Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am still trying to understand how an organization that was so politically connected and had significant financial backing could lose their fields to ACYS. These people manage to screw everything up and I am sure this will be no different.
    Who cares? This seems to be an attempt to make a stronger club by merging talent - whatever level that is. Good luck.

Comment

You can tell GPS is nothing but a joke by the turnout for the tournament this weekend. Send them all back across the pond!

Comment

Excellent news and very good opportunity for Central Florida players. Germans will straighten whatever was missing with GPS, because they do not put up with b.s. and expect returns to their investment and protect their brand name.
        If my kids age group practices at XL world, we will definitely comeback mainly because we are fed up and frustrated at OCYS due to their lack of training opportunities for purple teams.
        Most likely we will bring some more players with us if not complete teams.

Comment

Excellent news and very good opportunity for Central Florida players. Germans will straighten whatever was missing with GPS, because they do not put up with b.s. and expect returns to their investment and protect their brand name.
          If my kids age group practices at XL world, we will definitely comeback mainly because we are fed up and frustrated at OCYS due to their lack of training opportunities for purple teams.
          Most likely we will bring some more players with us if not complete teams.
          No OCYS purple players are leaving for this crap. It's FCA with a Bayern overpriced Jersey.

Comment

Like most clubs GPS will no doubt have good coaches to teach soccer skills and they will make money. Nothing wrong with teaching quality soccer and having a quality business. I like it will utilize an indoor sports complex. The kids will love the affiliation with Bayern Munich and it will make them want to aspire.

Comment

Like most clubs GPS will no doubt have good coaches to teach soccer skills and they will make money. Nothing wrong with teaching quality soccer and having a quality business. I like it will utilize an indoor sports complex. The kids will love the affiliation with Bayern Munich and it will make them want to aspire.
              Just like they did with AS Roma. Give me a break.

Comment

The only way this will get any traction is if GPS kills FKK access to FYSA player passes through Maitland.

Comment

The only way this will get any traction is if GPS kills FKK access to FYSA player passes through Maitland.
                  FKK and Maitland have their own territory. There are people in Winter Park and South Orlando looking for a good local club and not concerned about FKK-Maitland or OC.

Comment

Just like they did with AS Roma. Give me a break.
                    If it irks you then stay away. Frankly I'm intrigued after looking at GPS websites. They have had their coaches in Germany with Pep G talking to them. Bayern scouts and coaches have been at GPS to take sessions and they also have Bayern Munich USA teams which compete at top events. The press release says GPS Orlando will be merging players so I don't see why this can't be a good thing? At worst it is another option.

Comment

Great entertainment watching OC folks lose their minds over this kind of stuff. FKK went through the same negative attacks and smear campaign when they started too. Wonder if The OC lawyers have been put on notice! Too funny.

Comment

Great entertainment watching OC folks lose their minds over this kind of stuff. FKK went through the same negative attacks and smear campaign when they started too. Wonder if The OC lawyers have been put on notice! Too funny.
                        This GPS thing needs players and with Maitland joining the party just trying to work out where FKK is at in all this.

Comment

Until they get rid of head guys there nothing will change FCA was one of the best clubs out there and they bought the boy from Massachusetts and everything went down hill. Its disturbing because they did a lot of good before he showed up and turnout for the tournament is horrible. They hardly have any of their own teams. Oh by the way parents those fields wont be theirs,

Comment

XL fields are almost complete (they look great) and my kids sessions move from Lake Island to XL starting in Feb.
                            We were there two weeks ago and they still had the parking lot where the fields are supposed to be built. Lots of fencing and little actual construction. Don't hold your breath on those fields.

Comment

Why not

No OCYS purple players are leaving for this crap. It's FCA with a Bayern overpriced Jersey.
                              I am a parent of purple team player. My child would leave in a heartbeat. OC has two nights of training. I have to pay for additional training because they do not care about the purple teams. If you are not DA or ECNL then you are only their cash cow.

This club is a joke. Training is a joke. Go GPS. Give us a better option.

Comment

Are you serious? I mean are you Freak'n serious? Another Premier Global Super Duper league in Orlando? ***??????? Orlando has hardly been the hotbed for talent in this state. What do you idiots have against Jacksonville or Miami? How many State Cup Champions have come out of those regions vs. Orlando? Outside of a couple FCA boys teams in the 90s and the Rush girls teams in the last decade, what has this region delivered on a consistent basis? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. PV, SCU, TBU, Sunrise, Weston....the list goes on of clubs that consistently put top level athletes in D1 programs. Orlando has ECNL and DA so you decide to open up another elite program? Soooooo what does Orlando have? Gullible parents willing to pay $5000+ so their kid can travel around the country and get their butts kicked by far superior teams from California, Texas and Virginia? I mean this is stupid. Beyond stupid. Jax has been crying for ECNL for 3-years. GPS already has Ponte Vedra. Why would they want to base in Orlando and take on a freak'n MLS club????

Morons. Complete and utter morons!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X