TBU WEST staying or leaving poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weekend, I got the chance to question the coach of my daughters team at TBU WEST, the team has struggled this season and really lacks athletes, so I was tired of watching the same thing over and over each game. I asked the coach (yes he is a parent coach), if he had ever thought about going with a more defensive scheme during the games to try and control the middle of the field. The Coach, by the way, he is a very nice guy, told me that he was told by the DOC to have the girls try to kick the ball ahead as far as possible and then have the Strikers capture the ball and try to score. I told him it's not working, we barely score a goal a game and the kids are always out of place which in turn leads to easy breakaways by the other team. He then looked and me and said, if I played a defensive game, how would we ever score? IMO this guy is in over his head and is being misguided by the DOC to have his team solely rely on the long ball in order to generate offense. It has been a frustrating year at TBU WEST watching this play out each and every week.

We are leaving

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Last weekend, I got the chance to question the coach of my daughters team at TBU WEST, the team has struggled this season and really lacks athletes, so I was tired of watching the same thing over and over each game. I asked the coach (yes he is a parent coach), if he had ever thought about going with a more defensive scheme during the games to try and control the middle of the field. The Coach, by the way, he is a very nice guy, told me that he was told by the DOC to have the girls try to kick the ball ahead as far as possible and then have the Strikers capture the ball and try to score. I told him it's not working, we barely score a goal a game and the kids are always out of place which in turn leads to easy breakaways by the other team. He then looked and me and said, if I played a defensive game, how would we ever score? IMO this guy is in over his head and is being misguided by the DOC to have his team solely rely on the long ball in order to generate offense. It has been a frustrating year at TBU WEST watching this play out each and every week.

We are leaving
      The lunatic who keeps stirring things up about TBU West and Celtic posted this about a week ago and keeps answering his own posts. Would be nice if the moderator could block his IP address.

Comment

LARGO and TBU is a one year deal. AS is not happy, TBU is also. But the biggest issue is that the club overall is not doing well in CDL. I've said it before that AS trains to a lower level league. USA 2nd or 3rd Division. That's it. Never did he even try to compete his team into a premier/1st division league or tournament. And parents that ignorantly just realized how weak their teams really is compared to other CDL clubs. The players who will be leaving again plus the fact that nobody wants to transfer to Largo after this season will bring everything back to the LARGO UNITED numbers and quality.

Comment

Bhahahahaha.... Your bragging about being undefeated in the CDL 2nd division??? And your coached by your DOC??? You just won IDIOT of the YEAR
          I wasn't bragging about it. I stated a fact. He chose a team that has happy kids and parents! and proved that he was making crap up. Not sure where you got the "bragging " part. Lol

Comment

We came over to TBU West this spring after spending five years at Celtic, it's been quite refreshing to see our kids actually getting trained in proper soccer skills. Another difference is that parents at Celtic still applaud kids at the senior level when they kick the ball far but out of bounds, basically they are telling the kid it's great to give up your possession as long as you kick it far away. This doesn't happen at TBU, parents are more interested in seeing combo passing and changing the field.

Comment

We came over to CELTIC this spring after spending five years at TBU WEST (LARGO) it's been quite refreshing to see our kids actually getting trained in proper soccer skills. Another difference is that parents at TBU WEST still applaud kids at the senior level when they kick the ball far but out of bounds, basically they are telling the kid it's great to give up your possession as long as you kick it far away. This doesn't happen at CELTIC, parents are more interested in seeing combo passing and changing the field.

Comment

Why are so many families thinking about leaving TBU WEST

Comment

Why are so many families thinking about leaving TBU WEST
                  1. Poor Coaching

2. Club struggling with numbers

3. Promises made during the takeover not met

4. TBU WEST teaches kick and chase soccer

5. TBU WEST uses parents as coaches for competitive

Comment

The promises is what bothers me, we were lied to

Comment

The promises no follow through or even attempts to follow through ! Also there is no direction the team does not even seem to have a circulum to develop players!

Comment

We are leaving
                        Not a fan of TBU in general but I'm going to guess you won't be missed there. I only hope you don't come our way. Go get a coaching license and take a team....if not, stfu

Comment

The promises no follow through or even attempts to follow through ! Also there is no direction the team does not even seem to have a circulum to develop players!
                          Sum everything up !

Comment

The promises is what bothers me, we were lied to
                            Yep... That did it for me, not one thing they promised has been kept. It's been a wasted year. We are leaving

Comment

We're staying at TBU West, we played at Celtic for three years, the change has been great for our kids. it's the first time they actually have a professional coach, many times at Celtic we got stuck with a parent coach. On the first day of practice at TBU West, the coach kicked the ball hard and aimlessly, he turned to the kids and said we no longer do that, we own the ball and control it. After practice my kid said, wow, that's different at Celtic we were told to kick it hard and far, I said son, now your learning how to play real soccer.

Comment

That is a lie, there has not been anyone that left Celtic to go to TBU WEST the last couple of years. A complete lie on your part

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X