Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This will not be a higher level npl lol. If my kids were looking to play in college I would look to play in a club where your exposure will be at the highest. I just don’t see talented players wanting to play in this league. I anticipate a number of top players leaving the clubs. Just too much moving around...The clubs were so excited to announce DPL a year ago and look where they are. The level of play has gotten worse by eliminating nefc and seacoast teams. As much as I hate to say it but ecnl and gal are where college coaches will go.
    This will absolutely be a higher level NPL conference than NEP NPL. Why are you just laughing that off?

If you are relying on college coaches to follow a club team around for league matches you are in for surprise. They wont do that for ECNL league matches either. Unless a college already has a relationship with a player. If they have a relationship with a player and want to go to one of their league games they will go. No matter what league it is.

Don't confuse league games with college showcase events. Even most the college showcase events are watered down.

Comment

Club soccer is corrupt and this new league is another example of some feeling they need a bigger slice of the action.
      Well it might be "corrupt" because established leagues will not let new clubs in that will compete in the player pools of clubs that already have membership.

What other choice is there? Form a new league where players can compete at a good standard. Provide league championship events where top regional bracket winners compete with each other. Provide local college showcases. Provide opportunities for regional showcase events.

This is what I suspect Impact NPL wants to do.

Comment

Well it might be "corrupt" because established leagues will not let new clubs in that will compete in the player pools of clubs that already have membership.

What other choice is there? Form a new league where players can compete at a good standard. Provide league championship events where top regional bracket winners compete with each other. Provide local college showcases. Provide opportunities for regional showcase events.

This is what I suspect Impact NPL wants to do.
        If only that was true. You know that it’s not. This was a ‘behind the scenes’ move, based 100% club owners benefit. Why on earth are SOL, Best, Bayside, being pulled along by Lima?

Comment

If only that was true. You know that it’s not. This was a ‘behind the scenes’ move, based 100% club owners benefit. Why on earth are SOL, Best, Bayside, being pulled along by Lima?
          Along with Bolts, this is the #newcartel

Comment

This will not be a higher level npl lol. If my kids were looking to play in college I would look to play in a club where your exposure will be at the highest. I just don’t see talented players wanting to play in this league. I anticipate a number of top players leaving the clubs. Just too much moving around...The clubs were so excited to announce DPL a year ago and look where they are. The level of play has gotten worse by eliminating nefc and seacoast teams. As much as I hate to say it but ecnl and gal are where college coaches will go.
            This is wrong on so many levels. The most egregious being that they will miss the Seacoast clubs. Those were NEP level clubs. The only “loss” is nefc second team. This will not impact top players. If they are going to leave they would leave for ecnl regardless of whether it is this league or the DPL. No one is switching clubs to get to GAL.

Comment

Behind the scenes move? Club owners benefit? That sounds like they are trying to run a successful business. Those rotten scoundrels. Did you want club owners to discuss this with you first?

What club owners would stay in a bad situation for their teams and players or not look for opportunities that wouldn't benefit the club?

The 3 clubs you mentioned were all in DPL. They all left together.

Comment

Behind the scenes move? Club owners benefit? That sounds like they are trying to run a successful business. Those rotten scoundrels. Did you want club owners to discuss this with you first?

What club owners would stay in a bad situation for their teams and players or not look for opportunities that wouldn't benefit the club?

The 3 clubs you mentioned were all in DPL. They all left together.
                What a comment. You are without doubt the most deluded person on here. This has nothing to do with anything you mentioned, it’s about control and LL not having a say in DPL. Now she has a league she can manipulate for her benefit and the other clubs took the bait. So to confirm you think creating another npl league in an area where there is already an npl league will better benefit these clubs?

Comment

What a comment. You are without doubt the most deluded person on here. This has nothing to do with anything you mentioned, it’s about control and LL not having a say in DPL. Now she has a league she can manipulate for her benefit and the other clubs took the bait. So to confirm you think creating another npl league in an area where there is already an npl league will better benefit these clubs?
                  So the original comment was "If only that was true. You know that it’s not. This was a ‘behind the scenes’ move, based 100% club owners benefit. Why on earth are SOL, Best, Bayside, being pulled along by Lima?"

