Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Idiot.....girls HS soccer don’t have a lot of fans at 4pm on a Tuesday. If you can’t figure out how to space people out, then you are just plain stupid and in that case, perhaps a lack of social distancing will thin out your family tree of some dead branches.
    Tell that to the other guy complaining it's not fair if he can't go to away games. If you don't want parents behind the benches or nets, you're not left with much room for people every 6ft.

Home-game only is an easy, equitable to manage it. Let the kids play. It isn't about the parents.

Comment

I can’t believe people are still whining about not seeing games.... you sound like a 2 year old.
      you dont get it- either my wife or myself is at every one of our kids games-its requirement for them to play (youth and HS)
      took 2 kids to a tourney by myself- different ages so different venues about an hour apart
      was an hour away from a kid who got hurt pretty badly-

college level is different as its across the country but there is no reason in state

Comment

Tell that to the other guy complaining it's not fair if he can't go to away games. If you don't want parents behind the benches or nets, you're not left with much room for people every 6ft.

Home-game only is an easy, equitable to manage it. Let the kids play. It isn't about the parents.
        most schools have bleachers on both sides of the field and plenty of fence line
        for 90% of the games that is more than sufficient
        but for the 10% it is an issue (trumbull-stjs girls game last year had 1500 people watching)

Comment

but for the 10% it is an issue (trumbull-stjs girls game last year had 1500 people watching)
          Each school is somewhat different.
          Some only have turf bleachers on one side,, or some have only a small set for their grass fields where many games are played. Each school can figure out their capacity and let opponents know in advance what is allowed

Comment

you dont get it- either my wife or myself is at every one of our kids games-its requirement for them to play (youth and HS)
            took 2 kids to a tourney by myself- different ages so different venues about an hour apart

college level is different as its across the country but there is no reason in state
            Um yea... I do get it. I go to my kids games too...every one. And if the rule is I can’t watch live then I can’t watch. If your that concerned about an injury sit in the parking lot. Stop being such a freakin baby.

Comment

maybe for LL sized schools. Many smaller schools don't have nearly that.

Comment

Um yea... I do get it. I go to my kids games too...every one. And if the rule is I can’t watch live then I can’t watch. If your that concerned about an injury sit in the parking lot. Stop being such a freakin baby.
                Normally I can't make every game any way, but with working at home this fall it will be easier to see more. My senior is my youngest so the disappointment of possibly not seeing him play would sting more. I think our AD is trying to make sure games could be live streamed. Better than no season at all. There's a possibility we are still wrestling with this next spring so postponement isn't a great plan + club soccer issues.

Who would have ever thought we'd be dealing with this a year ago? Real life Twilight Zone

Comment

Christ they're in HS. If they get injured the school staff is trained to handle it.

Comment

It would be a gift if parents could not attend games. They stir the pot are bad sports and heckle kids. At our school there is a dad who vapes at games ( school allows ) organizes the pre game bar scene and sexually harasses the moms.

Comment

It would be a gift if parents could not attend games. They stir the pot are bad sports and heckle kids. At our school there is a dad who vapes at games ( school allows ) organizes the pre game bar scene and sexually harasses the moms.
                      Sexually harasses the moms?

Comment

I can’t believe people are still whining about not seeing games.... you sound like a 2 year old.
                        You’re a bloody moron. Parents enjoy watching their kids play any sport, especially when they’re seniors. Families invest enormous amounts of time in athletics for years and to say it doesn’t matter that the games can’t be watched in safe fashion makes zero sense. You should run for the Head if the CIAC, you’d fit in nicely. Tool.

Comment

Parents are a cancer on children's sports.

Comment

Sexually harasses the moms?
                            Well, apparently they go to the post-game bar scene, so he's doing something for your missus that you are not.

Now can we talk about high school soccer and not the stupid stuff?

Comment

There were dads drinking and abusing the referee last night at FSA....at a U23 Women's Summer League game. Can't make this chizz up.

Comment

You’re a bloody moron. Parents enjoy watching their kids play any sport, especially when they’re seniors. Families invest enormous amounts of time in athletics for years and to say it doesn’t matter that the games can’t be watched in safe fashion makes zero sense. You should run for the Head if the CIAC, you’d fit in nicely. Tool.
                                Whining bastard

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X