Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone want to predict elite 8, final 4, finals, and champions?

I say NFM or clay win it all, with the possibility of Kendal, CG, or OCYS making a fight
    Haha. That's not a prediction.

Comment

I say NFM or clay win it all, with the possibility of Kendal, CG, or OCYS making a fight
      It will be one of those five teams for sure.

Comment

It will be one of those five teams for sure.
        Kendall won't make it past GPS in the round of 16

Comment

Clay is terrible they lost 4-0 to OC and haven't had good showings since. They won't win ****.

Comment

Ah and so.......

And this would be different in Texas or California because why? And you would somehow be this judge of talent in these 2 states because why? Truth is DA is far above club soccer in every area where DA is available including Florida. Any top club team in Florida would easily lose by 4-5 goals to DA teams. And most club players, including your own I'm sure, would be playing DA if given the opportunity or if they made the team.
            to be expected....Always lurking in the bulletin board shadows the DAJPD (Development Academy Justification Police Department) ready to take up the mantle of "Truth"

Comment

You must be stoned! Top club teams may have a couple of DA caliber kids but trying to argue that any club team can compete with any Fla DA team is just goofy & shows you have no idea what you are talking about! LOL
              Those that Clearwater Kool Aid taste good? OH YEAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ARSEFAN4 View Post
                to be expected....Always lurking in the bulletin board shadows the DAJPD (Development Academy Justification Police Department) ready to take up the mantle of "Truth"
                Good call ARSEFAN4. So true. lol.

Comment

We are just a week away from Round of 16 & Quarterfinals. There are three groups of teams as I see it:

Contenders
                  Long shots
                  No chance

Let's start with the no chance, as these teams just don't have the team strength to not falter in any of the next 4 games:
                  Ives
                  NFM-Red
                  Davie
                  Lake Worth
                  Strictly
                  Coral Springs United
                  Real Madrid
                  Leg-AZ

The next group is the long shot teams. These teams are unlikely to win, but if the "play up" against the contenders and the contenders don't perform their best, they could (conceivably) win with a lot of luck. Maybe even a draw going to PK's to advance:
                  Clay
                  ADCY
                  Kendall
                  GPS

I know some are picking Clay to win it, but they haven't been demonstrating consistent performance and have had a lot of close games against marginal teams lately.

That leaves the contenders. This group is very close competition-wise and, like most year, the winner is going to need to play well consistently and even then a little good luck will be needed to take home the title:
                  WFF-Brandon
                  The defending champs came out and took care of business in Round 2. The coach is the secret sauce and counting out this team would be a mistake.

Coral Gables Last years runner-up, played up big when they had to against Weston. The only team to make it to the finals every year for this age group, they have to be considered a contender as well.

OC A semifinalist last year that lost to WFF in PKs and a very solid team. They must avoid a letdown like their game against S. Orlando. Consistency wins the title.

NFM-BlackWinner of FSPL this year. They had a very weak Round 2 group this year, which can work against a team. It can make a team overconfident and hard to keep peak playing level against easy competition.

Here's how I see the matches for Round of 16:

WFF-Brandon vs. Coral Gables A rematch of last year's finals, should be a close and tough game. In this matchup I think the coaching nod (and the win) goes to WFF-Brandon.

Ives vs. NFM-Red I think Ives should win this.

OC vs. Strictly Strictly is outmatched, but if the S. Orlando OC team shows up they will have trouble. An underperformance by OC opens the door for a Strictly upset.

NFM-Black vs. Lake Worth This game should be no problem for NFM-Black.

Clay vs Davie Can Davie be the spoiler? Will the Cinderella story continue? No. Davie progressed out of a weak group. Their 4-0 loss to OC shows they are not yet ready for Prime Time, Clay for the win.

ACYS vs. CSU CSU was another weak team blessed by the draw, ACYS will have no problem.

