Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARSEFAN4 View Post
    Hey! Some folks might remember me from the old 98/99 thread days (current U17). I would tell everyone, whose son is still playing, to enjoy the rest of this years state cup ride. IMHO to win, a team needs several ingredients to come out on top, Fitness, Team Unity, Focus and a little luck. The winner could possibly be a team that hasnt been hyped much recently.

Dont look for "The Brother" to ever post on this site again. Knowing him and his character he has moved on and I wish him all the best. "Rowdie Ralph" and his son are doing the U18 Developmental Academy thing. His days here are also done. As for us, first year playing on age has been great for leadership skill development.

"I put my name". Enjoy your posts. Take it all the way through the end!
    Hey Arse, how does being back to club u16 compare to your time with Kendall DA?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hey Arse, how does being back to club u16 compare to your time with Kendall DA?
      I could write a dissertation on my past 9 yrs in US Youth Soccer including DA. I have been involved in all aspects of the journey. To summarize DA vs Club, all I have is two words for you.....LESS STRESS:D

Comment

THE SELF RIGHTEOUS Have Spoken!
        Pretty spot on!

The real

"I have put my name on it"

Comment

You guys made me laugh tonight.

On that note, ANY parent following this thread is too immersed in youth soccer (myself included) !!!

Comment

I could write a dissertation on my past 9 yrs in US Youth Soccer including DA. I have been involved in all aspects of the journey. To summarize DA vs Club, all I have is two words for you.....LESS STRESS:D
            Perhaps....also less skill and talent :)

Comment

Enjoy it

Is it true that they only had 11/12 players? That would be so funny. All they do is throw money around for guest players and they only have this many for State Cup. How great would it be if they lost tomorrow also. Yes, they do well in tournaments but that is with guest players. Of course they will say State Cup is just not that important to them, it is just another "local tournament"
              Enjoy it everyone. A friend told me about the posts about our team. Feel free to ignore all of the facts and have fun with the score sheets. But there were only 12 kids out of 27 kids at the beginning of the season that were left with the club for state cup. All of the top boys teams at FC are moving to a spin-off of FC Florida and the U16s haven't played with a FYSA roster since region 3. Awkward was that it wasn't handled well because many of the kids didn't know they couldn't play on the state cup roster until the day of the first game. So it was a mess, but it's over. No more FYSA at all for this team.

Feel free to have fun and overstate the meaning of an admin issue. I am sure you are all right. The boys are terrible and we will lose every game going forward. Two years of solid play from good kids is over. They just forgot how to play and our coach forgot how to coach. Yeah, we are done.

Now that that's over, here's my thought. ACYS was actually pretty good. The other teams that we faced were not. It's hard to know how good ACYS might be because we were so depleted, but they did have some kids who can play.

Our money (from the sideline) is on NFM and Clay County.

Good luck to all. We will see you at tournaments in the near future.

Comment

Well since you bring it up.....

Perhaps....also less skill and talent :)
                If we lived in Calfornia or Texas, I would agree. In Florida.....Sorry not buying.

Comment

If we lived in Calfornia or Texas, I would agree. In Florida.....Sorry not buying.
                  And this would be different in Texas or California because why? And you would somehow be this judge of talent in these 2 states because why? Truth is DA is far above club soccer in every area where DA is available including Florida. Any top club team in Florida would easily lose by 4-5 goals to DA teams. And most club players, including your own I'm sure, would be playing DA if given the opportunity or if they made the team.

Comment

And this would be different in Texas or California because why? And you would somehow be this judge of talent in these 2 states because why? Truth is DA is far above club soccer in every area where DA is available including Florida. Any top club team in Florida would easily lose by 4-5 goals to DA teams. And most club players, including your own I'm sure, would be playing DA if given the opportunity or if they made the team.
                    That is an empty claim, as the DA will never play outside the DA. We will never know, so you are assuming, and maybe right. BUT we will never know.

Comment

That is an empty claim, as the DA will never play outside the DA. We will never know, so you are assuming, and maybe right. BUT we will never know.
                      I think the DA is about even with the top teams in the State. Problem is that the DA right now would have older kids because they go by birth year. A better comparison maybe when club soccer goes to birth years, like DA. Would be nice at that time to maybe reward the top ranked teams in the state at the end of the year to be in a tournament with the DA's. This would give the DA's a chance to recruit the kids that they see on the club teams.

Comment

It's pretty disturbing how much you do know. Why do you care so much? Why do you care so much about the other teams? Just go watch your son and call it a day. Its borderline creepy all these posts about 16 year old boys.
                        Ironic that someone would wonder why someone would care so much and respond by caring enough to post a complaint!

Comment

I think the DA is about even with the top teams in the State. Problem is that the DA right now would have older kids because they go by birth year. A better comparison maybe when club soccer goes to birth years, like DA. Would be nice at that time to maybe reward the top ranked teams in the state at the end of the year to be in a tournament with the DA's. This would give the DA's a chance to recruit the kids that they see on the club teams.
                          Correct on DA birth year, But DA uses Start of season not end of season like the clubs are going to. So next year 00's are u16 and in club they will u17's. They are changing in 2017. So right now they are not older. I agree that club top teams would be competitive.

Comment

I love it how having a registered name all of a sudden makes you something other than anonymous. Dear Mr. I put my name on it, is I your first name? I have no doubt that you intersperse additional "anonymous" posts among your "non-anonymous" posts. :)

Funny. Really funny. I don't think you are creepy, just weird and way too immersed in youth soccer. I can only imagine what your son must endure. That is assuming your son actually plays for one of the teams you are constantly posting about.

I love soccer. I watch soccer almost every day. I cannot keep up with all the matches I DVR but frankly I have to check the day of the game to see what team my son's team is playing. I enjoy watching him play and enjoy most of the parents from our team and our opponent's team, as long as they are normal, reasonable people who are also there to watch their son play a great game. For most of us, that is enough. Obviously for you it is not, but to each their own, I suppose.

I just hope you are retired or at the very least don't work for my company because one thing is for sure, you spend way too much time on this forum!
                            Again, spending FOUR paragraphs wondering why someone ELSE cares so much.

Do you not see the utter hypocrisy of your posts? He took MAYBE 15 more minutes to post his updates and predictions than you did with your observations.

I enjoy them, others enjoy them, and perhaps he is able to manage his time much better than you?

Comment

as someone whose club team has scrimmaged DA, this is patently not true.

As someone who has also seen what Montverde has done, including to a DA team, DA in Florida is not the best team in the state.

Comment

as someone whose club team has scrimmaged DA, this is patently not true.

As someone who has also seen what Montverde has done, including to a DA team, DA in Florida is not the best team in the state.
                                Monterverde? Please. Why are you comparing the top high school team in the country which is fully recruited including most from outside this country to any club team or da? But I do think that any top da team would destroy most top club teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X