The response had everything to do with the comment. Yes, there is already an NEP NPL. Creating another NPL conference outside of NEP teams is a good idea. This gives both Impact NPL and NEP NPL the ability to run their conferences how they see fit. NEP NPL can remain a local conference and Impact NPL can try and grow into a more northeastern type conference. One will require more travel and opportunities to play clubs from other states. One can remain local to the area. The old Northeast NPL that was run by Stars and Scorpions will be a lot like what Impact NPL is striving for.

Comment

So the original comment was "If only that was true. You know that it’s not. This was a ‘behind the scenes’ move, based 100% club owners benefit. Why on earth are SOL, Best, Bayside, being pulled along by Lima?"

The response had everything to do with the comment. Yes, there is already an NEP NPL. Creating another NPL conference outside of NEP teams is a good idea. This gives both Impact NPL and NEP NPL the ability to run their conferences how they see fit. NEP NPL can remain a local conference and Impact NPL can try and grow into a more northeastern type conference. One will require more travel and opportunities to play clubs from other states. One can remain local to the area. The old Northeast NPL that was run by Stars and Scorpions will be a lot like what Impact NPL is striving for.
                    A good idea? Say no more. The fact anyone thinks another league in this area is a good idea proves you are clueless.

Comment

A good idea? Say no more. The fact anyone thinks another league in this area is a good idea proves you are clueless.
                      What is your suggestion? Just go around calling people clueless and delusional? Some players are looking for more chances to play outside the state and other players do not want that. This provides the chance for both options.

ECNL is not going to let other clubs in. There is a good chance GAL could fail. Those leagues aren’t options.

Comment

What is your suggestion? Just go around calling people clueless and delusional? Some players are looking for more chances to play outside the state and other players do not want that. This provides the chance for both options.

ECNL is not going to let other clubs in. There is a good chance GAL could fail. Those leagues aren’t options.
                        Agree ECNL is not letting anymore Massachusetts clubs in and GAL will most likely fail soon.

All this "new league" accomplished is letting clubs save face and get out of DPL and back into NPL. No harm. This league is just NPL at it's core.

Comment

This will absolutely be a higher level NPL conference than NEP NPL. Why are you just laughing that off?

If you are relying on college coaches to follow a club team around for league matches you are in for surprise. They wont do that for ECNL league matches either. Unless a college already has a relationship with a player. If they have a relationship with a player and want to go to one of their league games they will go. No matter what league it is.

Don't confuse league games with college showcase events. Even most the college showcase events are watered down.
                          So they lose nefc’s top team as you acknowledge and then say it’s going to be a higher playing level than NEP NPL? How did the league get better? Seacoast took over some decent FCUSA teams we both don’t know how they will be competition wise, but I promise you they will be better than my kids SPOL team:) I am not confusing league games with showcases. I think we all know that college coaches aren’t following around Best Fc/Spol/Aztec etc teams. I would love to see a commitment list from these teams. These clubs should have gone back into NEP NPL and moved on. Creating this new league is not necessary.

Comment

So they lose nefc’s top team as you acknowledge and then say it’s going to be a higher playing level than NEP NPL? How did the league get better? Seacoast took over some decent FCUSA teams we both don’t know how they will be competition wise, but I promise you they will be better than my kids SPOL team:) I am not confusing league games with showcases. I think we all know that college coaches aren’t following around Best Fc/Spol/Aztec etc teams. I would love to see a commitment list from these teams. These clubs should have gone back into NEP NPL and moved on. Creating this new league is not necessary.
                            ****Nefc 2nd teams

Comment

****Nefc 2nd teams
                              Yes NEFC's 2nd team, but you minus well include their 1st team as well for next year if GAL folds as expected.

Comment

If coaches are not following these teams, why do you need a commitment list?
                                These clubs are working hard to provide a service.
                                And why are you complaining about your daughter’s team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X