Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He'll have a ball playing HS with his buddies on the field and at the games. Just tell him to be careful and protect himself on the field.
    That is a ridiculous statement. Most of the players on my son's HS team played club ball as did most of the players on teams we played. HS soccer is no more dangerous by hacking players than a game against Strictly. If your son needs to "protect himself" against any team it would be club play against the thugs at Strictly.

Comment

Originally posted by ARSEFAN4 View Post
      He is a late 99, so eligible to play this age group. He didnt decide not to play Academy this year, it was decided for him, when not selected. Im ok with it. He is for the first time playing with his own age. Im looking forward to see him wear his HS colors.
      ....as a cheerleader along with his pom-poms!

Comment

Very cool good for him. Still at Kendall?
        Yes he is. Looking forward to the season and playing against some of his ODP friends he made over the summer. Right off the bat he will likely face off against ODP teamates from Clay County and NFM in the Showcase Qualifier. Should be fun. I have no illusions but it will be interesting how this Kendall team stacks up.

Comment

well....

....as a cheerleader along with his pom-poms!
          My wife and I have been doing that since he was 4yrs old, so it wont be that much different. ;)

btw. I got the joke but decided to diffuse it.
          Last edited by ARSEFAN4; 08-19-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

That is a ridiculous statement. Most of the players on my son's HS team played club ball as did most of the players on teams we played. HS soccer is no more dangerous by hacking players than a game against Strictly. If your son needs to "protect himself" against any team it would be club play against the thugs at Strictly.
            No offense but this is patently untrue. Even if you discount the widely varying level of skill, the fact is that at the beginning of his freshman year my 14 year old was playing against 17-18 year olds. The simple rules of physics state that as a result, HS soccer is more dangerous (for boys) than club soccer because a larger object (18 year old defender) has a greater opportunity to impact against a much smaller object (14 year old mid or forward).

I'd say the same thing about club soccer if U15 teams played regularly mixed in with/against a U18 club.

Comment

No offense but this is patently untrue. Even if you discount the widely varying level of skill, the fact is that at the beginning of his freshman year my 14 year old was playing against 17-18 year olds. The simple rules of physics state that as a result, HS soccer is more dangerous (for boys) than club soccer because a larger object (18 year old defender) has a greater opportunity to impact against a much smaller object (14 year old mid or forward).

I'd say the same thing about club soccer if U15 teams played regularly mixed in with/against a U18 club.
              I don't know how HS is in Central or North Florida. But I can tell you its not that simple for a freshman in South Florida (especially Miami) to make a HS varsity team. When they do, playing time is usually limited.

Believe it or not, some of the best players in Miami-Dade county choose not to play Academy because of the social, $$$ and prestige factor that work in favor of HS.

Of course everything depends on the school and what type of program they run. Coach should know how to integrate, young talented players into the system in a safe manner. I can tell you that in my son's school.... soccer is a big deal. Id rather not turn this into a Talking-High School Soccer thread, so I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by ARSEFAN4 View Post
                I don't know how HS is in Central or North Florida. But I can tell you its not that simple for a freshman in South Florida (especially Miami) to make a HS varsity team. When they do, playing time is usually limited.

Believe it or not, some of the best players in Miami-Dade county choose not to play Academy because of the social, $$$ and prestige factor that work in favor of HS.

Of course everything depends on the school and what type of program they run. Coach should know how to integrate, young talented players into the system in a safe manner. I can tell you that in my son's school.... soccer is a big deal. Id rather not turn this into a Talking-High School Soccer thread, so I digress.
                That's a great point. Many Central Florida teams have a mix of HS players at high, medium and sometimes low levels, to the point that a freshman can often make varsity.

Really though we enjoyed it. The only problem that I noticed was there were truly too many games per week. 2-3 games a week plus practice is a lot. And in Central Florida it can get really cold up in the stands!

Comment

That's a great point. Many Central Florida teams have a mix of HS players at high, medium and sometimes low levels, to the point that a freshman can often make varsity.

Really though we enjoyed it. The only problem that I noticed was there were truly too many games per week. 2-3 games a week plus practice is a lot. And in Central Florida it can get really cold up in the stands!
                  You know you are a whiny soccer parent when you live in Florida and you are posting on talking-soccer about it being cold in the stands. Good grief.

Comment

Oh, it must be that time of the month for the WFF players, right WFF daddy mama? Don't you keep a good supply of Midol on the sidelines? Heard they are all on the same cycle.

Comment

Oh, it must be that time of the month for the WFF players, right WFF daddy mama? Don't you keep a good supply of Midol on the sidelines? Heard they are all on the same cycle.
                      Why would WFF complain about Strictly. They destroyed Strictly last year. Strictly not even on their radar.

Comment

Love this, Midol smack about the State Cup Champions from a team that got knocked out at Round of 16 by a score of 3-1. If WFF are a bunch of girls then Strictly must be pretty pathetic.....

Strictly is thuggery, no skills, and even less class.

Comment

Love this, Midol smack about the State Cup Champions from a team that got knocked out at Round of 16 by a score of 3-1. If WFF are a bunch of girls then Strictly must be pretty pathetic.....

Strictly is thuggery, no skills, and even less class.
                          Yes. We all know WFF are the better team. So why do you WFF parents keep having to come on here and talking crap about Strictly. The kids on the WFF team are good but most of the parents are aholes and have no clue about soccer. They only played each other once and WFF were lucky to escape that game with a tie. Ever since they have been bashing Strictly and calling the players thugs and shirt pullers, etc. Shows you the soccer IQ of this person. So WFF has never pulled a shirt or commited a foul to gain an advantage ? Come on be for real. It is part of the game at every level.

Comment

Chargers

We don't care about WFF or Suckly.

Until those teams beat the Chargers this year, they are the new number 1.

Comment

Good luck to all the teams startinh the FSPL season this weekend.

There are a couple of good matchups.

NFM vs Toros should be good game and good test for both.

Comment

Yes. We all know WFF are the better team. So why do you WFF parents keep having to come on here and talking crap about Strictly. The kids on the WFF team are good but most of the parents are aholes and have no clue about soccer. They only played each other once and WFF were lucky to escape that game with a tie. Ever since they have been bashing Strictly and calling the players thugs and shirt pullers, etc. Shows you the soccer IQ of this person. So WFF has never pulled a shirt or commited a foul to gain an advantage ? Come on be for real. It is part of the game at every level.
                                Strictly is a scrub thug team that got lucky to tie WFF and now thinks they are a State Cup contender. The ref was a doormat that allowed rugby tackles and only a gk mistake allowed Strictly to tie.

There are occassional tugs and pulls, but when that is your entire strategy it is YOU that have no soccer IQ. When you have a ref that calls a clean game you are nothing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X