Real Madrid vs. Leg-AZ This should be a pretty tough game, it's a coin toss but I will give the nod to Real Madrid

Kendall vs. GPS Both teams came out of tough brackets in Round 2 and are pretty evenly matched. Another coin toss, but somebody has to win. Pick Kendall

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                    We are just a week away from Round of 16 & Quarterfinals. There are three groups of teams as I see it:

Contenders
                    Long shots
                    No chance

Let's start with the no chance, as these teams just don't have the team strength to not falter in any of the next 4 games:
                    Ives
                    NFM-Red
                    Davie
                    Lake Worth
                    Strictly
                    Coral Springs United
                    Real Madrid
                    Leg-AZ

The next group is the long shot teams. These teams are unlikely to win, but if the "play up" against the contenders and the contenders don't perform their best, they could (conceivably) win with a lot of luck. Maybe even a draw going to PK's to advance:
                    Clay
                    ADCY
                    Kendall
                    GPS

I know some are picking Clay to win it, but they haven't been demonstrating consistent performance and have had a lot of close games against marginal teams lately.

That leaves the contenders. This group is very close competition-wise and, like most year, the winner is going to need to play well consistently and even then a little good luck will be needed to take home the title:
                    WFF-Brandon
                    The defending champs came out and took care of business in Round 2. The coach is the secret sauce and counting out this team would be a mistake.

Coral Gables Last years runner-up, played up big when they had to against Weston. The only team to make it to the finals every year for this age group, they have to be considered a contender as well.

OC A semifinalist last year that lost to WFF in PKs and a very solid team. They must avoid a letdown like their game against S. Orlando. Consistency wins the title.

NFM-BlackWinner of FSPL this year. They had a very weak Round 2 group this year, which can work against a team. It can make a team overconfident and hard to keep peak playing level against easy competition.

WFF-Brandon vs. Coral Gables A rematch of last year's finals, should be a close and tough game. In this matchup I think the coaching nod (and the win) goes to WFF-Brandon.

OC vs. Strictly Strictly is outmatched, but if the S. Orlando OC team shows up they will have trouble. An underperformance by OC opens the door for a Strictly upset.

Clay vs Davie Can Davie be the spoiler? Will the Cinderella story continue? No. Davie progressed out of a weak group. Their 4-0 loss to OC shows they are not yet ready for Prime Time, Clay for the win.

ACYS vs. CSU CSU was another weak team blessed by the draw, ACYS will have no problem.

Real Madrid vs. Leg-AZ This should be a pretty tough game, it's a coin toss but I will give the nod to Real Madrid

Kendall vs. GPS Both teams came out of tough brackets in Round 2 and are pretty evenly matched. Another coin toss, but somebody has to win. Pick Kendall
                    "Secret Sauce" Not so secret, I'd say. Your coach is giving you his "secret sauce" all over your face and you love it. Freaking inbreeds.

Comment

"Secret Sauce" Not so secret, I'd say. Your coach is giving you his "secret sauce" all over your face and you love it. Freaking inbreeds.
                      The U16 in this thread title has to do with the teams, not the age of the people posting on it. So please stop and go back to doing your algebra homework.

Comment

Contenders
                        Long shots
                        No chance

Ives
                        NFM-Red
                        Davie
                        Lake Worth
                        Strictly
                        Coral Springs United
                        Real Madrid
                        Leg-AZ

Clay
                        ADCY
                        Kendall
                        GPS

WFF-Brandon

Interesting... We will see. Nice work and good luck to all.

Comment

Contenders
                          Long shots
                          No chance

Ives
                          NFM-Red
                          Davie
                          Lake Worth
                          Strictly
                          Coral Springs United
                          Real Madrid
                          Leg-AZ

Clay
                          ADCY
                          Kendall
                          GPS

WFF-Brandon

All contenders are on same half

Comment

All contenders are on same half
                            Agree. There will be some very lopsided games on finals weekend.

Comment

Those that Clearwater Kool Aid taste good? OH YEAH!!!
                              Do you and your boy watch Rudy together every night??

LOL

Comment

and the race for the 8th best team continues.....lmao

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X