence to U10 and under and get some serious coaching up to U12 from there to get them ready.

The other thing you may notice or not IF Bubb is serious is whether Bubb is willing to demote 2-3 players from all ECNL girls teams to keep competition real and reward up and comers who deserve their opportunity. That is when you will know if he has the guts to deal with whining parents and is serious about winning or more focused on the same-old chase of money, politics, and reindeer games.
      Seems like players are moved down from ecnl if there is a legit player to take their place.

Comment

Why demote? Keep adding. Ecnl players can take up to 30 something on a roster. Covid times require bigger rosters.

Comment

Why demote? Keep adding. Ecnl players can take up to 30 something on a roster. Covid times require bigger rosters.
          Having the right number on roster is always a challenge depending on playing time, injuries, etc. but you basically don't need a few marginal players sucking up playing time because their stanky mommies figure out how to get in Berto's pudgy underwear.

Comment

Seems like players are moved down from ecnl if there is a legit player to take their place.
            Demotions from the top team are very rare. If you keep paying, you keep playing. The become roster fillers and kill the team when they have to get some obligatory playing time. Maybe would not be bad if they just could rot the bench and their lunatic parents could deal with that but they don't. If you have to backbite, buttkiss, and get dirty to get their kid the spot, they are not going to stop there. My favorites are the C team parents that got sloppy with coaches to get their kid on the B team but now think they are A team material because their reindeer games worked for them before.

Comment

So last minute changes from open training sessions to team training this week?

Comment

Having the right number on roster is always a challenge depending on playing time, injuries, etc. but you basically don't need a few marginal players sucking up playing time because their stanky mommies figure out how to get in Berto's pudgy underwear.
                The daddies do it with discrete tactics.

Comment

Daddies lie

The daddies do it with discrete tactics.
                  Discrete Daddies lie...game film doesn't.

Does 2007 ECNL FESA and JFC have film online?

Link?

Comment

Discrete Daddies lie...game film doesn't.

Does 2007 ECNL FESA and JFC have film online?

Link?
                    Wow. JFC letting BS call the shots. Daughter on advanced team and bring all her friends along from FESA. Awesome. Can't wait to see the knives come out.

Comment

Knives

Wow. JFC letting BS call the shots. Daughter on advanced team and bring all her friends along from FESA. Awesome. Can't wait to see the knives come out.
                      Foot Powder Plot conspirator's lack of experience in the dark arts of club management have provided JFC parents time to explore a plan B, instead of the last minute B team option they had intended to offer as a reasonable alternative. I've already noticed the uptick in unfamiliar/and familiar JFC faces at Veterans.

Comment

Foot Powder Plot conspirator's lack of experience in the dark arts of club management have provided JFC parents time to explore a plan B, instead of the last minute B team option they had intended to offer as a reasonable alternative. I've already noticed the uptick in unfamiliar/and familiar JFC faces at Veterans.
                        hahahahahahahaha. good one. Boringgggggggg!

Comment

Except that some of those JFC faces are not just bubble players with potential but very good ones JFC can ill afford to lose. Let's be honest. If you could get Bubb and the jokers at JFC out of your head and just focus on the coach slated for next year, FESA wins very easily. One guy (at FESA) has won NCs. The other guy (at JFC) is the champion of cellar dwelling and Pickett's water boy. Winner FESA!

Comment

Daughter is also playing up an age group and is likely weakest player on team. That dynamic will make it fun to watch. When little Mary gets moved down for an 08 player that isn’t better than her; boom parents head explodes.

Comment

Daughter is also playing up an age group and is likely weakest player on team. That dynamic will make it fun to watch. When little Mary gets moved down for an 08 player that isn’t better than her; boom parents head explodes.
                              How did you determine she’s likely the weakest player on the team? Have you seen her play? She is an excellent technical player, and has a very strong work ethic. I’m a FESA parent on a different team, but I’ve seen this kid play over the years and she is really very good. Though the story you’ve dreamed up would suit your purposes, it’s really lousy to talk about a genuinely kind and polite kid you don’t even know. Honestly even playing up, she and 2 others are the biggest blow to the FESA 07 ECNL. The others are good, but not great, and likely don’t usurp any starters on the current JFC team. That said, they’re much better than what’s been left behind.

Don’t be such a creep. You want to complain that someone’s coaching their own kid, I can see that. But don’t criticize individual 12 year olds, it’s incredibly slimy.

Comment

How did you determine she’s likely the weakest player on the team? Have you seen her play? She is an excellent technical player, and has a very strong work ethic. I’m a FESA parent on a different team, but I’ve seen this kid play over the years and she is really very good. Though the story you’ve dreamed up would suit your purposes, it’s really lousy to talk about a genuinely kind and polite kid you don’t even know. Honestly even playing up, she and 2 others are the biggest blow to the FESA 07 ECNL. The others are good, but not great, and likely don’t usurp any starters on the current JFC team. That said, they’re much better than what’s been left behind.

Don’t be such a creep. You want to complain that someone’s coaching their own kid, I can see that. But don’t criticize individual 12 year olds, it’s incredibly slimy.
                                I've seen her play a hundred times and do know her actually. That 07 team has a ton of good players. She's good also but not great. That's all i was saying. The only player from FESA that isn't replaceable is JD. Period.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X