X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1793345]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Dope. There are so many ways that kids with no money can still pay for college. If you didn't go to college yourself, just be quiet. You look the fool.
    You are just so stupid. Yes, many students do go to college for little or more money. Those are educational scholarships. I doubt many kids on that team will have the grades or SAT scores to get a free ride. Have a GPA around 3.7-4.0 and a SAT score above 1300 and I bet you will get a free ride at a good college.Soccer scholarships do not work the same way as other college sports. You still need the good grades and even with that most likely it will only be partial.

Comment

WFF Haters

Looks like another week of gnashing of teeth for the WFF haters. WFF won over GPS today, so look for more baseless claims that they are "average" and "can't make their HS team" for one more week as they hope someone else can beat them.

Comment

Looks like another week of gnashing of teeth for the WFF haters. WFF won over GPS today, so look for more baseless claims that they are "average" and "can't make their HS team" for one more week as they hope someone else can beat them.
        I remember all the talk about how they lost their best players, etc. Looks like they have found a way to win. So much for the haters now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1789916]
          Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
          Good morning and welcome to the opening weekend of State Cup. The play-in rec soccer round is over and now State Cup really begins.

There were no major surprises in Round 1 as the teams that should have won did win. The only surprise appeared to be in Lutz as the Rangers supporters somehow thought they would beat Celtic and NFM after losing their opener to rec club Spirit. They went on to lose (& seal their elimination from State Cup) to Celtic in their 2nd game. They tied NFM when NFM gave the Rangers an own goal, but NFM had locked up the group before kickoff, so the game meant nothing. It just goes to show you that the best ganja in Hillsborough County is in the North.

So, it's on to Round 2!

WFF-Brandon vs. GPS Orlando Probably the game that determines the group winner. Have to give the nod to WFF

Coral Estates over Miami Beach

Coral Gables vs Kendall Academy Reserves
          Close game, but I pick Coral Gables

Weston over JFC

FCF vs ACYS
          This will be the battle for the group, Lake Worth & WFF-Pinellas are not contenders. Rumors abound that FCF is in disarray and ACYS is playing well. I don't think FCF has deteriorated that much and I give the nod to FCF in a close one.

Lake Worth vs. WFF-Pinellas
          LW has been playing tougher competition than WFF-Pinellas and it will show in this game. Pick Lake Worth to win.

NFM over Key Biscayne

Rush over CSU

FCDEC over S. Orlando

OCYS over Davie

Clay over WPU

Strictly over Team Boca

NFM over PBG

RM over Brevard

FESA vs Leg-AZ
          FESA has not been playing well since the first of the year, go with Leg-AZ

Ives vs. CLW
          Which CLW team shows up? The one that draws solid teams like OCYS and GPS Orlando, or the one that loses by 3 to WFF-Pinellas and can't beat the St. Pete Raiders (ranked 78th in the state-had to save you the time of looking it up). Ives played tougher competition all year and finished 6th in FSPL. I give the nod to Ives

Here is how I see the groups finishing and progressing to the Round of 16:

WFF-Brandon
          GPS

Coral Gables
          Weston

FCF
          ACYS

NFM
          Rush (this team got a GIFT in the draw-now ay are they are Round of 16 team)

OCYS
          FCDEC (also lucky in the draw)

Clay
          WPU
          (Strictly goes back to CDL play next year as their top league)

NFM
          RM

Ives
          CLW vs Leg-AZ game determines who progresses. Leg-AZ SHOULD have been playing FSPL this year instead of CSU and it would have prepared them better for State Cup. I think CLW can do it, but they are inconsistent as Hell.....[/QUOTE

Pretty decent summary although you need to check your stats more carefully at least in regards to CLW. It was a second team, not this team, that lost to WFF and didn't beat St. Pete Raiders. I agree that Ives game will be interesting but CLW should win and win the group.
          I will have a full rundown of opening day of State Cup Round 2 later when all scores have posted, but I think I need to check my stats more carefully, at least in regards to CLW-wait, what?

NO! I DON'T

Please excuse me while a gloat a little. In my game day preview, I wrote:
          Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post

Ives vs. CLW
          Which CLW team shows up? The one that draws solid teams like OCYS and GPS Orlando, or the one that loses by 3 to WFF-Pinellas and can't beat the St. Pete Raiders (ranked 78th in the state-had to save you the time of looking it up). Ives played tougher competition all year and finished 6th in FSPL. I give the nod to Ives
          That's right, give the nod to IVES.

I guess I know the CLW team better than the CLW honks gave me credit for.

CLW still has a struggle to get out of Round 2 by getting past Leg-AZ next weekend. Even FESA, as poorly as the have been playing lately, can draw, maybe beat, CLW. CLW is that inconsistent & FESA has played tougher competition all year. FESA is far better than TBU and CLW has squeaked out 1 goal victories of TBU late in the season. A draw with FESA is as good as a loss for CLW.

Comment

Good job ACYS

FC Florida got beat by a good team in a game that started ugly and wind blown. With 5 seconds left, one of the ACYS kids smoked a low ball from 30 yards out to break the tie. ACYS wins 3-2

Comment

FC Florida got beat by a good team in a game that started ugly and wind blown. With 5 seconds left, one of the ACYS kids smoked a low ball from 30 yards out to break the tie. ACYS wins 3-2
              The wind today made for a lot of unpredictable play all over the east side of the state. Made for a lot of odd results and play.

Comment

Kendall over Toros is the shocker of the day so far. I expected a tie at worst in that game.

Comment

Wind

Kendall over Toros is the shocker of the day so far. I expected a tie at worst in that game.
                  Same 25 mph wind. I watched JFC and FCF. FCF gave up two wind balls on set pieces. ACYS was smarter though they kept putting the ball into play with wind shots and FCF didn't adjust. Barely shot

Comment

Other scores

Same 25 mph wind. I watched JFC and FCF. FCF gave up two wind balls on set pieces. ACYS was smarter though they kept putting the ball into play with wind shots and FCF didn't adjust. Barely shot
                    No Wellington field scores are posted. What happened?

Comment

So far a bad "local" Tournment for FCF.

Comment

LMAO at the Wind aided victory excuse! I guess the wind only affects the loser right!

Comment

Originally posted by ARSEFAN4 View Post
                          LMAO at the Wind aided victory excuse! I guess the wind only affects the loser right!
                          LMAO at how stupid you are. Wind affected everyone. It was extreme to say the least.

Comment

LMAO at how stupid you are. Wind affected everyone. It was extreme to say the least.
                            LOL are u reiterating my point? I think you missed my sarcasm. But yes you are right, Im stupid for thinking this thread had any intelligence
                            Last edited by ARSEFAN4; 04-17-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Scores are all posted now. A lot of ties today.

Comment

Scores are all posted now. A lot of ties today.
                                Yes and plenty of wind excuses.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X