Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What? Off the top of my head, Altidore, Bedoya, Zuzi, Eddie Johnson, etc... Probably others that I can't remember
    Tommy Redding?

Comment

No excuses. Fact is we suck at player development. We lose to Chile. Chile is the size of what Texas? We need a real overhaul of our entire youth system. Jurgen knows this.

The professional academies will be the way to go (MLS Academies). Any other way is a waste of time if you want to be a pro.
      We live in a " pay for play " club mentality. If we want to be better than South American soccer we got to do our homework first, maybe klinsmann is doing that

Comment

We live in a " pay for play " club mentality. If we want to be better than South American soccer we got to do our homework first, maybe klinsmann is doing that
        We won't be better than S. America until our inner-city kids start playing street soccer instead of going to school.

Comment

We won't be better than S. America until our inner-city kids start playing street soccer instead of going to school.
          cerebral

Comment

I just can't imagine 6'5" and above inner city kids playing street soccer.....It has more to do with our lack of top International coaches helping our players....
            Remember, the same guys that coaches 15/20 years ago are still coaching now and also are running most of our youth Academies..things haven't changed that much, if any... Could the current team beat the 2002 team that included Mc Bride, Reyna, Mathis and a young Landon Donovan/ Demarcus Beasley duo...I have my doubts...

Comment

I think a lot of factors went into the loss...starting with simply not having all of the best players in and it being the off-season. It could've been worse. Definitely not sold on Jones at CB though.

For anyone who missed the game, this is a good recap: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...loss-to-chile/

Comment

...Bottom line is the USA has won 1 of their past 9 games since beating Ghana at the World Cup.....If this was the record of England, that coach would be gone so quick..
                It sounds like you are saying that as it would be a good thing. Constant switching of leadership does no organization any good. The facts are as you say but does that really matter in the big picture? Gold Cup, Copa America, World cup qualifying are really the only things that matter. Everything else is development.

IMO we looked interesting in the first half. We opened up the field better than any time in recent memory. 3-5-2 is tailor made for Yedlin and it seems as if Jurgen is betting on him as being our most dynamic player.

No two ways about it though, we stunk up the 2nd half!

Comment

So. It is a game. It is great to live in a country where there are a hell of a lot more things to do than play soccer.
                  I agree... Go play with yourself and leave us alone.. Thank you!

Comment

It sounds like you are saying that as it would be a good thing. Constant switching of leadership does no organization any good. The facts are as you say but does that really matter in the big picture? Gold Cup, Copa America, World cup qualifying are really the only things that matter. Everything else is development.

IMO we looked interesting in the first half. We opened up the field better than any time in recent memory. 3-5-2 is tailor made for Yedlin and it seems as if Jurgen is betting on him as being our most dynamic player.

This starting to sound so familiar

“We practically only practiced fitness under Klinsmann," Phillip Lahm said, according to excerpts published in German newspaper Bild and translated into English by several ******s. "There was very little technical instruction and the players had to get together independently before the game to discuss how we wanted to play.”
                    Lahm, a world class defender who has played more than 80 times for his country, also wrote, “All the players knew after about eight weeks that it was not going to work out with Klinsmann. The remainder of that campaign was nothing but limiting the damage."

Comment

I can't help but think I'm not alone when objectively looking back at the World Cup and realizing that we got outplayed, sometimes dramatically, in every game. And without a Tim Howard (who now sounds like no fan of Klinnsman, to the point of not wanting to play for the Nat'l team) we have no chance of getting out of the group stage.

We really look like we are playing a different, certainly inferior game, compared to other countries. IOW, results to the naked eye under Klinnsman do not instill a sense of confidence in the future the U.S. National team.

Comment

I can't help but think I'm not alone when objectively looking back at the World Cup and realizing that we got outplayed, sometimes dramatically, in every game. And without a Tim Howard (who now sounds like no fan of Klinnsman, to the point of not wanting to play for the Nat'l team) we have no chance of getting out of the group stage.

We really look like we are playing a different, certainly inferior game, compared to other countries. IOW, results to the naked eye under Klinnsman do not instill a sense of confidence in the future the U.S. National team.
                        Can we just scrap this coach, and the last year? it was a disaster from the start and our credibility has taken a nose dive that you can't pull up from. Rid us of this coach and half the team. I'd say start over but perhaps if we regrouped some of those that have been cut over the last year, we might be able to at least rebuild with some leadership and experience to back them.

Comment

Lol. We get out of the group of death, losing 1-0 to the eventual champions (who beat Brazil 7-1). We tied Ronaldo's team and took Hazard and Kompany's to extra time. That's about as good as we can expect.

Who cares if we lose friendlies ? See how gold cup goes this summer.

Comment

Lol. We get out of the group of death, losing 1-0 to the eventual champions (who beat Brazil 7-1). We tied Ronaldo's team and took Hazard and Kompany's to extra time. That's about as good as we can expect.

Who cares if we lose friendlies ? See how gold cup goes this summer.
                            US beats Ghana in a game they did not deserve to win
                            US ties Portugal who, as it turned out, was one of the worst teams at the World Cup
                            US lost to Germany, who played their worst game of the tournament that day
                            US lost to Belgium, would have been demolished had not been for Superman Howard in goal

I predict Mexico wins Gold Cup this summer

Comment

I actually believe the USA is decent and could compete, if they actually ever learn how to pass the ball.
                              If they have Not yet learned how to Pass they never will

Comment

Jurgen's going to lose that bet. Yedlin is very fast but his innate skills, the ones the separate the wheat from the chaff, are non-existent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X