Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston?

What's up with the Weston Black & White teams? Both are highly ranked but I heard the White team tanked in Region Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What's up with the Weston Black & White teams? Both are highly ranked but I heard the White team tanked in Region Cup.
      Tbh, neither of these teams is very good. Calling them highly ranked is kind of silly. Look at the black team's points (since they are the better of the two). Points for coming in 7th in NPL last year, 5th in NPL so far this year, semifinals in the third tier of Disney and winning a weak Orange Classic tournament.

Just not a good team -- and white is much worse.

Comment

Tbh, neither of these teams is very good. Calling them highly ranked is kind of silly. Look at the black team's points (since they are the better of the two). Points for coming in 7th in NPL last year, 5th in NPL so far this year, semifinals in the third tier of Disney and winning a weak Orange Classic tournament.

Which is why Gotsoccer is not a good gauge for ranking. Especially beyond the top 2 they have listed. Clay and Sunrise are definite top 2. Ranks 3-5 could go either way. Ranks 6-10 as well, and so on.

Comment

Fact is they are ranked 10 & 11 in Got Soccer - yea, I know but what else is there?

White in the last couple of weeks won SFUYSA top division (elite, or whatever they call it) beating Cape Coral Black and the Weston Cup gold bracket beating Team Boca White and OCYS Purple in the playoffs. While those teams are not in the Top 5 it seems reasonable that they are all in the 6-20 range.

How do you go from beating 3 quality sides in a row to flaming out (including a forfeit) in Region Cup in 2 weeks?

Comment

Fact is they are ranked 10 & 11 in Got Soccer - yea, I know but what else is there?

White in the last couple of weeks won SFUYSA top division (elite, or whatever they call it) beating Cape Coral Black and the Weston Cup gold bracket beating Team Boca White and OCYS Purple in the playoffs. While those teams are not in the Top 5 it seems reasonable that they are all in the 6-20 range.

How do you go from beating 3 quality sides in a row to flaming out (including a forfeit) in Region Cup in 2 weeks?
            Guest players????

Comment

Guest players????
              I am from TBU and we played FC Florida twice in the last couple of weeks. The girls are very good but the parents are out of control. i thought both games were good and close but no need for parents yelling at the kids.

Comment

Congratulations to Sunrise for finishing 1st in FSPL. It was a good season and the results were closer than I expected when the season started. Congrats to all the girls who participated. Some teams were perhaps more competitive than others but hopefully all teams improved throughout the year and are better for participating.

And I assume Team Boca beat Wff 3-0 not 33-0.

Good luck in State Cup.

Comment

Congratulations to Sunrise for finishing 1st in FSPL. It was a good season and the results were closer than I expected when the season started. Congrats to all the girls who participated. Some teams were perhaps more competitive than others but hopefully all teams improved throughout the year and are better for participating.

And I assume Team Boca beat Wff 3-0 not 33-0.

Good luck in State Cup.
                  State cup winner should be one of the top three fspl teams. Good luck to all in state cup.

Comment

State cup winner should be one of the top three fspl teams. Good luck to all in state cup.
                    Agree. Top three are on an entire different level. Anything can always happen obviously, but would be surprised if did.

Comment

Agree. Top three are on an entire different level. Anything can always happen obviously, but would be surprised if did.
                      TOP 3? So you think the top 3 FSPL teams are the top 3 in the state? Thats interesting

Comment

TOP 3? So you think the top 3 FSPL teams are the top 3 in the state? Thats interesting
                        I didn't say that. There are other fantastic teams that could certainly match up against anyone on any given day. I just agreed with the poster that one of those teams has good odds to make it to the end.

Comment

I don't see where the person stated that. My interpretation of their statement was that the top 3 of FSPL are favorites to win State Cup. In a perfect world, I would like to see Sunrise vs Clay County in the State Cup final. We really cannot have an educated discussion of top 3 or top 5 in the state without discussing JFC, OCYS (ECNL), and WFF (ECNL) even though they didn't participate in FSPL.

Comment

I don't see where the person stated that. My interpretation of their statement was that the top 3 of FSPL are favorites to win State Cup. In a perfect world, I would like to see Sunrise vs Clay County in the State Cup final. We really cannot have an educated discussion of top 3 or top 5 in the state without discussing JFC, OCYS (ECNL), and WFF (ECNL) even though they didn't participate in FSPL.
                            Fair enough

Comment

No. The top 3 fspl teams are favored to win state cup imo. The npl teams do not seem to be as strong. Anything can happen in girls soccer though. ......

Comment

Top 3 in FSPL are the top 3 competing in State Cup, imo -- maybe with the exception of JFC, they could factor in as well. As another poster said, OCYS and WFF ECNL teams have to be factored in if we are talking about best in the State, but they are not registered for State Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X