Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I witnessed these parents at a game and by far the worst group around. They yelled at the ref. and the players. There were two parents that were over the top though. One was a grayed haired guy who never stopped yelling at the ref over things that weren't even correct. Example: Boynton was defending a corner kick, and the opposing team was attempting a short kick. The boynton player was told to give them 10 and the parent stood up and yelled at the ref that he doesnt have to, because there was another player there and he was marking him. Another example: One of the boynton players collided with another player and the father, who was dressed in FSU shirt and hat, stood up and yelled to his son to punch him back! The kid wasn't even punched.
    There are some other examples I could give, but even the Boynton coach yelled over for them to stop coaching. He should have told them to stop talking all together. They were an embarrasment to the club. As for the grayed hair guy; you absolutely know nothing about the game. Stay in your chair and enjoy the fact you get to see your son or grandson play.
    Did the opposing team lose?

Comment

Did the opposing team lose?
      Do not know what these parents are thinking.......Bonyton did not win any games last weekend.

Comment

I witnessed these parents at a game and by far the worst group around. They yelled at the ref. and the players. There were two parents that were over the top though. One was a grayed haired guy who never stopped yelling at the ref over things that weren't even correct. Example: Boynton was defending a corner kick, and the opposing team was attempting a short kick. The boynton player was told to give them 10 and the parent stood up and yelled at the ref that he doesnt have to, because there was another player there and he was marking him. Another example: One of the boynton players collided with another player and the father, who was dressed in FSU shirt and hat, stood up and yelled to his son to punch him back! The kid wasn't even punched.
        There are some other examples I could give, but even the Boynton coach yelled over for them to stop coaching. He should have told them to stop talking all together. They were an embarrasment to the club. As for the grayed hair guy; you absolutely know nothing about the game. Stay in your chair and enjoy the fact you get to see your son or grandson play.
        This sounds like a disgruntled parent from the opposing team that may be used to beating Boynton, the game was close, and the end results for you were not so easy-peasy…..enjoying a confident victory! I can imagine, that you, too, were screaming and hollering…..caught up in the moment as if it were a life and death game!

Parents need sanctions for poor behavior. Parents need to be held further away from the side lines and from opposing team parents; perhaps then, this kind of a, "Ranting injustice," post will become less common?

Comment

I agree someone needs to say something & stop these overly aggressive parents, a field marshall or the DOC someone. It shouldnt be happening but its not just Boynton its most of the clubs out there.

Comment

Only 1 point in three games, it is clear this team is not that good. Especially if the one point tie was earned from a team a year younger.

Comment

Only 1 point in three games, it is clear this team is not that good. Especially if the one point tie was earned from a team a year younger.

It certainly seems like you have an axe to grind to know so much about this team; again disgruntled opponent or disgruntled parent?

All this huff over a U12 team?

Comment

My child plays for one of the younger Boynton teams & it is totally different then what you described. The parents encourage the kids & do not yell at the refs or the players like most of the Broward & Miami clubs...but whatever it will happen but what counts is the coaching & the kids playing. We are lucky to have an awesome coach & parents. I did hear that some of the parents of the older Boynton teams were loud & coaching from the sidelines. Dont judge the whole club by the acts of the parents on 1 or 2 teams. This is a very competitive clubs on the boys & girls sides.
                Yes very competitive super rec club....competitive at younger ages but U13 on it is a joke in Boynton, you can't even field teams and it is the reason why the better players leave. Enjoy your little bubble of U9 soccer and if you are smart start looking at what club in the area you are going to move your kid to when they are ready for actual training and competitive soccer

Comment

Well, lets see when that little bubble of U9 players moves up to the U16 division then lets see how things are. Not sure where my kid will be at U9 but possibly with Boynton. What club are you with? Are they so great from the U8 level all the way up to U18? Must be the way you are talking. Please share what super club this is.

Comment

Well, lets see when that little bubble of U9 players moves up to the U16 division then lets see how things are. Not sure where my kid will be at U9 but possibly with Boynton. What club are you with? Are they so great from the U8 level all the way up to U18? Must be the way you are talking. Please share what super club this is.
                    Its one of the clubs nearby (a stone's throw away) that is sinking and shrinking and desperate for anyone!

Comment

You must have never been to any of the clubs in Miami.
                      Valid point, except those crazies in Miami actually know the laws of the game when yelling at the ref. Still no excuse for yelling at the ref, but they are in their own loutish way disputing a valid point. Love it when parents whose only knowledge of offside is from American football scream all match long "offsides" (not offside) incorrectly and getting all worked up when they are just plain wrong.

Comment

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

Check out their got soccer record, and you will see why these parents are getting all crazy. They won all seven of their preseason div II games by huge margins, winning one game 21-0. These parents were thinking they were great, but did not quite understand div I is a completely different level.

So after winning 7 games straight, scoring like 59 goals in 7 games in the preseason, which is more than 8 goals per game. They only scored 4 goals in three games, not winning any of them.

These parents thought they were coming to West Pines to clean out the division, but got sent home with their tail between their legs.

Comment

Check out their got soccer record, and you will see why these parents are getting all crazy. They won all seven of their preseason div II games by huge margins, winning one game 21-0. These parents were thinking they were great, but did not quite understand div I is a completely different level.

So after winning 7 games straight, scoring like 59 goals in 7 games in the preseason, which is more than 8 goals per game. They only scored 4 goals in three games, not winning any of them.

These parents thought they were coming to West Pines to clean out the division, but got sent home with their tail between their legs.
                          Congratulations to those boys! And, yes, there is a bit of transition, for which they will work into, and continue to succeed! Everyone starts somewhere, and those that go up, while the path might not be easy, it's worth the journey!

Go Gett-um Boynton Knights U12 Boys!

Comment

What coach lets his team score 21 goals in a game? Real class right there.

Comment

Congratulations to those boys! And, yes, there is a bit of transition, for which they will work into, and continue to succeed! Everyone starts somewhere, and those that go up, while the path might not be easy, it's worth the journey!

Go Gett-um Boynton Knights U12 Boys!
                              No longer need to talk about or address the type of program or the parents that support it at Boynton, any team that scores 21 points is a absolute disgrace. As a parent I would be embarrassed to have my kid take part in a game like that. If the DOC was in any way involved, he would have stepped in and removed the coach immediately. If you are up big on a team you can play procession and not score, make kids play with their weak foot, etc, but to beat a team 21-0 is a disgrace and embarrassment to the game of soccer.

Comment

No longer need to talk about or address the type of program or the parents that support it at Boynton, any team that scores 21 points is a absolute disgrace. As a parent I would be embarrassed to have my kid take part in a game like that. If the DOC was in any way involved, he would have stepped in and removed the coach immediately. If you are up big on a team you can play procession and not score, make kids play with their weak foot, etc, but to beat a team 21-0 is a disgrace and embarrassment to the game of soccer.
                                That type of score does absolutely nothing for either team. If the other team is really that outclassed, many quality coaches impose conditions on his/her team before they can shoot, like must connect at least 5 passes before team can shoot, or only headers, etc. That way, it's still challenging and helping the players and team develop.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X