Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id² National Selection roster for Argentina announced

The id² National Selection team roster for the 2015 id2 National Selection International Tour to Argentina, Feb. 28-March 10, has been revealed. Eighteen elite boys – 16 born in 2001 and two born in 2002 – from nine states throughout the country comprise the squad.

The complete roster is outlined below:

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/2015/01/...ina-announced/

NO PLAYERS FROM FLORIDA

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The id² National Selection team roster for the 2015 id2 National Selection International Tour to Argentina, Feb. 28-March 10, has been revealed. Eighteen elite boys – 16 born in 2001 and two born in 2002 – from nine states throughout the country comprise the squad.

The complete roster is outlined below:

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/2015/01/...ina-announced/

NO PLAYERS FROM FLORIDA
    No Players from FLORIDA - I'm not sure there are many from the U.S. !!!

Comment

can you say DA...

Comment

Great Job

Great job to the boys who made that team. This will be a life time event to remember for the rest of their lives. Work hard on the pitch and give the US a good name. Thank you US Club for giving the boys the honor.

Comment

Id2 NSIT

Only 8 of 18 from USSDA.
          There are 10 of 18 that play club ball only.
          There are 8 of 18 that have already participated in U-14 BNT call-ups
          There are 4 that are both USSDA and U-14 BNT

Comment

No OC players? Not fair!!

Comment

Only 8 of 18 from USSDA.
              There are 10 of 18 that play club ball only.
              There are 8 of 18 that have already participated in U-14 BNT call-ups
              There are 4 that are both USSDA and U-14 BNT
              These are '01s. U13/U14 DA this year is almost entirely '00.

Comment

This whole process is wrong. They pick kids at too early an age, before their bodies are even developed. Other kids that are close technically and tactically can develop at a faster rate, but are essentially shut out of the system. Our coaches (many with only US college - level experience) are lazy and find it easier to stick with the original kids year after year as the "chosen ones".

The result - look at the U17 MNT results from Bradenton this year. Dominated by Brazil, not so impressive even in the games they won.

The system should be a complete and objective meritocracy each year. Pick the best DA and accomplished (e.g. Dr. Pepper/Dalla Cup, other similar) club players based on a continuous and systematic scouting system and actual results on the field when best plays best.

Current DA system is touted as a solution - but think again - this is not working either. Scouts/admin is equally lazy, only show up to games featuring existing national team players or pool players. I NEVER see the scouts at games not featuring these players, and what this accomplishes is we never ID up and comers or exploding (developmentally) players. U16 DA showcase games at the mid-year tournament are a joke. None of them make it to the national team because those teams were chosen long time ago, administrative inertia, scouting cowardice and general retarded nature of the US system. The choosing of aristocratic "princes" from the earliest ages is un-American (we are built on the concept of continuously determined meritocracy), counter-productive for feeding our MNT, as shown year after year in the results, and needs to be completely done away with.

Pick a fresh national "all star" team each year. Top talent from prior MNTs should earn their spot the following year based on RESULTS and PERFORMANCE not legacy in the retarded US scouting system.

We are such soccer idiots here in the US. The Dutch, Germans and Argentinians do not make it so aristocratic and political, and they win.

My kid? I know this question is coming next. DA player, not ID'd, better than some that were few years ago (blew past them), not as good as others, still, and definitely not good enough to be on any national team at present, I fully admit. But he and many others that fall into his category should be able to displace non-performing MNT players. If you are honest about our system, you admit that they have no chance to do this no matter how well they do or how fast they develop. The national teams are set from the year prior to U13/U14 DA. If you dont make it this year, you are simply out of the running no matter what you do.

Flame away...

Comment

This whole process is wrong. They pick kids at too early an age, before their bodies are even developed. Other kids that are close technically and tactically can develop at a faster rate, but are essentially shut out of the system. Our coaches (many with only US college - level experience) are lazy and find it easier to stick with the original kids year after year as the "chosen ones".

The result - look at the U17 MNT results from Bradenton this year. Dominated by Brazil, not so impressive even in the games they won.

The system should be a complete and objective meritocracy each year. Pick the best DA and accomplished (e.g. Dr. Pepper/Dalla Cup, other similar) club players based on a continuous and systematic scouting system and actual results on the field when best plays best.

Current DA system is touted as a solution - but think again - this is not working either. Scouts/admin is equally lazy, only show up to games featuring existing national team players or pool players. I NEVER see the scouts at games not featuring these players, and what this accomplishes is we never ID up and comers or exploding (developmentally) players. U16 DA showcase games at the mid-year tournament are a joke. None of them make it to the national team because those teams were chosen long time ago, administrative inertia, scouting cowardice and general retarded nature of the US system. The choosing of aristocratic "princes" from the earliest ages is un-American (we are built on the concept of continuously determined meritocracy), counter-productive for feeding our MNT, as shown year after year in the results, and needs to be completely done away with.

Pick a fresh national "all star" team each year. Top talent from prior MNTs should earn their spot the following year based on RESULTS and PERFORMANCE not legacy in the retarded US scouting system.

We are such soccer idiots here in the US. The Dutch, Germans and Argentinians do not make it so aristocratic and political, and they win.

My kid? I know this question is coming next. DA player, not ID'd, better than some that were few years ago (blew past them), not as good as others, still, and definitely not good enough to be on any national team at present, I fully admit. But he and many others that fall into his category should be able to displace non-performing MNT players. If you are honest about our system, you admit that they have no chance to do this no matter how well they do or how fast they develop. The national teams are set from the year prior to U13/U14 DA. If you dont make it this year, you are simply out of the running no matter what you do.

Flame away...
                  Agree. Look at current u16 results from a week or 2 back. Same kids, same style, same results. By the way, look at a picture of the u16 group. Is that a team from USA? Are we sure?

Comment

Flame away...
                    I am very UPSET. My kid is the best 01 in Weston and was not selected. What is going on Michia?

Comment

Problem is a vast majority of these players are selected based not on individual talent level but scout-club/DOC relationships and scout personal interests. Witness Weston FC (no way most MNT players in a state should ever come from a single club if the system is truly objective). This is a form of corruption, where political structures driven ultimately by self-interest over-rides nationalism. The Dutch, Italians and Germans do everything based on a nationalistic sense of pride. I am speaking strictly about Mens soccer (MNT, emphasis on the M). Women's soccer cannot be objectively evaluated on a global scale yet because the vast majority of nations dont have an interest ( no title IX's to artificially/politically boost women's programs irrespective of market demand). For girls soccer comments please start another thread which I can then ignore. Thanks.

Comment

I am very UPSET. My kid is the best 01 in Weston and was not selected. What is going on Michia?
                        The players in Machia pocket are not doing good and soon out of pictures.

Comment

You are responding to my post. My kid is not an '01, not an early physically developed Hispanic player, we dont live in the Miami area, not that it is relevant. I think I clearly stated that my kid should not be on any national team. Couple of years? Who knows - it should be up to his talent development and work rate, but in the current system there is zero chance. However, I know a couple of players that should be on that team right now that are not and also never will be no matter how well they do, or how fast they further develop.

Comment

The players in Machia pocket are not doing good and soon out of pictures.
                            When he fired? Get someone better, smarter, harder working.

Comment

Always a player or two from PDA as head coach from ID2 there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X